Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

11 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Agreed that Ron and Raheem have different styles for sure.

I’m not saying you’re wrong or that the team isn’t seriously considering Morris — could very well be the case.

But being the cynic that I am, I think Raheem is our in-person Rooney Rule interview and stalking horse to negotiate against Johnson — same way Johnson will use Tepper to negotiate against us.

A bunch of teams are interviewing Raheem.   Why would we need though THREE candidates for the Rooney Rule?  Almost half their interviews.  When Keim highlights three candidates for this job, and Raheem is one of them I think there a decent shot he has a shot.

And again don't get me wrong among the ones we are interviewing, he's #4 on my list.  4 out of 7.   But if they hire him, I am not going to be upset. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

A bunch of teams are interviewing Raheem.   Why would we need though THREE candidates for the Rooney Rule?  Almost half their interviews.  When Keim highlights three candidates for this job, and Raheem is one of them I think there a decent shot he has a shot.

And again don't get me wrong among the ones we are interviewing, he's #4 on my list.  4 out of 7.   But if they hire him, I am not going to be upset. 

Rooney Rule requires an in-person interview of which we’ve had zero thus far. Weaver and Glenn are still in the playoffs so only Morris is available to come in on Monday (assuming Detroit and Baltimore both win).

3 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Rooney Rule requires an in-person interview of which we’ve had zero thus far. Weaver and Glenn are still in the playoffs so only Morris is available to come in on Monday (assuming Detroit and Baltimore both win).

Some will want to hear this; other no and I want them to win but I think Detroit scores points but gets upset by Tampa.  Again, I put Kocurek from the 9ers down as a possible DC.   I don't see Raheem coming in for a lateral position so if Raheem is not HC who is the DC?  Big question IF Johnson is hired who is DC? 

6 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Some will want to hear this; other no and I want them to win but I think Detroit scores points but gets upset by Tampa.  Again, I put Kocurek from the 9ers down as a possible DC.   I don't see Raheem coming in for a lateral position so if Raheem is not HC who is the DC?  Big question IF Johnson is hired who is DC? 

Im rooting for the Lions but for selfish reasons I wouldnt mind if they lost so we can really go after Johnson and lock him down.

• Like 3

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Im rooting for the Lions but for selfish reasons I wouldnt mind if they lost so we can really go after Johnson and lock him down.

It's a win either way! 

15 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

The interviews were set pre-playoffs.  If they were obsessed with a quick Rooney interview, just interview Bieiniemy in house.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

He can be as confident as he wants.

He also knows full well that a couple well placed injuries to key guys and he'd be S.O.L. Even the best laid plans can be ruined 4 snaps into a season.

You can't guarantee success in the NFL. You can guarantee money tho.

Practically everybody chases bag.

Yeah, never heard of a quality HC whose whole career was encapsulated and derailed by player injuries. If he fails, it won’t be because players got hurt.

13 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The interviews were set pre-playoffs.  If they were obsessed with a quick Rooney interview, just interview Bieiniemy in house.

Internal candidates do not satisfy Rooney Rule and AFAIK none of the in-person interviews have been set.

I think itll be between us and Carolina for Johnson. Carolina will offer more money in all likelohood, I could see Tepper doing something crazy while Harris will probably have a

limit(which is perfectly reasonable). If Johnson loves Bryce Young as well then its a good fit. But we can offer more stabile and easy to work with owner, top notch GM, and an essential clean slate to build and develop. 

22 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Internal candidates do not satisfy Rooney Rule and AFAIK none of the in-person interviews have been set.

That's true, there needs to be one external.  But still somehow I doubt that they picked three minority candidate interviews and it was all for show.  Will see.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

38 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Can't help myself. I'll pull for the lions and just hope it doesn't overly complicate any moves we might be planning.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

Can't help myself. I'll pull for the lions and just hope it doesn't overly complicate any moves we might be planning.

Agree. If we are truly dead set on Johnson than him winning does nothing but help us. Because other teams may move on being worried they wont get Johnson or one of their other top choices. With what we are hearing in the media I do wonder if it isnt already a done deal. Just too many connected people saying that is what is going to happen to ignore it. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Agree. If we are truly dead set on Johnson than him winning does nothing but help us. Because other teams may move on being worried they wont get Johnson or one of their other top choices. With what we are hearing in the media I do wonder if it isnt already a done deal. Just too many connected people saying that is what is going to happen to ignore it. 

Buzz words can be used in a virtual interview so I'm sure if we have our wagon hitched to Johnson, he will wait it out.  😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

You are a Redskins fan, you don’t owe any allegiance to another team after we are out! It’s like saying you are being selfish with a hooker. This is transactional relationship after our team is out. No kissing on the mouth and don’t fall in love with the team. 😂 

• Haha 2

Two things:

1. The Ben Johnson hype campaign reminds me of the campaign surrounding Jay Gruden when he was the OC with the Bengals and was coaching in the 2013/14 playoffs before being hired here.

2. I've seen a few mentions of how Morris turned a top ranked defense in 2022 to 20th ranked this season. The amount of rookies he was forced to start on defense because of the team's cap hell was atrocious. He salvaged what he could.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

2. I've seen a few mentions of how Morris turned a top ranked defense in 2022 to 20th ranked this season. The amount of rookies he was forced to start on defense because of the team's cap hell was atrocious. He salvaged what he could.

Hell, after the historically bad trash defenses that Ron fielded during his tenure, I'd be more than happy with a middling 20 rank.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

He took the top ranked defense to 17 from 1 in his first year. The year the Rams won the super bowl. The year cap was laughed at. He subsequently further degraded them to 19 and 20.

Just now, ExoDus84 said:

Hell, after the historically bad trash defenses that Ron fielded during his tenure, I'd be more than happy with a middling 20 rank.

Ron and Del Rio have had success in the NFL. Raheem has not. That’s not a debatable statement. Pretending somehow Raheem is superior to Ron or Jack is beyond laughable. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Ron and Del Rio have had success in the NFL. Raheem has not. That’s not a debatable statement. Pretending somehow Raheem is superior to Ron or Jack is beyond laughable. 

I mean, I wasn't insinuating Raheem is superior to Ron or Jack. I'm lukewarm at best on Raheem the Dream. I'm just saying the defenses Rivera and Co put out on the field were abysmal, so I'm not sure anyone could do worse. We literally just gave up the most points in a season in franchise history (or at least the SB era).

27 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

Two things:

1. The Ben Johnson hype campaign reminds me of the campaign surrounding Jay Gruden when he was the OC with the Bengals and was coaching in the 2013/14 playoffs before being hired here.

Gruden didnt havw anywhere this level of hype or league wide fervor. In fact he wasnt even the most highly sought after coach on his own team that was Mike Zimmer.

• Like 1