Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

Just now, spjunkies said:

Beta, alpha whatever. Bottom line is he was extremely unprofessional with how he handled this and I hope it haunts him.

Yeah.. in all seriousness he just didn’t wake up today and think.. nah I’m staying Pat here w/the Lions… he knew even before he interviewed w/any of the teams looking for a HC (at least he had to have had a inclination to such) so I agree a bad look for him and very unprofessional to wait till the day of the 2nd interview… should have had the decency to let them have known yesterday… or at worse last night 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Command The 414 said:

Yeah.. in all seriousness he just didn’t wake up today and think.. nah I’m staying Pat here w/the Lions… he knew even before he interviewed w/any of the teams looking for a HC (at least he had to have had a inclination to such) so I agree a bad look for him and very unprofessional to wait till the day of the 2nd interview… should have had the decency to let them have known yesterday… or at worse last night 

He had to have a terrible interview with Seattle yesterday and decided “F this Ill stay here one more year.”

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Command The 414 said:

Or even in person today. Shake their hands, express thanks for the opportunity and politely decline the interview.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, CommandB11 said:

Or even in person today. Shake their hands, express thanks for the opportunity and politely decline the interview.

100% agreed… the stand up thing to do 

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

He had to have a terrible interview with Seattle yesterday and decided “F this Ill stay here one more year.”

lol 😝 yeah maybe he did… I forgot he had a interview with them… 

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

Being aggressive right now by Peters, Harris and our Leadership team is a must IF they really want MacDonald and that's the case with him or any candidate.  This is really starting to look silly on us.  LOL and Wow!

I don’t really understand why people keep saying that we dropped the ball with this hiring process? Because we waited for Johnson? Who did we miss out on besides Raheem Morris?

MacDonald still available

Quinn still available

Glenn still available

Weaver still available

Slowick was available until a couple of hours ago

Who is to say that MacDonald, Quinn or Glenn weren’t our top choice? And if Ben Johnson was the top choice, what could we do about him flaking out at the last minute?

We are in more competent hands now. We need to start shedding whatever lasting effects Danny Boy left on us. We’re in good hands!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Command The 414 said:

That's my main gripe with him. I have extreme anxiety so I know exactly how it feels to be uncomfortable in certain situations, but I can't imagine having multiple people make plans to visit with me about a potentially wonderful situation and say "just kidding guys, changed my mind" 😝

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, spjunkies said:

That's my main gripe with him. I have extreme anxiety so I know exactly how it feels to be uncomfortable in certain situations, but I can't imagine having multiple people make plans to visit with me about a potentially wonderful situation and say "just kidding guys, changed my mind" 😝

Definitely unprofessional. Thats why Im thinking the Seattle interview threw him. Why zoom with us and schedule an in person after?

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, wunderhill said:

Even though I can't really stand him I always thought Romo should have gotten into coaching, seemed to have an above avg football IQ.

Listening to Romo speak in steam-of-consciousness-gibberish every week brought you to this conclusion? 

He was amazing in his first couple years in the booth. Guy hasn’t even turned on the tape since he signed his $100M deal or whatever. There was a huge expose about it a year or two ago, he just doesn’t study tape anymore lol. Just says whatever comes to mind and steps all over the flow of the broadcast. Embarrasses me to listen to every week and I was a HUGE fan his first year or two in the booth. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

We can only hope that she can and will convince MacDonald to become our new HC.  If not, we move onto Quinn, Weaver, or whoever.

• Thanks 1

Just now, spjunkies said:

Exactly, my 20yr old Daughter struggles w/anxiety in certain situations so it’s real… always over thinks things but the 1 thing my Wife and I always told her and tell her, don’t just say yes to something unless you follow through with it… cause once you say yes or agree to something then back out that is where the uncomfortable starts… so if you know you might not do something or enjoy doing something or going somewhere then just say no… 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Florio said he was so nervous during the interview that he soiled himself halfway through it and had to ask the SeaHawks brass if they had a spare Depends diaper that they could lend him.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Josh Harris: "What do you think Magic?"

Magic Johnson: "I'd get Belicheck on the phone and talk to him." 

Harris: "Bob, are any of the candidates left better than Belicheck?"

Myers: "That's hard to answer....no, no one can match what he's done in this league."

Harris: " How is Andy Reid still winning, if we have the QB can BB still win like Reid is doing in KC?"

Myers: " I would think he could."

Harris: "Can we find a QB to win with if we hire BB?"

Myers: "That would be my job and I believe I could find a QB."

Harris: " Call Belicheck, I wanna talk to him."

Why would Bob Myers be the one who finds a QB?

Just now, Command The 414 said:

Exactly, my 20yr old Daughter struggles w/anxiety in certain situations so it’s real… always over thinks things but the 1 thing my Wife and I always told her and tell her, don’t just say yes to something unless you follow through with it… cause once you say yes or agree to something then back out that is where the uncomfortable starts… so if you know you might not do something or enjoy doing something or going somewhere then just say no… 

Good lesson for all people. There are legitimate reasons to back out. Life does happen. But there is a way to inform others of backing out that is better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

Mike's wife had a really positive experience as a cheerleader here luckily. She said Washington sent her on a military tour and it was the best time of her life and Washington let her sing at the games a few times. She was raised a Washington fan and her dad is still a MASSIVE fan. 

• Like 8
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, kingdaddy said:

Cause he's paid by Josh Harris to build this roster?

Are you trolling? We hired a GM. A different guy. Named Adam Peters. Myers is an advisor to Harris, not a football talent evaluator. The door is open for Myers to stick around after this coaching search, but it’s not guaranteed. He’s a consultant. Doesn’t even know how to watch football tape.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1