Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

Just now, ntotoro said:

I wouldn't say three years would be unexpected for this team.

Terrible practice facility. No new stadium... terrible current one. There's a lot of infrastructure going on that can interfere with X's and O's, even subconsciously. Could make attracting talent difficult, even with the promise and hope of better days.

Come to think of it... maybe throwing a rookie HC into that isn't such an awesome idear.

3 years is possible. I'd bet on 2.  But 5 years is old school even if the stadium is crap.   Quinn won't last IMO on a 5 year rebuild nor should he. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am in good shape for my age.  I could be better though.  If they hire Chip, I think it will inspire to add a mile or two to my runs.  I want to be able to at vicariously be in shape enough to handle his up tempo offense.     At a minimum I'll start drinking more water.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/eagles/2013/11/22/chip-kelly-fitness-program-helps-eagles/3676381/

PHILADELPHIA — From the start, Eagles coach Chip Kelly stressed to his players the importance of proper rest and eating right. Then he made sure of it, giving them sleep monitors during minicamps, providing post-practice smoothies and devoting time during the day for massages and the use of foam rollers on sore muscles.

Kelly even hired a sports sciences coordinator, Shaun Huls, who once trained Navy SEALs.

All of that seems to be paying off. Through 11 weeks of the season, several veterans said they feel fresher and more energized than ever before. The Eagles are off this week before returning for the final five regular-season games in December.

"I feel a lot healthier," Eagles tight end Brent Celek said. "Some of the stuff they're doing, I really like it. It has helped me, personally. ... It makes sense, especially for me, being in the league for seven years. That's important to staying healthy."

It also has left the Eagles, for the most part, relatively healthy through 11 games. Their starters have missed just 15 games total due to injuries. The soft-tissue injuries, such as pulled muscles and strains, have been minimal compared to other teams.

...Coaches on other teams no doubt talk to players about eating properly and getting the right amount of rest. Celek said Kelly goes further.

"We have massage people here every single day," Celek said. "We use foam rollers. We do a lot of soft-tissue work, and stretching – anything to help maintain your body."

A lot of it, the players say, is common sense. Linebacker Mychal Kendricks, for example, said players are constantly drinking water wherever they go around the NovaCare Complex.

"[Water] is good for everything, man," he said. "It keeps you hydrated. You don't pull as many muscles. I just feel good. That's just a little thing that we do. … We drink a lot of later. A lot of water."

But it's not like sports science is directly related to wins. If it was, everyone would be doing it.

The sports science department Chip put together at UCLA is pretty insane. Harris likes having advantages etc. Maybe that's part of his appeal.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

I wouldn't say three years would be unexpected for this team.

Terrible practice facility. No new stadium... terrible current one. There's a lot of infrastructure going on that can interfere with X's and O's, even subconsciously. Could make attracting talent difficult, even with the promise and hope of better days.

Come to think of it... maybe throwing a rookie HC into that isn't such an awesome idear.

This is where I got to as well…..

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Ugh, not sure why you would choose Derek Carr over either Maye or Daniels.  Maybe the league isn't as high on this QB class beyond Williams as fans think?

I mean, did we even ask? Quinn was just hired, I assume Kubiak and the Saints have been talking for weeks

End of Fowler's tweet: "and Washington will consider talking with him."  Consider we might not even talk to Kelly.  Peters might have ties in knowing Kelly but he knows he needs to hit a homerun out of the gate with an OC.  There has to be another connection other than just Kubiak and the Kelly talk.  Anyone know who besides 9ers OC, Griese? 

My conspiracy theory is that they floated the name Kelly out there, and that they're going to let this play out for a few more days so any other "fan favorites" get scooped up, so that this fanbase won't riot when they ultimately announce they're retaining Bienemy as OC.

2 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

I mean, did we even ask? Quinn was just hired, I assume Kubiak and the Saints have been talking for weeks

So Peters couldn't have picked up the phone weeks ago and called the person he's been working with for the past year and change?

2 minutes ago, RWJ said:

End of Fowler's tweet: "and Washington will consider talking with him."  Consider we might not even talk to Kelly.  Peters might have ties in knowing Kelly but he knows he needs to hit a homerun out of the gate with an OC.  There has to be another connection other than just Kubiak and the Kelly talk.  Anyone know who besides 9ers OC, Griese? 

Darrell Bevell would be amazing,  hopefully we reach out to him, but with the Seahawks and Chargers looking for a OC it's going to be tough 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

17 hours ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

That's pretty much the staff that moved with Kyle to Atlanta and then on to SF.

