Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

3 hours ago, wit33 said:

I actually think he’ll be just fine. Dude is maniacal about pretty much everything in life, just not on Tuesdays ;)  lol 

I see him being a potential coup for a franchise if he plays ball financially, which I think he and his agent will this time around. 

Cousins would be an excellent fit in ATL. I assume he’s pretty familiar with Morris after their time here.

23 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Schefter literally called Bruce Allen his “editor”.

There is zero benefit to making a team look bad in a situation like this. The jilted side comes up with their own story to make themselves look better and face saving fictional narrative is put out there. The guy on the lions podcast is a legitimate journalist and cites confirmed sources that there was a standing offer and the dollar amount exceeded what Dan Campbell made.

I know most don’t like Florio but he calls out Schefter for his Brian Johnson reporting as well:

https://nypost.com/2024/02/01/sports/mike-florio-rips-adam-schefters-irresponsible-ben-johnson-reporting/amp/

Regardless, I have been done with whole Ben Johnson thing anyway. Quinn is our guy and that’s that. However, I don’t appreciate being called out by other posters so I responded to set the record straight. 

I’m not calling you out. I think you get that - but citing Florio as calling out anyone for reporting is somewhat ironic. Florio wouldn’t know what reporting is.

• Like 5

Just now, MartinC said:

I’m not calling you out. I think you get that - but citing Florio as calling out anyone for reporting is somewhat ironic. Florio wouldn’t know what reporting is.

Not you at all. You are the most reasonable and level headed guy here. Which sounds good in theory but compared to the real world might not be that impressive. You are the least crazy in the insane asylum! 

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

It’s the Lions beat writer being interviewed on the podcast. Thanks for playing. 

"The" Lions beat writer? No. Not even sure he qualifies as "A" beat writer. When he's not doing other podcasts like The Browns Wire or The Draft Wire, he might qualify as part of the "hot take media" mob referenced in this article that discusses actual Lions beat writers:

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2023/7/11/23790660/best-detroit-lions-beat-writer-reporters-outlets-websites

Curiously, none of the guys listed there have even hinted at the "standing offer" - or any offer - the Commanders might have made to Baby Ben. I suspect that, like others in this derailed thread have said, Risdon put out a saving-face rumor to make the Tiny Johnson feel better, and that at best, Risdon was mistakenly referring to a GMAP inquiry (say, Ben, please tell me there's no truth to that wacky $15M rumor we saw? You'd be open to something in the normal range for first-time OC's, right? RIGHT??).

No need to die on this hill, SCS - instead, please start digging for some info on who our next OC will be (like this rumor we've contacted Spurrier to gauge interest) kk thx bai.

Thanks for playing. 😜

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Dah-Dee said:

"The" Lions beat writer? No. Not even sure he qualifies as "A" beat writer. When he's not doing other podcasts like The Browns Wire or The Draft Wire, he might qualify as part of the "hot take media" mob referenced in this article that discusses actual Lions beat writers:

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2023/7/11/23790660/best-detroit-lions-beat-writer-reporters-outlets-websites

Curiously, none of the guys listed there have even hinted at the "standing offer" - or any offer - the Commanders might have made to Baby Ben. I suspect that, like others in this derailed thread have said, Risdon put out a saving-face rumor to make the Tiny Johnson feel better, and that at best, Risdon was mistakenly referring to a GMAP inquiry (say, Ben, please tell me there's no truth to that wacky $15M rumor we saw? You'd be open to something in the normal range for first-time OC's, right? RIGHT??).

No need to die on this hill, SCS - instead, please start digging for some info on who our next OC will be (like this rumor we've contacted Spurrier to gauge interest) kk thx bai.

Thanks for playing. 😜

He’s the USA Today beat writer for the Lions. 

14 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

If teams don't give out handshake agreements before they can technically hand someone the job how can we be confident in Kubiak going to the Saints?

Wouldn't that be "super illegal"?

IMG_0283.gif.6659bd83b4687ab677de29734f0eb047.gif

11 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

Reading up on Klint Kubiak from a 49er fan. He thinks their are other, better candidates there.

Screenshot_20240202-193012_Reddit.jpg

To be fair, that guy seems to be discounting everything that Kubiak did before joining the 49ers.  He has actually been an OC and play caller before, which is a level of coaching experience that those other guys haven’t approached.

• Like 1

I wonder who’s in charger of hiring the coordinators here. I feel like peters & co may not allow Quinn to hand pick his staff.

i, along with many other here, was very anti-Quinn; he’s literally the one coach we interviewed who I said please just not him.

anyway, the one bright spot was that he hired Kyle Shanahan as OC in ATL. Maybe he has an eye?

I’m trying to find something positive because all the success he’s had in this league can be easily proven otherwise.

• Like 1

Does anyone know much about Tee Martin the QB coach at Baltimore?? I was reading up on his Bio and looks like most of his experience is in college before landing with the Ravens.  I just remember him from his playing days at Tennessee 

Just wondering if he'd be a reach for the OC position 

Edited by DazedSkinsfan

2 minutes ago, CTskin said:

I wonder who’s in charger of hiring the coordinators here. I feel like peters & co may not allow Quinn to hand pick his staff.

i, along with many other here, was very anti-Quinn; he’s literally the one coach we interviewed who I said please just not him.

anyway, the one bright spot was that he hired Kyle Shanahan as OC in ATL. Maybe he has an eye?

