Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hamas Attacks Against Israel

Fergasun

Just now, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

what did they say specifically?

Stuff along the lines of, "The border is so open, God bless us that we haven't had another terrorist attack." (Haley)

DeSantis and Trump both talking up the fact that we are finding "terrorists at the borders in numbers you won't believe" (or similar)

Theres a NYY article ("The New York Times
Republicans Use Israel Attack to Stoke Fears About U.S.-Mexico Border")
1 day ago

Yes.  It's related to people caught at the border who trigger the 'Terrorist Data Screening Set"... but no deails are related.  And yes, those apprehensions went from like in the 10s to over 200 last year.  But there has not been reports of ISIS, alQ or Hamas attempting to enter.

• Like 1

We have over 175k refugees from Ukraine in America under the TPS program. 

I would take refugees from Palestine -- it doesn't bother me if they are arab, jewish, or anything else. 

We do this more than people want to admit.  It's why America is such a great country.

We have 6000 Syrians here under TPS....

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

35 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

DeSantis and Trump both talking up the fact that we are finding "terrorists at the borders in numbers you won't believe" (or similar)

Meh the folks on the right have been saying that since 9-12-01. Twenty years ago it was Al Qaeda was crossing the southern border. Ten years ago it was ISIS. Now it's Hamas. 🙄

Sure "terrorists" try and enter the US through the southern border. Something like .0004% are on the watch list. Mostly they originate from central and south America not  so much the middle east.

Edited by Captain Wiggles

36 minutes ago, Destino said:

Why refugees, is there anything we can offer Egypt that might compel them to simply take Gaza and keep it? 

I believe Israel offered it to them and they refused. Egypt has added protections to their border with Gaza to keep the Gazans from getting out.  Egyptians hate the Palestinians. Imagine if El Salvador had a direct border with the US and the EU asked us to let whoever cross to avoid all the gang violence, or maybe make it the 51st state.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

I’m confused…doesn’t Temporary Protected Status apply to foreign nationals already here in the states and simply protect them from deportation?

Thats Deferred Enforced Departure.  

Also, my Ukraine numbers are off... TPS for Ukraine looks like it is much less than 50k.  A little confused as to why different sources have different numbers.

• Thanks 1

Rafah border crossing opens to humanitarian aid

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2023/10/21/israel-news-hamas-war-gaza-updates/

That's really good news, and a win for the international community as a whole.

Pleasantly surprised Israel hasn't already jus bumrushed via land invasion of Gaza already, so call it a reach if you want, but the world stepped in on this one and Israel listened this time. 

Sign of what's possible, I guess, because they coulda did nothing or Israel said "f it, I'm starting land invasion anyway", but that's not what happened...

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Rafah border crossing opens to humanitarian aid

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2023/10/21/israel-news-hamas-war-gaza-updates/

That's really good news, and a win for the international community as a whole.

Pleasantly surprised Israel hasn't already jus bumrushed via land invasion of Gaza already, so call it a reach if you want, but the world stepped in on this one and Israel listened this time. 

I think that is much to do with Biden than anyone else. Glad he was able to get it done.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

3 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I think that is much to do with Biden than anyone else. Glad he was able to get it done.

I don't want to take away from what Biden did, it's first time a US president has been to a warzone the US didn't control since the 1800s.

Reading articles about this UN has been very much involved in push for same goals as Biden here, UK PM also showed up in Israel as what appears on the surface as supporting them with concerns in public then being much more stern on their concerns in private.

They all have a ways to go, and I'm fine of people wanting to give Biden credit for taking the lead in the response in context there are aspects of it I disagree with, similar to how I disagreed with certain aspects of how he handled Ukraine at first, then the results started to show.

Really want to get my attention, stop this ground invasion that seemingly nobody really wants despite the public rhetoric, longer they drag that out, the better. Baby steps even if they can't is next getting the utilities back on to Gaza and keeping the hospitals from running out of fuel.

Israel’s most important ally is the United States. I think if the US didn’t make as strong of a push as they did the U.N. and UK pleas would have fallen on deaf ears. I don’t think Israel was swayed by a moral argument.

also, Biden was responsible for delaying the decision to invade Gaza. Other parties may be making arguments to Israel’, but the United States arguments are the only ones Israel will find compelling.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Israel’s most important ally is the United States. I think if the US didn’t make as strong of a push as they did the U.N. and UK pleas would have fallen on deaf ears. I don’t think Israel was swayed by a moral argument.

also, Biden was responsible for delaying the decision to invade Gaza. Other parties may be making arguments to Israel’, but the United States arguments are the only ones Israel will find compelling.

Totally agree with you here, for better or worse.

A lot of people talked.

Israel needs the US.

US saying the same thing others were saying matters, especially because it got results and for years it's seemed like the US and the rest of international community werent saying the same things and those "results" showed as well.

• Thumb up 1

On 10/18/2023 at 10:26 AM, Skins24 said:

??

Israel has been an ally since it's inception. If we didn't support our allies, that would damage our credibility....

😂😂😂😂

14 hours ago, Destino said:

Shaun King is claiming credit.

He’s a great and humble man doing great things. Everyone knows this.

8F192E73-DB42-4386-84DA-0016B0B22FA5.png

• Haha 1