Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

I want Al Harris as our new dB coach, if we can get him.

Harris doesn't call plays, and he's not a brilliant X and O defensive mind, but he's the best teacher of secondary technique in the league, and his players absolutely love him.

If anybody can turn around Forbes and continue the growth that Quan had the last few games it's this guy.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

I predict that for the first time in almost 15 years, we open up vs. the Cowboys. 

I predict that for the first time since November 2023 we’ll be playing Dallas on Thanksgiving in Dallas.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Harris doesn't call plays, and he's not a brilliant X and O defensive mind, but he's the best teacher of secondary technique in the league, and his players absolutely love him.

If anybody can turn around Forbes and continue the growth that Quan had the last few games it's this guy.

If Zimmer is hired, which I believe he will be I think we will have our pick of who we want left over from Quinn's D and I don't think Zimmer would be an azz and keep them just for spite.  Shall see. 

Edited by RWJ
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

I believe I saw a video saying Harris would follow Quinn anywhere. The problem they have is it cannot be a lateral move without Cowboys permission.

• Like 1

Kliff Kingsbury to join Commanders as offensive coordinator in wild turn of events: reports

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/kliff-kingsbury-join-commanders-offensive-coordinator-wild-turn-of-events

It was an odd sequence of events that led to this hiring after Kingsbury was expected to join the Las Vegas Raiders and head coach Antonio Pierce in the same role.

Edited by Spearfeather

9 minutes ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

I believe I saw a video saying Harris would follow Quinn anywhere. The problem they have is it cannot be a lateral move without Cowboys permission.

Yeah, that's the issue.

Hopefully, RWJ is correct and they let Harris leave after they hire a new DC.

Al Harris is a difference maker and you can't say that about very many assistant coaches.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Yeah, that's the issue.

Hopefully, RWJ is correct and they let Harris leave after they hire a new DC.

Al Harris is a difference maker and you can't say that about very many assistant coaches.

I think Zimmer will be hired in the next day or two.  If a position coach wants to leave, I don't see the new DC or FO keeping that position coach just for spite.  Again, if Zimmer is hired, I truly believe the other position coaches will be able to get out of their deals too.  Harris is the main guy after Whitt though.  

• Thumb up 1

9 minutes ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

Quinn from DC to HC.  Whitt from Def Pass Game Coord to DC.  Harris from DB coach to Def Pass Game Coord.  All 3 represent promotions.  Dallas can't stop the hires.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Number 44 said:

Quinn from DC to HC.  Whitt from Def Pass Game Coord to DC.  Harris from DB coach to Def Pass Game Coord.  All 3 represent promotions.  Dallas can't stop the hires.

Seem right to me, N44. :) Protocol though.  It's important on both ends when you're a coach and player.   Don't want to burn bridges.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Number 44 said:

Sounds good. I noticed Harris energy on the sidelines in a few games this year. They really teach the corners great mental instincts. Bland and Diggs were both projects that came out to be A+. Gilmore came to Dallas as his career was basically over and they revitalized him.

7 minutes ago, Number 44 said:

Not sure the last one is a true promotion. Awesome if it is though. I think anything below DC is all on the same level.

10 minutes ago, Number 44 said:

Unfortunately Defensive Pass Game Coordinator wouldn’t represent a promotion as the NFL rules it. Only coordinator jobs and HC/GM count as promotions. Anything else is an assistant, by the rules. Even “Assistant HC” means nothing in this regard.

The sorta-kinda exception (I believe) is if a coordinator doesn’t call the plays, and will have the opportunity to with another team—most franchises will not block those moves even though they could. It makes them look bad, to hold back a coach’s career like that. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, RWJ said:

He's going to add another QB to his list in Drake Maye too. 

I seriously doubt we are going to draft Maye imo. If we don't trade up to #1 and stick at #2, we will get Daniel's. Once the combine starts and Daniel's pro day happens it will be nothing but a guarantee.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Conn said:

Unfortunately Defensive Pass Game Coordinator wouldn’t represent a promotion as the NFL rules it. Only coordinator jobs and HC/GM count as promotions. Anything else is an assistant, by the rules. Even “Assistant HC” means nothing in this regard.

The sorta-kinda exception (I believe) is if a coordinator doesn’t call the plays, and will have the opportunity to with another team—most franchises will not block those moves even though they could. It makes them look bad, to hold back a coach’s career like that. 