I’m trying to find something positive because all the success he’s had in this league can be easily proven otherwise.

I read somewhere that Quinn wasn't responsible for the Shanahan hire in ATL. Perhaps that was the owner's choice?

1 minute ago, CTskin said:

the new owner, the new gm, the mercenary fo, or the grizzled coach?.  If the top hired quinn and doesnt let him try and recruit a staff Id be questioning all these first year everyone elses

55 minutes ago, bearrock said:

So what is the detail of this particular allegation?  Commanders had a standing offer since when?  Prior to Sunday evening violates the league hiring policy.  Prior to Monday after their interview with Weaver violates the Rooney Rule.  So either Commanders flagrantly violated league hiring rules or the standing offer was from Monday to Tuesday morning?  This is the stupid allegation you want to peddle?  Seriously?

They interviewed Bienime for HC job. I am not peddling anything.. just using this thing called google and common sense.. you should try it. its not any more or any less legitimate than what Keim said. I admire you.. you dont let things like common sense get in the way of your thoughtless drivel. 

1 hour ago, Curtisp5286 said:

Sorry fellas, the Detroit Lions Podcast is not a reputable sources, at least not any more reputable than Keim and others who are saying the opposite (and really, it’s less reputable).

Okay mr reputation police. Apparently you got the market cornered on what's considered reputable? I hear Taylor Swift wants at threesome with Mohomes and Kelce can you double check that for me big boy?

• Haha 1
  • Thumb down 1

Just now, CTskin said:

They are all professionals. Coaches get final say over their staff. I am positive Quinn had a plan that included names for key positions on his staff. The guy has been to 3 Super Bowls as a coordinator and a HC. His staffs have always had solid names and coaches. 

Let’s not pretend he’s a bafoon. I did not like the process to get him but I’m going to give him a chance. This isn’t a Zorn situation.

5 minutes ago, bird_1972 said:

I read somewhere that Quinn wasn't responsible for the Shanahan hire in ATL. Perhaps that was the owner's choice?

Quinn had a handshake deal and was still in the playoffs. Seattle played the Pats in the Super Bowl that year. They hired Kyle to be on his staff before it was official. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

They are all professionals. Coaches get final say over their staff. I am positive Quinn had a plan that included names for key positions on his staff. The guy has been to 3 Super Bowls as a coordinator and a HC. His staffs have always had solid names and coaches. 

Let’s not pretend he’s a bafoon. I did not like the process to get him but I’m going to give him a chance. This isn’t a Zorn situation.

the process involving having to wait for playoff teams to be eliminated is bad all around when your the ones looking i guess. They should just restrict all inquiries until after the superbowl

Edited by dunfer

1 minute ago, dunfer said:

the process inolving having to wait for playoff teams to be eliminated is bad all around when your the ones looking i guess. They should just restrict all inquiries untill after the superbowl

It will always be a game of musical chairs and fragile egos about who likes who more and who is someone’s first choice. Regardless of how they change the rules, there will always be winners and losers. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Quinn had a handshake deal and was still in the playoffs. Seattle played the Pats in the Super Bowl that year. They hired Kyle to be on his staff before it was official. 

So then it's fair to assume Quinn wasn't the primary person responsible for hiring Shanahan onto that staff ...

14 minutes ago, CTskin said:

Quinn should absolutely be responsible for hiring his staff. Peter’s and others should have a role and maybe a veto - but it’s Quinn’s staff. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, CTskin said:

Why do you feel like he won’t be allowed to pick his own staff?  I would assume that of course he  will be in charge of selecting his own staff.

• Like 1

This guy had a good list of candidates out there

based on this.  Bevell sounds interesting over the other dudes with SF right now.   Chip Kelly… not sure if he had actually changed since his last time in the league.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Curtisp5286 said:

Why do you feel like he won’t be allowed to pick his own staff?  I would assume that of course he  will be in charge of selecting his own staff.

and he better pick a good one. K in KDawg stands for Kelly

Edited by dunfer

1 minute ago, Curtisp5286 said:

Yeah even if you are not fa of Quinn, the HC gotta be the person who has final say on his staff or it isnt his staff.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bird_1972 said:

So then it's fair to assume Quinn wasn't the primary person responsible for hiring Shanahan onto that staff ...

Not exactly but the details aren't explicit. They came to Atlanta as part of their own "package deal," but unsure who or when that was initiated. Someone else may know more:

"The Falcons don't currently have a head coach, but according to Schefter, Shanahan and Seattle Seahawks defensive coordinator Dan Quinn have planned on being a package deal and the Falcons are expected to hire Quinn as head coach once the Seahawks' season ends following Super Bowl XLIX."

https://www.si.com/nfl/2015/01/19/atlanta-falcons-hiring-kyle-shanahan-oc

Logan Paulsen implied earlier that Quinn had a lot of input in pushing for Kyle and said he's good at spotting coaching talent, take that for what you will. 

Edited by sinews

13 minutes ago, oraphus said:

They interviewed Bienime for HC job. I am not peddling anything.. just using this thing called google and common sense.. you should try it. its not any more or any less legitimate than what Keim said. I admire you.. you dont let things like common sense get in the way of your thoughtless drivel. 

Okay mr reputation police. Apparently you got the market cornered on what's considered reputable? I hear Taylor Swift wants at threesome with Mohomes and Kelce can you double check that for me big boy?

Internal candidates do not count towards the Rooney Rule.

Also, you can miss me with the sass.

• Thumb up 1