Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

10 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Our defensive coaching was so bad this year, I wonder what we really have. Of I recall correctly Queen and Hamilton struggled mightily their first year or so. I could be wrong.

the play on the defensive side of the ball just fell off so precipitously, I wonder what it would look like with an innovative defensive mind.

I could see Davis blowing up and having a Queen style season if we hire Macdonald(or really any decent defensive coach). He has the same physical traits.

Just now, Warhead36 said:

I could see Davis blowing up and having a Queen style season if we hire Macdonald(or really any decent defensive coach). He has the same physical traits.

I saw Ben Standing talk about how much better Quan Martin was playing towards the end of the season. I had largely stopped paying attention by that time, but I wonder what he can do moving forward. 

It might have dropped a little but I don't wanna put too much stock in just one game. Remember Sean McVay's last game here? Our offense put up a goose egg at home with the playoffs on the line against a Giant team with nothing to play for.

You have to look at total body of work as well as if he has traits that can make a good HC(management/delegation skills, leadership, etc.).

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

In other news lol

Tepper is the new (insert name of our previous owner). He's going to have a hard time getting people to want to go there. Maybe if you throw enough money but if that is the only reason someone does go there, I think their heart really isn't into it.

Edited by RVAskins
  • Like 2

Just now, Warhead36 said:

It might have dropped a little but I don't wanna put too much stock in just one game. Remember Sean McVay's last game here? Our offense put up a goose egg at home with the playoffs on the line against a Giant team with nothing to play for.

You have to look at total body of work as well as if he has traits that can make a good HC(management/delegation skills, leadership, etc.).

yeah i know

Just now, RWJ said:

Thoughts.  If MacDonald is hired as HC, then Greg Roman as OC?  

Maybe if we draft Daniels but just...ewww. Talk about not buliding anything sustainable.

I wanna build and grow something over time. I want an infrastructure in place where teams wanna hire our assistants to be HCs. I wanna hire young up and comers with innovation and vision and hunger and fire.

1 minute ago, HigSkin said:

I don't put a lot in to Slowik in this game.  It was more a product of the Ravens defense confusing the heck out a young QB.  Stroud will learn.

Agreed. When your OL commits like 8 False Starts its kinda hard to scheme anything. 

Sometimes its not the coaching, you just run into a buzzsaw. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

I don't put a lot in to Slowik in this game.  It was more a product of the Ravens defense confusing the heck out a young QB.  Stroud will learn.

To think that MacDonald stuck it to Ben Johnson's O too.  Wow!  Tough choice when it comes to hiring the new HC.  

Just now, RWJ said:

To think that MacDonald stuck it to Ben Johnson's O too.  Wow!  Tough choice when it comes to hiring the new HC.  

It is but my preference would still be an OC to develop our incoming young QB.

• Like 2

Just now, HigSkin said:

It is but my preference would still be an OC to develop our incoming young QB.

So who becomes the new DC. Guesstimate.  I'm still waiting for SIP to answer me. LOL 😆

1 minute ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

When can the new coach (whoever that may be) be allowed to meet early with the players and introduce his program? New Owner & Coach...what does the league allow these guys?

I think it’s when the new off season begins? I’m sure some will be in the building to welcome them similar to what they did with EB last season 

Just now, HigSkin said:

Anybody notice in the pregame that Peters got no credit for all the good players SF drafted or brought in?  They credited John Lynch.  

I didn't watch/listen to it.  That's ok.  They will.  Give it time. :) 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

So who becomes the new DC. Guesstimate.  I'm still waiting for SIP to answer me. LOL 😆

I want Anthony Weaver!!!  LOL

That's not likely who they go after.  They may go someone whose been a HC to pair with a rookie HC.  That's what McVay did.

Just now, Spaceman Spiff said:

Yes. Dead on serious. 

Also, I saw someone resembling Tupac when I was at the store earlier but I can’t be sure it was him. 

Take it easy, Spiff.  I am going to send Marty over to take a look and make sure everything is ok.  OK? :)  

image.png.b645e57f248c2d375eb35072651eb528.png

2 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

I want Anthony Weaver!!!  LOL

That's not likely who they go after.  They may go someone whose been a HC to pair with a rookie HC.  That's what McVay did.

I'd take Weaver in a heartbeat but he probably takes over the D when MacDonald leaves.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

I'd much rather have Mike Macdonald than Raheem Morris....by a mile.

I would rather have a Bugatti than a rusted Ford Pinto! What a brave take! 

Would you also prefer a billion dollars to a $5 dollar bill?

4 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Anybody notice in the pregame that Peters got no credit for all the good players SF drafted or brought in?  They credited John Lynch.  

****, we got EB’d

• Haha 2