Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

27 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Listened to Fowler and Keim talk about the article  they write together.

Fowler thought league wide the perception is Peters from SF is the best GM get. Mentioned some others including Cunningham 

He doesn’t think Bieiemy will be a HC next year.

Bieniemy this season has essentially been the defacto HC here 

If they pick high QB is likely under consideration. That’s their guess not something they heard 

Keim said he doesn’t think they have interest in Belichick 

This is what I've imagined all along, but not with the defense. Allen with the sports Junkies kinda said he doesn't talk to them. But he did change the players day which impacts all players (which includes defense). But Keim and Fowler said this this 4-9 record will kinda go on his coaching record, and some around the league are saying that Beiniemy may have done a good job though because it was too jolly / lax here in Washington. Others are giving him respect for the job he did with Sam being a fifth rounder even with the sacks, picks and the line. And saying he's gotten the chip off his shoulder by showing he can call plays being not under Andy Reid. 

My take? Will he get a job? Probably not, given his age and the youth movement and all the other interviews he has already had. But its a nice addition to his resume.  

2 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

This is what I've imagined all along, but not with the defense. Allen with the sports Junkies kinda said he doesn't talk to them. But he did change the players day which impacts all players (which includes defense). But Keim and Fowler said this this 4-9 record will kinda go on his coaching record, and some around the league are saying that Beiniemy may have done a good job though because it was too jolly / lax here in Washington. Others are giving him respect for the job he did with Sam being a fifth rounder even with the sacks, picks and the line. And saying he's gotten the chip off his shoulder by showing he can call plays being not under Andy Reid. 

My take? Will he get a job? Probably not, given his age and the youth movement and all the other interviews he has already had. But its a nice addition to his resume.  

Fowler's own take on it is Bieniemy didn't help or hurt himself here.  He sees is as neutral.  Who knows but that was his take.  He didn't think it would lead to him getting a HC next year.

• Thumb up 1

14 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Based on everything reported about Harris and his group, there is 0.00% chance this happens.

With the Sixers, Harris has hired proven, former championship head coaches, notably Doc Rivers and now NIck Nurse. He does have a track record of doing this but he also listens to his GM and management people so my guess is that the new GM will determine whether we hire a re-tread or not. Harris puts people in place that he trusts and follows their recommendations. Once we have a new GM in place we'll probably be able to connect the dots much easier. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thinking Skins said:

Bieniemy this season has essentially been the defacto HC here 

Could this be the reason why RR hasn't been fired, or at least one of the reasons, because he's basically a figurehead in place doing what EB wants with ownerships blessing? If true, maybe there is a place for RR in management once Harris fires him and the rest of the staff? Just possible speculation on my part.

46 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

I commented on your post and gave commentary based on the podcast. Keim and Fowler said their opinions, but others around the league think the opinions I expressed in the post I stated earlier. 

Yeah the quote from someone from the league made the article.  Keim didn't give his opinion.  Fowler did and his take was its neutral. 

1 hour ago, kingdaddy said:

Could this be the reason why RR hasn't been fired, or at least one of the reasons, because he's basically a figurehead in place doing what EB wants with ownerships blessing? If true, maybe there is a place for RR in management once Harris fires him and the rest of the staff? Just possible speculation on my part.

You need to get over your lust for Ron having a role on this team, after he's fired on Jan. 7th after the game or in the morning on Jan. 8.  Once he's fired, he's done here.  He will collect his nice check for the final year of his contract and probably relax on the golf course.  Then maybe after a year, he may try either an assistant job or just do radio or tv.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

With the Sixers, Harris has hired proven, former championship head coaches, notably Doc Rivers and now NIck Nurse. He does have a track record of doing this but he also listens to his GM and management people so my guess is that the new GM will determine whether we hire a re-tread or not. Harris puts people in place that he trusts and follows their recommendations. Once we have a new GM in place we'll probably be able to connect the dots much easier. 

Those teams are in championship windows and need proven coaches.

This team is rebuilding essentially from scratch and is better off with a young up and comer that can grow with the team.

4 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

You need to get over your lust for Ron having a role on this team, after he's fired on Jan. 7th after the game or in the morning on Jan. 8.  Once he's fired, he's done here.  He will collect his nice check for the final year of his contract and probably relax on the golf course.  Then maybe after a year, he may try either an assistant job or just do radio or tv.

