Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

Our team is in need of a complete rebuild. BB isn't a coach you want.

BB still wants to coach for 2 reasons.  #1- Pass Shula.  #2- win a Superbowl without Tom.  So, BB would go to a team with a QB already like San Diego or even Dallas, should they have an opening.  OR team that could acquire a veteran QB, like Russell Wilson and try to go with BB.  See Atlanta or even the Raiders.

If you are going to draft a QB, BB isn't the coach for you. 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

My only issue with Slowik is I read multiple times he's a very low key dude, not much personality.  Not that i am fixated on personality,  for example McDonald is described as more of chill type of dude but I get the impression that Slowik is super low key.

Good.  Less of a chance he becomes an egomaniac who wants full control of roster decisions once he experiences success as an HC. 

I get your point though. It would be nice to have a charismatic leader who can galvanize his players and others, but there have been plenty of successful head coaches with chill personalities. I care about winning above all else (I know you do too), regardless of personality. 

49 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

My only issue with Slowik is I read multiple times he's a very low key dude, not much personality.  Not that i am fixated on personality,  for example McDonald is described as more of chill type of dude but I get the impression that Slowik is super low key.

Give a listen.  He's got some fire in him. 

Edited by RWJ

10 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Our team is in need of a complete rebuild. BB isn't a coach you want.

BB still wants to coach for 2 reasons.  #1- Pass Shula.  #2- win a Superbowl without Tom.  So, BB would go to a team with a QB already like San Diego or even Dallas, should they have an opening.  OR team that could acquire a veteran QB, like Russell Wilson and try to go with BB.  See Atlanta or even the Raiders.

If you are going to draft a QB, BB isn't the coach for you. 

I totally agree with you, BB has developed only one QB on his watch that I and think of and we all know who that is. HOWEVER....BB is such a great defensive mind and respected coach that he could still dial it up if given a some parameters should he be hired. This might be a stretch but Andy Reid ran his course in Philly and went on to KC to even greater success with the drafting of Patrick Mahomes. Could BB come to Washington and make our defense formidable while our GM got him a young OC to develop the QB and run the offense? 

Think about it for just a second....how ****ing crazy would it be to go from Daniel Snyder to Bill Belicheck? 

In the interview BB would have to have an incredible plan for who his OC is going to be and how he's gonna develop a young QB. He's also gonna have to buy into being just a head coach with a working relationship with the GM who would pick the players. Maybe BB interviews and says "look, I made some mistakes in NE and am open to just being the head coach while you help me find a great OC."

If I'm the new owner of the Commanders and Bill Belicheck shows interest in being my head coach I'm talking to him. If he is on board with the team approach we're looking for and has a convincing plan I'm listening. Not saying I'm hiring him but I'm listening, and if my GM is on board with BB then we're gonna talk numbers. To me, BB will have to come in and prove to me that he's still excited about coaching and is flexible in helping to reach our goals. If he can convince me of that, I'm interested. He can't be a one man management/coaching band though. 

18 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I totally agree with you, BB has developed only one QB on his watch that I and think of and we all know who that is. HOWEVER....BB is such a great defensive mind and respected coach that he could still dial it up if given a some parameters should he be hired. This might be a stretch but Andy Reid ran his course in Philly and went on to KC to even greater success with the drafting of Patrick Mahomes. Could BB come to Washington and make our defense formidable while our GM got him a young OC to develop the QB and run the offense? 

Think about it for just a second....how ****ing crazy would it be to go from Daniel Snyder to Bill Belicheck? 

BB is a great defensive minded coach, but I don’t care much for his coach hires and a lot of his personnel choices. IMO I’d take slightly less defensive performance over BB

7 minutes ago, mh86 said:

BB is a great defensive minded coach, but I don’t care much for his coach hires and a lot of his personnel choices. IMO I’d take slightly less defensive performance over BB

I hear ya, and I'm on record as hating BB for the way he ran up the score on Joe Gibbs in Gibbs ll tenure. Can't stand him. But, if I'm Josh Harris I'm talking to him before ruling him out just based on his track record. Thats just what I would do as an owner. I'm more interested in who our GM is first and who that person wants to hire. 

• Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Her name has been the only one leaked by legit sports beat reporter, Nicki Jhabvala.  Standig mentioned her in an article. Seems like she will have a role.  President replacing Wright is fine with me.  I just hope she has enough pull to either hire Hortiz or Peters, first as GM.  I read an article not long ago about Peters being elevated to GM in SF with Lynch being given another title.  