Nothing wrong with giving Quinn credit for hiring Kyle and letting him fill out a staff. It was a smart decision that worked out well. But it's also not like he was finding this guys under rocks. They were Kyle's people.

And he didn't do well replacing them. 

And let's take that a step further. Kyle's people were originally Mike's people.

(By the way, I don't think Mike or Kyle Shanahan are necessarily coach whisperers who find and nurture nothing but geniuses. I think Mike has been so tightly tied into the NFL ecosystem since the freaking early 80s that "his guys" simply get more opportunities than anyone else and when they succeed, it extends whatever influence his name had or still has).

• Like 2

What is up with or McVay's assistants like LaFleur or his pass game coordinator? I believe he gives them playcalling duties in the preseason for development and training. Damn, McVay is so good. Can they trade for him? lol 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

So Peters couldn't have picked up the phone weeks ago and called the person he's been working with for the past year and change?

Why would he hire the OC before the Head Coach? If you were Kubiak would you automatically take the job without knowing who you would be working for?

1 minute ago, dswerdlw said:

What do people think about Darrell Bevell? He's been working under McDaniel since 2022 as passing coordinator and quarterback coach, so he's very familiar with that style of offense. 

He's actually #1 on my wishlist ahead of Kubiak.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

My conspiracy theory is that they floated the name Kelly out there, and that they're going to let this play out for a few more days so any other "fan favorites" get scooped up, so that this fanbase won't riot when they ultimately announce they're retaining Bienemy as OC.

I do find it interesting that they didn't have some kind of "parting ways" press release with Bienemy so he could "explore other NFL opportunities."

If I were him, I think I would have wanted to be fired a month ago so I could be a total free agent.

• Thumb up 1

Just now, ThatNFLChick said:

Why would he hire the OC before the Head Coach? If you were Kubiak would you automatically take the job without knowing who you would be working for?

I didn't say he'd hire him.  Just talk to him and let him know we're likely going to be hiring a defensive-minded HC (80% of the candidates were defensive), so it's a great opportunity to have ownership of the offense as OC.  Just wait for us to announce our HC and we will officially start the interview process.  Not that difficult.  

Just now, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

I do find it interesting that they didn't have some kind of "parting ways" press release with Bienemy so he could "explore other NFL opportunities."

If I were him, I think I would have wanted to be fired a month ago so I could be a total free agent.

Yep.  Another factor that seems a bit too coincidental.  I'm still calling it a conspiracy theory, but I really wouldn't be shocked at all if this was their plan.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Llevron said:

I think they did all that to get the GM. After that they had to see if a guy wanted to actually work here. And they don't. Not yet. That's what they have to build. 

I say that but I feel the same as you for the most part. It really looks like they thought they were the best job in town and that people would be knocking down their door. Hell I thought that myself until things went sour and I had to take a second, less rosy look. This wont be their last swing at this. Even best case scenario, we will be replacing Quinn eventually. And I would hope there are lessons learned here. 

But again finding out that the job is not attractive at all is something they could have figured out in November or December.

I'm admittedly way over my skis, but it just looks like the season ended and they decided to hold and an open house for coaches thinking "we got the hottest joint in town" and then only Bienemy showed up with a dozen glazed donuts from a gas station..

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I didn't say he'd hire him.  Just talk to him and let him know we're likely going to be hiring a defensive-minded HC (80% of the candidates were defensive), so it's a great opportunity to have ownership of the offense as OC.  Just wait for us to announce our HC and we will officially start the interview process.  Not that difficult.  

How do we know something like that didn't happen and Klint just simply had other ideas about what he wanted to do? Peters sounds like a cool dude but he's not some all-powerful svengali figure. 

2 hours ago, RWJ said:

Love it.  Harris was honest from the get go.  Leadership from Quinn and letting his DC and OC do their jobs.  A+ from me!  The more we hear, especially from Keim, the more I likey!  😁

You know who else was hired for his leadership skiils?

Marty and Gibbs and Shanahan and Rivera.

I will say, this does break our Dan-era pattern of going scheme/leadership/scheme/leadership/zorn/leadership/scheme/leadership.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, sinews said:

How do we know something like that didn't happen and Klint just simply had other ideas about what he wanted to do? Peters sounds like a cool dude but he's not some all-powerful svengali figure. 

We don't know anything.  All just speculation.  But if that happened, I find it interesting someone would choose to hitch his wagon to DEREK CARR over one of the top QBs in this class.  And the rest of their offense isn't some juggernaut either.