Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

Remember when Jim Fassell was our head coach and it was done? I do. 

When was he our actual head coach again?

**** happens, folks. Use words how they are supposed to be used and it avoids the semantics bull****.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

**** happens, folks. Use words how they are supposed to be used and it avoids the semantics bull****.

Oh man. I think that's the only time in NFL history a near fan revolt caused a team to not hire a coach.

Of course we ended up with Jimmy Zorn instead....

• Haha 1

I just want to make sure I have this right. Johnson had an offensive line loaded with 1st round picks, a 1st round running back, a #1 pick at QB, a stud at TE and nobody is questioning if he's a good head coach or if its just the talent around him? Everyone has just determined that he's great and really wants him here right? He's only been a coordinator for 2 years and showed significant progress from his 1st year to his 2nd?

Just making sure I have this correct for when I see "Daniels had great WRs and talent around him" said by the same people all in on Johnson who has an absurd amount of talent on his offense.

Anyway, its likely Johnson and I'm good with it. He's not my first choice but was high on my list. I hope he puts a good staff together. I don't know what kind of connections he has but building a good roster of coaches is going to be super important (especially the d coordinator)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Those were the Snyder days.  These are the Peter/Harris days!  :)  

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I think its certainly conceivable that it may be a done deal but they arent allowed to announce it yet. Johnson has had an interview, albeit a virtual one, but theres nothing that says that they couldn't hire him off of that. It may be looked at as a bit of a "quickie" hire but I'm sure that Harris and his staff did there homework and identified who they wanted and any interview they had was more of a formality. I may be wrong but thats certainly how it may have played out. 

2 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

I just want to make sure I have this right. Johnson had an offensive line loaded with 1st round picks, a 1st round running back, a #1 pick at QB, a stud at TE and nobody is questioning if he's a good head coach or if its just the talent around him? Everyone has just determined that he's great and really wants him here right? He's only been a coordinator for 2 years and showed significant progress from his 1st year to his 2nd?

Just making sure I have this correct for when I see "Daniels had great WRs and talent around him" said by the same people all in on Johnson who has an absurd amount of talent on his offense.

Anyway, its likely Johnson and I'm good with it. He's not my first choice but was high on my list. I hope he puts a good staff together. I don't know what kind of connections he has but building a good roster of coaches is going to be super important (especially the d coordinator)

Right now, TNC, Johnson might be high on Daniels.  We don't truly know.  We are all guesstimating that with Maye's strengths, the perfect match would be Maye, including me.  Let's see how it works out.  BTW, there are several Lion OL that are up for free agency.  Maybe we bring a couple over.  It's so important to Ben Johnson's scheme and along with Fraley teaching it the other FA OL, if we sign them in FA can teach it too.  Just a thought.  

• Like 1

So i was bored last night and was on YouTube and found Inside the lion's den.  basically, a documentary about the lions off season.  If your bored and have the time give it a watch.  The synergy between Owner/GM/Coach is incredible and has my mouth watering that that can be built here.  Hamp is involved in everything but defers to Holmes and Campbell with football maters.  in the draft room but let Holmes do his thing.  Holmes conferring with Cambell and getting his opinion.  Its what ive dreamt of for years here.  Number one thing that should be considered is relationhip with Peters.  If Peters thinks he can't be on the same page as Johnson then move on to the next.  If its a 1A Johnson and 1B MacDonald and a better relationship was formed with MacDonald go with him.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

You can't have a great orchestra without a great conductor.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

You have it right. Draft position tells the story. We had six first rounders and two second rounders on defense and we cashed those resources in for a top 32 defense. Top 32!

And it’s also unfair that Ben Johnson had TWO first round QBs. 

I can't wait for the Screaming Idiot to become the Even More Insufferable Screaming Idiot every time Ben Johnsons makes any kind of mistake

25 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

The Packers have fired DC Joe Barry. Should we........of course not!!!

The Screaming Idiot was one of his biggest supporters. He's been quiet about him for the last two years.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

8 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

In fairness Barry's defense did a great job against Dallas in the first round

Dak Prescott in the playoffs = Kirk Cousins in Prime Time.

4 minutes ago, FrFan said:

Nope, but I hope it will be Anthony Weaver.

This can only happen if Macdonald doesn't get a HC job. Which I would be very surprised by.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Love it!

The great thing about a potential Johnson/Fraley matchup as head coach/OC duo is that it would be a perfect yin yang pairing.

Johnson would be the  intellectual, compassionate and empathetic  leader, ie the good cop.

While Fraley plays the crucial role of the physical in your face grit, grime, and spit type of enforcer, ie the bad cop.

Kind of like-- dare I say it-- Gibbs and Bugel.

I feel good football times are coming boys and girls, good times are coming.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Love it!

The great thing about a potential Johnson/Fraley matchup as head coach/OC duo is that it would be a perfect yin yang pairing.

Johnson would be the  intellectual, compassionate and empathetic  leader, ie the good cop.

While Fraley plays the crucial role of the physical in your face grit, grime, and spit type of enforcer, ie the bad cop.

Kind of like-- dare I say it-- Gibbs and Bugel.

I feel good football times are coming boys and girls, good times are coming.

Yeah I really dig their chemistry. I just hope Campbell is willing to let Fraley go. He might promote Fraley to OC himself to replace Johnson. But I also get the sense that Campbell is the kind of guy that wouldn't be an obstacle to letting his coaches pursue their dreams and ambitions.

OL coach is probably the 2nd most important position coach after QB coach.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I can't wait for the Screaming Idiot to become the Even More Insufferable Screaming Idiot every time Ben Johnsons makes any kind of mistake

Chris "The Rooster" Russell is a joke of a beat reporter.  LOL Who is the screaming idiot, Riggo44?  

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah I really dig their chemistry. I just hope Campbell is willing to let Fraley go. He might promote Fraley to OC himself to replace Johnson. But I also get the sense that Campbell is the kind of guy that wouldn't be an obstacle to letting his coaches pursue their dreams and ambitions.

OL coach is probably the 2nd most important position coach after QB coach.

I don't think he can really stop Johnson as it would be a promotion for Fraley and I don't see Campbell doing that to his OC, Johnson.  

39 minutes ago, boston skins fan said:

So i was bored last night and was on YouTube and found Inside the lion's den.  basically, a documentary about the lions off season.  If your bored and have the time give it a watch.  The synergy between Owner/GM/Coach is incredible and has my mouth watering that that can be built here.  Hamp is involved in everything but defers to Holmes and Campbell with football maters.  in the draft room but let Holmes do his thing.  Holmes conferring with Cambell and getting his opinion.  Its what ive dreamt of for years here.  Number one thing that should be considered is relationhip with Peters.  If Peters thinks he can't be on the same page as Johnson then move on to the next.  If its a 1A Johnson and 1B MacDonald and a better relationship was formed with MacDonald go with him.  

First episode...

• Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1