1 hour ago, kingdaddy said:

In the interview BB would have to have an incredible plan for who his OC is going to be and how he's gonna develop a young QB. He's also gonna have to buy into being just a head coach with a working relationship with the GM who would pick the players. Maybe BB interviews and says "look, I made some mistakes in NE and am open to just being the head coach while you help me find a great OC."

If I'm the new owner of the Commanders and Bill Belicheck shows interest in being my head coach I'm talking to him. If he is on board with the team approach we're looking for and has a convincing plan I'm listening. Not saying I'm hiring him but I'm listening, and if my GM is on board with BB then we're gonna talk numbers. To me, BB will have to come in and prove to me that he's still excited about coaching and is flexible in helping to reach our goals. If he can convince me of that, I'm interested. He can't be a one man management/coaching band though. 

BB likely wants the same setup he has in New England.

The only way he stays in NE is if he coaches only and I doubt he does that.

Hell, the guy wanted to keep Matt Patricia  as OC.

We aren’t the franchise for him.

• Like 1

Just now, Ball Security said:

If Slowick gets a job, do you think he gives his dad a job on defense? A  little double reverse nepotism.

I'm not a Slowick fan since the days of Dad her with Mikey and Klye and I don't care about Son.  Pass.  Hard Pass!  

9 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I don't want a HC on their 2nd act let alone their 3rd and already in their 70s.

I get the vibe that his no frills no fun approach to coaching has worn thin.  He is in the running to be one of the worst drafter in the NFL in the last 10 years or so and even if he doesn't demand GM control, hard for me to imagine he wouldn't want serious input on the drafts.

Bill’s built different, norms don’t apply. I’m starved for elite coaching. 

9 hours ago, Andre The Giant said:

I’m cool with interviewing folks from the Ravens, but no guarantee that model will be successful. 

The Browns previously hired Ravens’ Phil Savage as GM, and the Jags hired Ravens’ Shaq Harris as GM.  Neither worked out. Both worked for Ozzie.

The Colts hired Ravens DC Chuck Pagano as HC, while the Jets hired Ravens DC Rex Ryan as HC. Neither was super successful. 

To me, you’re taking a risk anytime you hire an unproven GM or HC.  Doesn’t mean it can’t work, but I’d definitely personally be interested in potential folks who’ve had proven success (Harbaugh, BB, etc).

I mostly agree with your points. Front office personnel often ride the wave of success without clear insights into their individual contributions. Personally, I’m biased towards the Ravens’ approach, particularly their handling of the QB position. I believe there’s a significant competitive edge in having an elite dual-threat QB.

If Washington can assemble a top-notch front office, a strong defensive coach, and acquire someone like Greg Roman, pairing them with a talent like Jayden Daniels or making a trade for Murray/Fields, it could bring substantial value. Admittedly, it’s a lot of projection and a long shot, but it’s an intriguing possibility.

9 hours ago, RWJ said:

Go get them, Josh!

Bill's record w/o Brady speaks for itself, wit33. I didn't make it up, Brother. :) 

The championship teams in the earlier years were dominantly led by their defensive prowess and were considered juggernauts. 

I hear you though, his last three years without Brady haven’t done much to support my position. 

I want elite people and he qualifies. The age thing doesn’t bother me, Bill isn’t built like the lames some may attempt to compare him to. 

BB isn’t elite and hasn’t been for years.

I hope the Gm casts a wide net.  Since they have to interview 2 minorities, we know there will be at least 3 coaches interviewed.

We need not to lock on one guy. Interview several people and pick the best coach.

Edited by 88Comrade2000

Just now, CapsSkins said:

I'm assuming Vrabel would go to New England if they move on from Belichick.

I thought so too but Russini has reported...

“Oh, and the Patriots aren’t trading for Vrabel if they and Belichick part ways,” Russini wrote. “Nothing has changed there.”

https://nesn.com/2023/12/patriots-rumors-how-likely-is-mike-vrabel-trade-to-replace-bill-belichick/

• Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

I thought so too but Russini has reported...

“Oh, and the Patriots aren’t trading for Vrabel if they and Belichick part ways,” Russini wrote. “Nothing has changed there.”

https://nesn.com/2023/12/patriots-rumors-how-likely-is-mike-vrabel-trade-to-replace-bill-belichick/

Maybe he asks Tennessee to let him out of his contract to sign there as a free agent? Interesting...