Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

Lynell on 106.7 is going on about how we're used to winning the off-season and isn't it time to try something different. 

I have a question, umm when is the last time our team actually "won the off-season championship"? I'm pretty sure it's over 10 years ago lol.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 2

7 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Here I was very middle of the road about this hire, and then Adam Schein chimes in and now I love it.

Cowherd and JMac love it so you can go back to the middle!  LOL

They went so far as to talk about how Washington might be the Texans this season given the state of the NFCE (coaches on hotseat and disarray).

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Lynell on 106.7 is going on about how we're used to winning the off-season and isn't it time to try something different. 

I have a question, umm when is the last time our team actually "won the off-season championship"? I'm pretty sure it's over 10 years ago lol.

What? Winning the William Jackson III sweepstakes didn’t impress you? 🤣

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

My issue isn’t necessarily hiring Quinn, it was hiring him over the other available options (eg Vrabel, BB). 

We seem to have put all our eggs in the Adam Peters basket.  Hope he’s good…

Leadership was the most important option when finding a HC.  What Quinn did the last 2 years our #1 option for HC who has no experience as a HC did last and this year too.  There is too much player accolades and track record information out there about Quinn for us to say he stinks as our HC hire.  He lost the SB some years ago and as someone posted on here earlier there are plenty of HCs that failed their first time that went on the 2nd time to win multiple SBs.  Walrus, BB and others.  Let's see how the coaching staff comes together and how Peters drafts for us.  We need to give it a chance. 

• Thumb up 1

13 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

Adam Schein. What a ****ing clown. 

2 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

What? Winning the William Jackson III sweepstakes didn’t impress you? 🤣

Another example of Rivera trying to stuff a square peg into a round hole. Never once used the guy the way he should have been used. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Stoox said:

Quinn resurrected the worst defence in the league in 2020, to make it one of the best. The fact that he hired Shanahan, Lafleur, Morris, McDaniel, Sarkisian, Koetter and others in the first place means he CAN recognize coaching talent. The fact that he took Ryan and his team to the SB means he has proven he CAN get there (unlike some others).

John Schneider hired McDonald because they are trying to get away from Pete Carroll's influence. Hiring Quinn (who is close with Carroll) would have effectively meant more of the same influences, since both would be in the same building (how many meetings would Pete be in?). Schneider wanted a complete break because he wants HIS influence to prevail, given his newly-acquired control in the org. It's a lot easier to exercise influence with a young first-time coach who owes you his job. Instead of someone who hired you.

The bottom line: coaches who have coached with Quinn and players who have played for Quinn all rave about his work and leadership. Respect from peers is a huge indicator of someone's quality. 

Quinn didn’t hire Kyle Shanahan. Kyle was hired by the Falcons a few weeks before they hired Quinn.

Quinn also didn’t promote LaFleur when Kyle left and he let LaFleur leave for the Rams where they had I think the top ranked offense in the league under LaFleur. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, gooseneck said:

not sure if this has been posted: 

#Commanders are expected to hire highly regarded #Cowboys defensive passing game coordinator Joe Whitt Jr. as their new defensive coordinator, and Dallas will be looking to replace him as well as Dan Quinn, per league sources @KPRC2

This seems like a very good get.  I wonder if Al Harris will come over as well.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

not that it matters but Lynell has been high on Quinn as a hire before this. 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Hmmmm. Does this mean Quinn doesnt have total control over his own staff? That would be odd. 

I gather you need to offer a contract and there is a process to it.  If Dallas wants to compete then it will be apples to apples for Whitt to make a call. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, BayouBrave86 said:

Quinn didn’t hire Kyle Shanahan. Kyle was hired by the Falcons a few weeks before they hired Quinn.

Quinn also didn’t promote LaFleur when Kyle left and he let LaFleur leave for the Rams where they had I think the top ranked offense in the league under LaFleur. 

Kyle’s hire date was before Quinn’s because Quinn was coaching in the Super Bowl.

• Like 2