Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hamas Attacks Against Israel

Fergasun

We can't change what happened in past history, but we can control our choices in the present that become history in the future.

Mistakes in the past shouldn't be used as an excuse to make the same mistakes in the future.

Learn from history from history, or ehats the point of tracking it?

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Learn from history from history, or ehats the point of tracking it?

Been thinking about this recently. 

Generally speaking, have we (humanity) truly ever learned from our mistakes? 

Or do we just making the same ones in a different way?

22 minutes ago, Skins24 said:

Been thinking about this recently. 

Generally speaking, have we (humanity) truly ever learned from our mistakes? 

Or do we just making the same ones in a different way?

I would say yes (we learn from our mistakes)...that doesn't mean we don't make any or repeat some (by accident or intentionally).

That's aspirational, but potentially unrealistic given our nature and that not changing anytime soon.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

Iran’s Mission to the UN tweets “The matter can be deemed concluded. However, should the Israeli regime make another mistake, Iran’s response will be considerably more severe.”

It won't be "concluded" for awhile unfortunately. Even after Iran is reduced to rubble. 🤷🏻‍♂️

25 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Will be interesting to see what Israel sends the other way once this part is over with.

This is my concern as well. Israel is not one to shrug anything off. Irans strike could prove largely ineffective, and Israel might still decide to launch a major strike in retaliation. It would be very much in character for them to do so. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Destino said:

Israel is not one to shrug anything off.

You're 100% correct.  They didn't shrug off Qatar's funding of Hamas, Bibi asked for it. 

Chickens roosting (wanting to roost?)...and whatnot. 

Syria, Lebanon, everybody's involved now.  It's a cluster****, probably won't get any better...and I wouldn't want to hand this situation off to Trump. 

Just sayin'.

• Thumb up 1

That says Venezuela is also showing the Chilean forest fire video as evidence of a successful attack in Israel. Not surprising. When you’re a weak saber rattling authoritarian paper tiger, pretending to be victorious is the best you’re ever going to get.

58 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

Israel won't respond to this - it is over. Iran responded to not look like little ****es so they could save face and were hoping that nothing really connected in Israel to further escalate.

Depends on the level of damage. I could see you being right if the iron dome did its work and the damage and loss of life are minimal. Hopefully this is the case.

• Thumb up 1

I believe couple things are true here:

Iran realized everyone knew something was coming

Everyone wanted it scaled down knowing Iran was going to respond no matter what (they felt they had to, sent something to UN saying why)

Israel (and friends) smacked most of it out the air why we are seeing fake footage instead someone like CNN showing the mass damage Iran is claiming

Iran has a large military, Israel has a more advanced one (air superiority is only place it needs to start and end, really)

Iran will not catch anyone off guard having called for Israel's destruction for decades now

The above tells me this is another example of a larger fight no one wants.  This tit for tat today and potentially a response is all part of not having bluffs called. 

But Iran doesn't want that smoke, I don't believe anyone in that part of the world really does. 

Even if US and UK didn't help, jus some basic publicly available information on comparing the two militaries again comes back to Israel's jus being more advanced (again, the number of drones sounded like a lot, until what looks like they all got destroyed before they did anything of significance).

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

Iran sent the US a Message through the Swiss

What was it?

"Dear Great Satan,

Neither of us want to really escalate the war.  We hope that all of your weapons work... because if they don't its your own fault we attacked you.  Please take this in mind when you and Israel decide a response.

XOXO your BFF since 1979"

• Haha 4