I don't have any lust for RR having a role with the team, actually I could care less if he does. I do wonder what they'll do with him given that I've heard Harris likes him. Don't assume you know what a person is thinking by reading more into their posts than what they put. It's all just conversation and I don't need any advice from you regarding what I need or don't need moving forward. Keep your advice to yourself unless I ask for it.

5 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I don't have any lust for RR having a role with the team, actually I could care less if he does. I do wonder what they'll do with him given that I've heard Harris likes him. Don't assume you know what a person is thinking by reading more into their posts than what they put. It's all just conversation and I don't need any advice from you regarding what I need or don't need moving forward. Keep your advice to yourself unless I ask for it.

You don’t become a successful billionaire by keeping people around you that you like.  RR is a likable man on the surface…but he’s an absolute football dinosaur.  

the nfl is not the nfl of the 2000s…much less the 90s.  It’s not even the same language or concepts anymore.  

I fully anticipate Harris, having already hired an analytics guru, to go after the smartest youngster in the room….whoever his folks tell him that is.

I think that Ron went with EB because he didn’t want to be that dinosaur. Unfortunately or fortunately depending on your perspective, he got it wrong. I’m sure it came as a huge surprise that the defense was going to turn to crap as well. None of us expected that. 

But it seems Ron has checked out completely and you just cannot keep that man around next year. He should be nowhere near this team. He has to go. I would jettison all the players that have checked out under his watch as well. A complete cleaning. Especially the older players that aren’t giving it their all or has the “same ole same ole” attitude. Too bad we have to keep some because of contracts. 

Edited by Fan since a Fetus

3 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

I think that Ron went with EB because he didn’t want to be that dinosaur. Unfortunately or fortunately depending on your perspective, he got it wrong. I’m sure it came as a huge surprise that the defense was going to turn to crap as well. None of us expected that. 

But it seems Ron has checked out completely and you just cannot keep that man around next year. He should be nowhere near this team. He has to go. I would jettison all the players that have checked out under his watch as well. A complete cleaning. Especially the older players that aren’t giving it their all or has the “same ole same ole” attitude. Too bad we have to keep some because of contracts. 

Hiring EB was another example of lazy homework imo.  And for the life of me I can’t understand the naivety of empowering your OC and DC to run amok while your job is on the line.   Understand player development and the need for it.  I don’t understand coaching development to the extent rr took it.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

This right here is priceless.

88 attempting to down someone for "lusting" for RR to remain here when we've been constantly bombarded by his repeated posts of fire RR.

Man, talk about pot meet kettle. Lol.

HTTR!

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

15 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

It's great that Harris signed a GM and let him go something really unconventional and intentionally tank for 7 years, but he came away with one stud and had to hir Harden who is so hateable and still haven't dominated. I like Maxey and th 7ers will hit the playoffs again, but it was a terrible plan. He has stuck with that GM through the growing pains, which I rspect. 

So I'm debating whether this should go in the Free agency thread or this thread but I'll put it here. I listened to the Command Center podcast and it was interesting just how much the impact that signing London Fletcher did to help the maturity of this team. I don't know if that's just Moss and Smoot talking vs actually being serious but it sounds really similar to whats going on right now with EB. Except guys like Pringle and Wiley are not the enforcers that Fletcher are in the locker room. Hearing that Fletcher had the power to restart practice? Wow. 

I'm looking at Free agents and wondering who we can sign with that impact. It would go beyond just "big play" and stuff or even what Ron looks for, that nice guy stuff (cause I don't mind a mean guy), who are the guys who are leading the huddles and like Jonathna Allen like giving motivational speeches or doing things like not missing a game. I was thinking about that about Kirk and thats something about him that is unappreciated, he went ike 11 years without getting injured, or at least without missing a game due to injury. Part of that is luck but part is dedication and doing things like training your body and what did he say "process".

