Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

Just now, ixcuincle said:

give me slowik too. worked with peters in SF.

Wouldn't hate it.  But give me Ben Johnson.

At least according to Mike Jones and Keim, asking around the league, talking to FOs, Ben Johnson is head and shoulders more coveted than the other offensive coordinators.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CapsSkins said:

Adam Peters, Ben Johnson, Drake Maye at 2 overall.

This is the year of “don’t overthink it, go with the consensus top picks” at each position.

Peters/Johnson/Maye is the triumvirate of success.

I can already see graphics on broadcasts ten years from now listing their W/L records together similar to how we always saw with Brady/Bellicheck, Brees/Payton, Rodgers/McCarthy etc.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

Are we gonna be stuck with our existing scouting staff through the draft this year?

Is Peters really going to be able to put his stamp on the 2024 draft or will we have to wait till 2025 for a real Peters-run draft process?

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, Califan007 The Constipated said:

To be completely honest, I'm a bit surprised it was that close...

Me too, until I realized their pro bowlers are elite at their position, and ours are probably half special teamers.  Just not long snapper.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Are we gonna be stuck with our existing scouting staff through the draft this year?

Is Peters really going to be able to put his stamp on the 2024 draft or will we have to wait till 2025 for a real Peters-run draft process?

Typically you go with your current scouts because they've already done all the leg work.

With that said, since Peters was head of personnel/scouting for the 9ers, he probably already has opinions on a lot of guys. We'll see how it meshes with our scouts analysis.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Woo Hoo. Our first Gm since Casserly who sucked as a Gm.

Wonder if Adam will add anyone to the coaching search?

Peters will absolutely be involved in the HC search. That's why they wanted to get the GM in place so quickly.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

When was the last time we hired the best candidate at any coach or FO position? I don't count Gibbs II since that was so out of nowhere and there was no chance he was gonna be a candidate anywhere else.

Maybe Marty in 2001?

Shanny?

6 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

To be completely honest, I'm a bit surprised it was that close...

How many of those pro bowl appearances was our punter?? That might be why it looks so much closer. I honestly don't pay any attention to the pro bowl and who goes every year

• Like 1
  • Haha 1