Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

Harris and Peters really fudged the pooch on this one eh?  the number 1 vacancy option and we are left to sort through the trash no one else wanted?  You're telling me they didn't know the roundpark figure of what Ben Johnson wanted before Det got kicked out of playoffs???   I'd be OK with Vrabel though 

21 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I guess I will end up the only one satisfied if Quinn is the hire? We have first rounders all over this defense. I would be happy to see what they can actually look like with a good coach for once. The offensive side would concern me. But our defense could be really fun to watch for once. 

I would be more than satisfied as long as we pair him with a young OC mastermind that can build and run an innovative offense. I like that Quinn has been in Dallas the last few years so he's going to have an edge on division opponents, where we went 0 and 6 last year. Winning the division is the first step towards reestablishing ourselves so he would give us an edge there that the other coaches wouldn't have. He nearly won a Super Bowl 5 years ago if not for Tom Brady literally becoming Superman. So the guy does have IT.

He's relatively still young so he would stay here forever if perennially successful. He could build us a tough smash mouth team. But we must find the next Sean McVay OC genius boy to pair him with. I'm sure they are out there, you just have to find the next diamond in the rough. It's what these guys are paid to do.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Curtisp5286 said:

It’s all just optics that is getting everyone upset at this point.  If they had hired Macdonald this morning everyone would be pretty happy.  But do any of us really have a clue whether Macdonald will be a better HC than Quinn, or Weaver, or Glenn?  It’s just the optics.

Peters, Harris, Magic and the rest of the hiring committee believe he would be because they offered him the job and not the others. Maybe they need a closer like a young Dan Snyder to negotiate for them. 

1 minute ago, Tyler Spiers said:

I would be more than satisfied as long as we pair him with a young OC mastermind that can build and run an innovative offense. I like that Quinn has been in Dallas the last few years so he's going to have an edge on division opponents, where we went 0 and 6 last year. Winning the division is the first step towards reestablishing ourselves so he would give us an edge there that the other coaches wouldn't have. He nearly won a Super Bowl 5 years ago if not for Tom Brady literally becoming Superman. So the guy does have IT.

He's relatively still young so he would stay here forever if perennially successful. He could build us a tough smash mouth team. But we must find the next Sean McVay OC genius boy to pair him with. I'm sure they are out there, you just have to find the next diamond in the rough. It's what these guys are paid to do.

Where is that mastermind? And how long do you think a McVay type would last as OC given the trend to younger coaches? 

1 minute ago, Curtisp5286 said:

It’s all just optics that is getting everyone upset at this point.  If they had hired Macdonald this morning everyone would be pretty happy.  But do any of us really have a clue whether Macdonald will be a better HC than Quinn, or Weaver, or Glenn?  It’s just the optics.

No but it gives us hope. We know what we have in Quinn and it's average < blow average. MacDonald would of gave hope for the future with his potential. One of the young up and coming coordinators. Let's face it Peters /front office dropped the ball. And now we have to look in the scrap pile for a HC 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, RWJ said:

Name Quinn HC.  Let's put our coaching staff together and do this.  It's time!  

I think so too.  Maybe they're working on a contract now.

Through this whole process, I think we've learned media, bloggers and tweeters have favorites that get us all worked up about a candidate and it's not really what's going on behind closed doors.  I think the secrecy with this team of interviewers is also driving everyone crazy!  LOL

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, lavar1156 said:

Whatever happened to thorough and rapid? I wonder if there has been disagreement among the search committee.

Could be a number of things. Maybe Washington said they wouldn't offer more than a 5-year deal for 1st-time HCs. Maybe to get the guy, Seattle offered the 6th year, or X % more in money. If we've learned anything from the past few weeks, the team has made no statements. Nobody seems to have direct leaked information from GMAP. We just know who all they spoke with, and how many times. 

I'm not going to pretend to know. 6 year deal with a team that will be up for sale about halfway through that deal is interesting. The Ben Johnson situation was weird.

If you want to be thorough AND rapid....and something pops up. We'd want to be thorough more than rapid if forced to choose. No?

1 hour ago, spjunkies said:

So far this off-season we're off to.... a start.

Got top notch consultants - Nice nice

Hired Peters - Awesome 

Stood up by the top coaching candidate - Not so sweet

Top young defensive coordinator - Off to Seattle 

Last team to select a coach - pure disaster 

Former GM's still hanging around the building - What the **** are we doing here????

I know something that might make you feel better:

The Secret History Of Hollywood: Bullets & Blood: A Hollywood Epic - Part 1 on Apple Podcasts

Half about the rise of Warner Brothers, and half about the rise, from birth, of James Cagney.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, FlyBigBeard said:

No but it gives us hope. We know what we have in Quinn and it's average < blow average. MacDonald would of gave hope for the future with his potential. One of the young up and coming coordinators. Let's face it Peters /front office dropped the ball. And now we have to look in the scrap pile for a HC 

It’s only a dropped ball if the hire turns out to be bad.  I don’t actually think we do know that a Quinn hire would turn out to be average or below.

2 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Odds that they are going to wait until the weekend or next week to announce the Quinn hire so it gets buried leading into SB media week?

Heard a couple people talk about this on radio and they said the NFL does not like for hires to happen the week of the Superbowl.  They want it to be all about that game.

3 minutes ago, Tyler Spiers said:

But we must find the next Sean McVay OC genius boy to pair him with

It would be someone from the Shanny tree most likely.  Bevell or Kubiak? Would love Bevell. Bring some of that Miami passing game to our rookie QB.

3 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

I think so too.  Maybe they're working on a contract now.

Through this whole process, I think we've learned media, bloggers and tweeters have favorites that get us all worked up about a candidate and it's not really what's going on behind closed doors.  I think the secrecy with this team of interviewers is also driving everyone crazy!  LOL

Agreed, HigSkin.  :)  

• Like 3

Just now, Curtisp5286 said:

It’s only a dropped ball if the hire turns out to be bad.  I don’t actually think we do know that a Quinn hire would turn out to be average or below.

It will be average to bad, if he doesn't have a quality OC to help the QB we draft.  Quinn is a mediocre at best HC, so he's going to have to have a quality OC to help out on the offensive side of the ball.

1 minute ago, Curtisp5286 said:

His track record says different as a head coach. Now a defensive coordinator is different but we're not hiring him for that. 

Just now, FlyBigBeard said:

His track record says different as a head coach. Now a defensive coordinator is different but we're not hiring him for that. 

He’s Ron Rivera. Might as well keep EB too. Why waste the money on a new OC. 

5 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Peters, Harris, Magic and the rest of the hiring committee believe he would be because they offered him the job and not the others. Maybe they need a closer like a young Dan Snyder to negotiate for them. 

Where is that mastermind? And how long do you think a McVay type would last as OC given the trend to younger coaches? 

Where the mastermind is above my pay grade but one has to be out there. They are always out there. Just do your homework, ace the exam, and find the best OC for the QB you're planning to pick.

And our new OC being offered coaching jobs would be amazing because most likely, we have gone deep into the playoffs that year. If the new OC gets hired after building up a fantastic offense, find his carbon copy or promote one of his disciples. It's a good problem to have, a very good problem.

1 minute ago, Tyler Spiers said:

Where the mastermind is above my pay grade but one has to be out there. They are always out there. Just do your homework, ace the exam, and find the best OC for the QB you're planning to pick.

And our new OC being offered coaching jobs would be amazing because most likely, we have gone deep into the playoffs that year. If the new OC gets hired after building up a fantastic offense, find his carbon copy or promote one of his disciples. It's a good problem to have, a very good problem.

How did that work out for Quinn after Kyle left?