Thanks, didn't know that.  Seems odd, since it is a clear promotion.  Dallas would be within their right to stop Harris,then, but it would seem to be a vindictive thing to do to stand in the way of a man's career advancement.  Besides, wouldn't Zimmer be likely to want to bring in his own guys?

16 minutes ago, Number 44 said:

They can potentially stop Harris from leaving, assuming he's still under contract for next year (otherwise Harris can just leave of his own accord once that expires). Though if he doesn't get the DC job in Dallas, the new coordinator might want to replace him anyway with "his guy". And if Harris really doesn't want to be there, most teams will let a guy pursue other options. The only way Washington can force the move it to hire him for either head coach or a coordinator position. As most of those are already filled, the only option that Dallas could not block is to fire Nate Kaczor and bring Harris on as a special teams coordinator. Tough obviously that would be weird.

6 minutes ago, Jericho said:

They can potentially stop Harris from leaving, assuming he's still under contract for next year (otherwise Harris can just leave of his own accord once that expires). Though if he doesn't get the DC job in Dallas, the new coordinator might want to replace him anyway with "his guy". And if Harris really doesn't want to be there, most teams will let a guy pursue other options. The only way Washington can force the move it to hire him for either head coach or a coordinator position. As most of those are already filled, the only option that Dallas could not block is to fire Nate Kaczor and bring Harris on as a special teams coordinator. Tough obviously that would be weird.

Defensive Passing Game Coordinator

6 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Technically your right, Jericho but if Zimmer is hired do you think he will want Harris or any of Quinn's former coaches to stay if they want to leave.  Again, protocol and unless Zimmer has had a close relationship with any other the other position coaches, they will be free to go if they want to get back with Quinn and he wants them back.  It has to be mutual of course.  

16 minutes ago, HogsVa7 said:

I seriously doubt we are going to draft Maye imo. If we don't trade up to #1 and stick at #2, we will get Daniel's. Once the combine starts and Daniel's pro day happens it will be nothing but a guarantee.

Will wait it out and see.  I disagree. 

2 hours ago, WEARE1554 said:

I think it’s either Williams at 2 or trade for Fields.  Don’t see Daniel’s as a great option

2 hours ago, TK said:

Here's a crazy thought. :) 

Howell's already ran this offense & is still on a rookie deal. 

What if KK thinks he can fix Howell & they don't go QB at #2 because Curtis Samuel's contract voids five days after the 2023 league year Super Bowl.

Hello Marvin Harrison Jr at #2. 

I would love to take a swing at a Franchise QB that has potential to be top 10 or even 5 in thr League. But I also would be happy seeing us get MHJ, use both 2nd rounders on OL and trading a 3rd this year and next for Fields. Use free agency for TE, Defense and maybe 1 more OLinenman. 

• Thumb up 1

46 minutes ago, Commander Adama said:

Defensive Passing Game Coordinator

Doesn't really matter what title you give him, teams only get three coordinators and they have to be the "lead" coach on their side of the ball (offense, defense, special teams). And it can't be a shared position with someone else (no co-leads).

44 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Technically your right, Jericho but if Zimmer is hired do you think he will want Harris or any of Quinn's former coaches to stay if they want to leave.  Again, protocol and unless Zimmer has had a close relationship with any other the other position coaches, they will be free to go if they want to get back with Quinn and he wants them back.  It has to be mutual of course.  

I'm not sure if Zimmer would want Harris (though really, who else is he going to get?). And you're right, teams generally let guys leave in these situations. But, as a practical matter, do you really think Jerry Jones is just going to let Al Harris walk when he knows he'd go to Washington? I think you have to hope his contract is expiring. Otherwise he's more likely than not staying in Dallas.

Edited by Jericho

14 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Doesn't really matter what title you give him, teams only get three coordinators and they have to be the "lead" coach on their side of the ball (offense, defense, special teams). And it can't be a shared position with someone else (no co-leads).

I'm not sure if Zimmer would want Harris (though really, who else is he going to get?). And you're right, teams generally let guys leave in these situations. But, as a practical matter, do you really think Jerry Jones is just going to let Al Harris walk when he knows he's go to Washington? I think you have to hope his contract is expiring. Otherwise he's more likely than not staying.

Oh, definitely, Jericho.  Harris's contract will be null and void and a new one with Washington.  Totally agree.  Same w/other position coaches.