Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

Just now, OtisDriftwood25 said:

Did anyone else hear Doc Walker filling in for Sheehan saying he was down in Florida today with Harris? I couldn’t tell if he was joking or not.

Trust me, it was a joke. Walker is always giving him the business lol.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, lovemaskins said:

Maybe that weren't fired?? 8 were fired leaving 24... so his numbers correlate to hiring an offensive mind somehow???🤷‍♂️

I desperately need a gif of a former president saying "he's practicing fuzzy math."  Yes, no politics in the stadium. And yes, Presidents are inherently political. But I think we can all agree that a 24 year old quote which is funny and applicable and has nothing to do with actual politics would be ok. At least, that's my hope.  

That said, I can't find the gif and that makes me sad.  

So, no gif.  But damn that's some fuzzy math.  

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Part of that might have been the idiot run on every down OC Greg Roman.  There might have been a receiver or two who could have played in that group.

Roman is the mirror image of EB. Instead of throwing on every down, you run on every down.  People suggested he'd be a good fit here last year and I never understood why.  He had a great running offense that didn't win games with a good defense and Lamar Jackson at QB.  That's the peak of possibility for an OC.  And they still didn't do well enough, fired him, and now look where they are.  

Such disrespect lol

Greg Roman is acknowledged as a savant when it comes to the run game. He faces criticism because Kaepernick, Tyrod Taylor, and Lamar Jackson didn't excel as passers in his offense. Best of luck passing for 4500 plus yards with that array of names. It's worth noting he worked with Jackson and Kaepernick when they were still early in their careers.

EB comparison is off base lol 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

I remember at the time some people in the know continued to mention Kyle wanted Mac Jones because he was more like Kirk. Obviously Kyle is not going to come out and say that because he has to back the front office. I don’t have sources or anything just normal draft talk leading up.

It's one thing to keep silent and be a good soldier to back up the front office, but for that speculation to be true (Shanahan being overridden by the scouting department), Shanahan and Lynch would have to be straight lying and making things up in interviews like this

https://www.ninersnation.com/2022/8/11/23299457/kyle-shanahan-admits-49ers-trey-lance-mac-jones-2021-nfl-draft

Here’s more context from Shanahan’s quote on how they decided on Lance:

“We did the trade so early that it made me feel good about it. I knew before we did it how I felt about the quarterbacks and how good we would be to take them at 12. There were two that I really wanted... Mac Jones and Trey [Lance]. Those were the two guys that we were locked in on from the beginning.”

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2942548-49ers-kyle-shanahan-john-lynch-explain-how-they-decided-on-trey-lance

Team brass kept its intentions quiet even as rumors started to link the 49ers to Alabama QB Mac Jones (who went to New England at No. 15.) But in reality, they had been in on Lance since January, when Shanahan called Lynch from Mexico and insisted he look at his tape.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, UK_HOG said:

While everybody is mentioning Trey Lance what was Bobby Boatyard doing drafting Ryan Leaf?  Even the best are fallible.  Peters would be quite a coup but there are no guarantees.

Yes, but TREY LANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111

Edited by ntotoro

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Ah. You listen to Doc and/or Sheehan.

makessense.gif.5d585391f437e5606269b5a09c1880b9.gif 

I threw it on today to hear some GM talk/HOF coaches retiring talk. Probably 5 days a year. I think Sheehan has gotten full of himself over the years.

Edited by OtisDriftwood25

2 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Such disrespect lol

Greg Roman is acknowledged as a savant when it comes to the run game. He faces criticism because Kaepernick, Tyrod Taylor, and Lamar Jackson didn't excel as passers in his offense. Best of luck passing for 4500 plus yards with that array of names. It's worth noting he worked with Jackson and Kaepernick when they were still early in their careers.

EB comparison is off base lol 

He should have coached in the 70's.  

You don't need 4500 yards.  But more than 7 attempts a game would have been beneficial.  

He might have been a run game savant.  But he was a moron when it came to the forward pass.  And because of that, if his teams were ever down by more than 10 points, a comeback was essentially off the table.  

Now I need a gif of 1990's Ron Jaworski saying "Points come out of the passing game."  He was right even back then.  He is more right now.  You preach it Jaws.  

Where is all of the Trey Lance love coming from?  He wasn't good (and we know that wasn't due to external factors like a bad offensive system or bad talent around him) and we have the 2nd pick in a draft with 2 or 3 top-flight QBs.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

I threw it on today to hear some GM talk/HOF coaches retiring talk. Probably 5 days a year. I think Sheehan has gotten full of himself over the years.

As soon as you hear Doc's voice, the immediate instinct should be to change the channel and do whatever the version of "cross yourself" you believe in.  Say a prayer, ask for forgiveness.  Whatever.

My guy hasn't had a salient thought since 1992.  He's a buffoon who lowers the intelligence level of everybody he talks to.  The fact literally anybody allows him near a microphone is a crime against human decency.  

And he has a PAID podcast.  And people PAY to listen to his uneducated idiotic tripe.  It's called brainwashing.  It's unfathomable.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Where is all of the Trey Lance love coming from?  He wasn't good (and we know that wasn't due to external factors like a bad offensive system or bad talent around him) and we have the 2nd pick in a draft with 2 or 3 top-flight QBs.  

I'd hardly call it love... :rofl89:

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

As soon as you hear Doc's voice, the immediate instinct should be to change the channel and do whatever the version of "cross yourself" you believe in.  Say a prayer, ask for forgiveness.  Whatever.

My guy hasn't had a salient thought since 1992.  He's a buffoon who lowers the intelligence level of everybody he talks to.  The fact literally anybody allows him near a microphone is a crime against human decency.  

And he has a PAID podcast.  And people PAY to listen to his uneducated idiotic tripe.  It's called brainwashing.  It's unfathomable.  

Well I made it to one commercial break. 

5 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

What? Nobody is loving Trey Lance. There are fans here who don't want to hire Adam Peters because he may have been involved in trading up to draft Lance.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, boston skins fan said:

ES: I wish we had competent ownership that interviews and highers the best and smartest

Harris: Interviews the best and smartest and is close to locking down the percieved best in class in Peters

ES: ya he drafted a killer roster but TREY LANCE so he sucks

Some idiot in the media HAS to ask him at his introductory presser (assuming he's hired), "So, you were in the room when Trey Lance was drafted.  How do you make sure the player we draft at #2 is not another Trey Lance?" 

And then we need to shame whoever asks the question until they are forced to move to a goat farm in Yamen.  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Doc is literally "ok boomer" personified. With that said, he says some funny stuff sometimes. I find him amusing during the season just hearing his random rants and ravings. "YOU GOTTA BE TOUGH" "YOU GOTTA WANT IT". He's exactly what a lot of people on this board would probably want in our future coach lolol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Doc is literally "ok boomer" personified. With that said, he says some funny stuff sometimes. I find him amusing during the season just hearing his random rants and ravings. "YOU GOTTA BE TOUGH" "YOU GOTTA WANT IT". He's exactly what a lot of people on this board would probably want in our future coach lolol.

It reminds me of a former coworker in the '90's who used to say "On any given Sunday, whichever team straps it on is gonna' win!" :rofl89:

• Haha 1