Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

1 minute ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

You are defending Morris being named an offensive coach because "he asked for it"

And now you seem to be defending it because he got hired as a head coach after many years back coaching on his side of the ball.

If you get near a point, let the rest of us know. 

The guy wanted to increase his knowledge so he could get better and possibly have a chance to advance to a HC job again. It worked. And again. There is no chance anyone wins an argument claiming Dan Quinn doesnt know how to build a staff. 

6 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Redskins’s 2013 staff? I’m not going to find the graphic but everybody knows who’s on it.

That's pretty much the staff that moved with Kyle to Atlanta and then on to SF.

Nothing wrong with giving Quinn credit for hiring Kyle and letting him fill out a staff. It was a smart decision that worked out well. But it's also not like he was finding this guys under rocks. They were Kyle's people.

And he didn't do well replacing them. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

That's nice. Irrelevant to what you posted and I responded to. 

You're the one who brought up Sanchez leading a team to the playoffs as proof of something. If you are now admitting that that was a dumb and pointless argument, then we are in agreement. 

How is it dumb pointing out a bad quarterback had a career year with Chip Kelly as his coach? That is the point of coaching. Getting the most out of your players. 

2 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

That's pretty much the staff that moved with Kyle to Atlanta and then on to SF.

Nothing wrong with giving Quinn credit for hiring Kyle and letting him fill out a staff. It was a smart decision that worked out well. But it's also not like he was finding this guys under rocks. They were Kyle's people.

And he didn't do well replacing them. 

And the staff that all left when Kyle left.

3 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

The crap ppl are taking themselves into… because Adam Peters.

E5448A5C-6713-44C2-BF71-E5D29006D9C2.gif

I’ve been saying for weeks now that whatever hires we make there will be a section of the fanbase that convinces themselves that every one of them is great.

I kind of admire it. I don’t like being down on the moves we’re making.

So far I’ve loved Peters and Whitt. Didn’t like Quinn. Would hate Kelly. 

Edited by KDawg
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah I actually wouldn't hate Kelly as OC. The guy does know offense and you probably don't have to worry about some team poaching him after a year.

Does Bienemy shift to long snapper?

I'd rather have Kelly over Bienemy, and I haven't decided if I could get excited about kelly, but at least he isn't Bienemy.

Edited by KillBill26
  • Like 1

I like the Dan Quinn hire and I believe he might have been Washington's #1 choice. He got the Monday interview, while we had johnson wait. Remember when agents used to put it out in the ether that washington was interested, trying to drive up the price tag for players? This johnson and macdonald ordiel sure feels of that. Maybe their agent was the one putting that out there so hard. It was pretty widely reported that peters and Harris were very hush, hush about who they really liked and disliked.

The only thing we've heard that came out of Washington's front office before we hired quinn is that they really wanted a leader. He definitely fits that bill more than the other 2.

Edited by mac8887
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, NickyJ said:

I would be incredibly disappointed with Chip Kelly as a coordinator.

I was about to type the same thing.  I would be extremely disappointed.

The NFL had figured out ol Chip last time he was in the league.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

The guy wanted to increase his knowledge so he could get better and possibly have a chance to advance to a HC job again. It worked. And again. There is no chance anyone wins an argument claiming Dan Quinn doesnt know how to build a staff. 

I mean, how could anyone question Quinn's brilliance at putting together a staff when the measure of it is how much it helped the people he hired?

Again, he should give me the OC job, because I could use the money and therefore it would raise Quinn to Einstein level. 

• Haha 2
  • Thumb down 1

Just now, OtisDriftwood25 said:

To be honest that is not a horrible game against the LOB for Mark Sánchez. Same team that beat Peyton Manning 43-8.

That’s still a horrible game.

It was the lowest yards against for Seattle on the season and the lowest pass yards against. It was literally the worst game against Seattle that year.

3 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

This is inaccurate. Morris was demoted from assistant head coach defensive backs coach to WR and passing game coordinator for his buddy Kyle. 

This is inaccurate. Morris ASKED to be moved to the offensive side of the ball. 

Just now, redskinss said:

I go and play one game of pickup basketball and when I get back there's a raging debate about mark Sanchez in the coaching thread.

I'm not even sure I want to get the 6 degrees of separation on this one.

The wood Chipper feeds all manner of QBs into the no-huddle system, and one of them churned out a 93 yard game. Be impressed.

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

How is it dumb pointing out a bad quarterback had a career year with Chip Kelly as his coach? That is the point of coaching. Getting the most out of your players. 

His "career year" still sucked and was only slightly better than he had done earlier. But what I said was a dumb point is claiming that Sanchez taking a team to the playoffs was some great achievement when Sanchez had done better than that twice before. 

Now is where you post some irrelevant stat form Sanchez that has nothing to do with that non-point. Go ahead. 

That guy earlier in the thread who said he's finished with the season because the Commies hired Dan Quinn... That would be me if Chip Kelly got hired. I'd probably get over in couple of weeks, but I would totally be done with the team for at least that long, maybe even to free agency.

6 minutes ago, redskinss said:

I go and play one game of pickup basketball and when I get back there's a raging debate about mark Sanchez in the coaching thread.

I'm not even sure I want to get the 6 degrees of separation on this one.

And you didnt invite me....

5 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

This is inaccurate. Morris ASKED to be moved to the offensive side of the ball. 

In order not to be fired. Why would he ask for a demotion and lose his assistant HC title? Come on man. They may have said that to save face but it’s as real as the tooth fairy. 

7 minutes ago, KDawg said:

That’s still a horrible game.

It was the lowest yards against for Seattle on the season and the lowest pass yards against. It was literally the worst game against Seattle that year.

Kaepernick week 13 was worse. He had a few more yards but 33 passer rating. That is a all time defense.

2 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

That guy earlier in the thread who said he's finished with the season because the Commies hired Dan Quinn... That would be me if Chip Kelly got hired. I'd probably get over in couple of weeks, but I would totally be done with the team for at least that long, maybe even to free agency.

The team will score tons of points under Kelly. What intrigues me is if Quinn really wants to take that on though. Kelly makes DC's look like **** because of his upscale game. Interesting that Quinn thinks he can work with that. 

2 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

In order not to be fired. Why would he ask for a demotion and lose his assistant HC title? Come on man. They may have said that to save face but it’s as real as the tooth fairy. 

You do know that he served in that role for years than went back to their DC right?