Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

Just now, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

The good news: Harbaugh’s agent probably floated this to get Harbaugh a raise.

The bad news:I’m an idiot and I’m wrong a lot. 

The good news: you’re right.

The bad news: you’re right.

Haha! Kidding. I’m an idiot, too. Don’t worry. We’re here.

• Haha 2

Put me on the Slowik train. I like that he’s from the Shanahan tree. I like what the Texans are doing on offense.

He’s 36. More importantly, he also cut his teeth on the defensive side of the ball. Worked in Saleh’s scheme and now working with DeMeco in Houston. I like those defensive styles/philosophies. 

I’m sure there’s probably a “deeper dive” discussion on here about him already, but wanted to throw my hat in the ring.

12 minutes ago, KDawg said:

The good news: Blake Corum

The bad news: JJ McCarthy

I don't want Harbaugh because both brothers are total POS human beings.  

Anyway, even if we got Jim, it does't mean J.J. is our QB.  What matters is what the GM above him thinks of the QBs available.  

• Thumb up 2

17 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Put me on the Slowik train. I like that he’s from the Shanahan tree. I like what the Texans are doing on offense.

He’s 36. More importantly, he also cut his teeth on the defensive side of the ball. Worked in Saleh’s scheme and now working with DeMeco in Houston. I like those defensive styles/philosophies. 

I’m sure there’s probably a “deeper dive” discussion on here about him already, but wanted to throw my hat in the ring.

You forgot the great Jim Haslett from the group of DCs he learned from

49 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

The most important part IMO is that he has shown he can develop and work well with a rookie QB. There's an article about how he tailored the offense to Stroud's strengths and what he liked to do and how they collaborated

2 hours ago, veteranskinsfan said:

I would interview her first and pick her brain about other general managers.   Then narrow down to my final 3 candidates and see what happens from there.  I would not

select her for the final GM job unless she could convince me shows knows some of the young offensive coordinators in the league and their strengths and weaknesses.

I thought they were talking about Aponte not as a GM but more of VP of football operations who would be the boss of the GM.  Am I reading this wrong?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

I cant see Harbaugh being willing to give up power to a GM. So I dont see him coming here. 

My thoughts too....I wonder how much control he'll want? 

43 minutes ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

Ian Rapaport sent out a tweet saying " one of the best ever is saying goodbye. " I thought he was referring to Ron leaving tomorrow. However he wasn't.

Ron's not saying goodbye because he thinks he's staying on as DC for turning the defense around. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Redwards said:

How? Like even rivals who don't like Jim don't think he mistreats players or doesn't care about academic standards.  His players love him and he seems to have mellowed so being irritating (not same as POS) which was an nfl player complaint seems less likely. He advocates pretty consistently for players interests outside the lines. 

Can't say I know as much about John. 

Seems like you would have a stronger case with Urban Meyer, Brian Kelly or any number of other coaches.

Edited by Ghost of
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bring it on.  I’m almost giddy with the changes that are coming.   New GM and HC.   My hope is we go back to the WFT while they implement a new name.  I’m so tired of this commanders crap, Tuddy etc.  it’s just more Snyder that must be exorcised.  

• Thanks 3

24 minutes ago, Ghost of said:

How? Like even rivals who don't like Jim don't think he mistreats players or doesn't care about academic standards.  His players love him and he seems to have mellowed so being irritating (not same as POS) which was an nfl player complaint seems less likely. He advocates pretty consistently for players interests outside the lines. 

Can't say I know as much about John. 

Seems like you would have a stronger case with Urban Meyer, Brian Kelly or any number of other coaches.

Jim is a freaking cheater and scam artist.  He's been the epitome of an egomaniacal jerk going all the way back to his playing days.  The way he treats his players is an entirely different story.  John is just as big of an egomaniacal jerk.   I have watched both these dudes for decades and they have zero class as far as I'm concerned.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

I cant see Harbaugh being willing to give up power to a GM. So I dont see him coming here. 

Acrually Harbaugh one of those guys I WOULDNT mind having control. Just look what happened when he was in SF the moves they did was making them contend every year .

What he’s done with Michigan is amazing also.

2 hours ago, Redwards said:

Anyway, even if we got Jim, it does't mean J.J. is our QB.  What matters is what the GM above him thinks of the QBs available.  

How are they both POS? Both brothers are winners also who made there teams playoff contenders and a respectable environment ?.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I want nothing to do with a coach dominated team anymore. It is time for a real GM and real rebuild. 

Idk dude the things he done with Michigan and the SF 49ers last time it’s hard to argue. Either way he won’t be our next coach I do think chargers will get him. Ben Johnson will get total control in Carolina .

15 minutes ago, Redwards said:

Jim is a freaking cheater and scam artist.  He's been the epitome of an egomaniacal jerk going all the way back to his playing days.  The way he treats his players is an entirely different story.  John is just as big of an egomaniacal jerk.   I have watched both these dudes for decades and they have zero class as far as I'm concerned.  

How would you have watched Harbaugh since his playing days unless you watched and closely followed the Big Ten?  As for cheater I'm going to dismiss that out of hand since both the covid dead period violations and the sign stealing are ginned up nonsense misunderstood or deliberately distorted. Compared to the practice of Saban and others who used to do oversigning and medical dismissals, pay players when it was illegal etc 

Meanwhile Jim drew heat from lloyd Carr about his criticism over academics and Jim has coached at two programs that actually have standards unlike many of his peers in college.  

And his teams play clean unlike how Spartans have had serious and even criminal assaults during or after games for years since Dantonio first coached. I may not like OSU but Michigan Ohio games are pretty respectful and clean. 

And the guy with the Niners seemed like he ruined that relationship being a liar and schemer himself. 

Clemson fans don't typically have a strong feeling about Harbaugh without it being entirely second or third hand and even then. 

So which Big Ten team are you a fan of? 

Edited by Ghost of
  • Like 1