So as we start to look at getting a new front office in here and a new coaching staff in here, I'm thinking about what the mentality will be. I really think there is a cause and effect between our low injuries and the hard practices we did in training camp. Hopefully Harris sees that and keeps it for the next guy. Also I wonder if the players here talk with other teams (on winning orgs) about things like how hard the coach is or the off day or getting training on injuries vs getting time in the film room. And I really wonder if Terry would be less vocal if he had 3 100 yard games in the first 4 games on like 12 targets per game. Then maybe he would be a chirping EB EB EB and having the whole offense as team players instead of where we are now. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

So I'm debating whether this should go in the Free agency thread or this thread but I'll put it here. I listened to the Command Center podcast and it was interesting just how much the impact that signing London Fletcher did to help the maturity of this team. I don't know if that's just Moss and Smoot talking vs actually being serious but it sounds really similar to whats going on right now with EB. Except guys like Pringle and Wiley are not the enforcers that Fletcher are in the locker room. Hearing that Fletcher had the power to restart practice? Wow. 

I'm looking at Free agents and wondering who we can sign with that impact. It would go beyond just "big play" and stuff or even what Ron looks for, that nice guy stuff (cause I don't mind a mean guy), who are the guys who are leading the huddles and like Jonathna Allen like giving motivational speeches or doing things like not missing a game. I was thinking about that about Kirk and thats something about him that is unappreciated, he went ike 11 years without getting injured, or at least without missing a game due to injury. Part of that is luck but part is dedication and doing things like training your body and what did he say "process".

So as we start to look at getting a new front office in here and a new coaching staff in here, I'm thinking about what the mentality will be. I really think there is a cause and effect between our low injuries and the hard practices we did in training camp. Hopefully Harris sees that and keeps it for the next guy. Also I wonder if the players here talk with other teams (on winning orgs) about things like how hard the coach is or the off day or getting training on injuries vs getting time in the film room. And I really wonder if Terry would be less vocal if he had 3 100 yard games in the first 4 games on like 12 targets per game. Then maybe he would be a chirping EB EB EB and having the whole offense as team players instead of where we are now. 

On the Terry point, maybe—but that would necessitate EB being a different coach/playcaller, so rightfully the locker room would feel differently. One of the major criticisms of his scheme and playcalling is that he doesn’t get guys running open and he doesn’t scheme things to funnel touches to his best players. That isn’t an accident, that is a direct representation of his philosophy and playcalling in action. So, yeah, if that (among other things) was different, Terry would feel different, and everyone else (including informed fans) would likely feel different.

So it’s not a very useful hypothetical imo. It’s like saying if I learned and applied high level math concepts, could I be a well-respected mathematician. Maybe! But I’d have to be a different guy who made different choices. 

I 100% agree with your point about using big FA dollars to bring in a couple actual culture-changing studs though. That and smaller signings plus a great draft can transform the locker room much quicker than people think—with the right leadership.  

Edited by Conn

4 hours ago, Conn said:

On the Terry point, maybe—but that would necessitate EB being a different coach/playcaller, so rightfully the locker room would feel differently. One of the major criticisms of his scheme and playcalling is that he doesn’t get guys running open and he doesn’t scheme things to funnel touches to his best players. That isn’t an accident, that is a direct representation of his philosophy and playcalling in action. So, yeah, if that (among other things) was different, Terry would feel different, and everyone else (including informed fans) would likely feel different.

So it’s not a very useful hypothetical imo. It’s like saying if I learned and applied high level math concepts, could I be a well-respected mathematician. Maybe! But I’d have to be a different guy who made different choices. 

I 100% agree with your point about using big FA dollars to bring in a couple actual culture-changing studs though. That and smaller signings plus a great draft can transform the locker room much quicker than people think—with the right leadership.  

I don't know if I believe that though. I want to but I do see Mahomes forcing it to the TE. And breviously to the WR who just torched us. But if the speculation is true that EB is holding a grudge against Terry and "teaching him a lesson" about embarrassing him publicly with the big hit in practice, then this is a bad look for him that could have been resolved differently - the whole more flies with honey than with vinegar thingie. 

But then again we could be seeing another playcaller being inflexible to their "system" and not being willing to mold it to their players. And maybe part of that is him still learning the players and learning to bend to their wills and learning how to bend to their wills. But how many times do we have this square peg round hole argument thingie. Now we have a elite WR looking like a bum because he made a coach mad for questioning him.