Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 NFL Draft Position/Tracker - Final Pick #2

zCommander

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

It’s going to be a very long few months.

I highly advise anyone trying to participate in these conversations does a little leg work before diving in. 

Some of you are very clearly speaking out of your back ends.

I think this is good advice.

One thing I’ll say for people bristling at the “Maye = 3 inches taller, bigger, faster Howell” take…it doesn’t just effect durability. It affects seeing the field, shaking off sacks in the pocket, etc. Howell if he was Maye’s size could be an entirely different pkayer in the NFL, potentially, even if the rest of the skillset was the same. Teams have clogged the middle of the field on Howell and ****ed with his field vision pretty consistently. It’s not an insult to Maye or to Howell to be favorably compared. 

Now, it’ll be up to the new FO to decide how Maye processes things, too. That’s a major component of ceiling that you can only do your best to evaluate. How does he compare to Howell there? It remains to be seen even if we can look at how each operated their offense in college and try. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Compare the stats. Watch the film.

It shouldn’t be a 5th round vs a 1st rounder. Both should have/should be mid first rounders. 

I think where howell was eventually drafted, added to how we've all seen him play this year means he had no business to be taken anywhere near the first round. 

• Thumb down 1

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Compare the stats. Watch the film.

It shouldn’t be a 5th round vs a 1st rounder. Both should have/should be mid first rounders. 

They are nearly identical statistically. It’s scary. 

Maye has the size to push a mid first into a top 5 value. Otherwise, that’s where Howell should have gone, too. But people weee concerned with his size.

He didn’t play in the bowl game.

6 minutes ago, Conn said:

Nothing to be sorry about—you asked a question and I tried to supply you with an answer, there’s months of breakdowns of these QB’s on these boards if you’re interested in reading people’s documented thoughts—including in relation to Howell. There will be plenty more posts to come as well, of course.

Now that somebody has corrected me that he didn't actually play in the game I'm not sure my thoughts have Merit

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

It’s going to be a very long few months.

I highly advise anyone trying to participate in these conversations does a little leg work before diving in. 

Some of you are very clearly speaking out of your back ends.

And to think we haven't even fired the coach yet......long few months is a understatement 

2 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

There’s a lot of smoke about Williams personality, the family, it can’t be ignored and needs to be vetted like crazy. But the football player is ****ing fun to watch for sure! Would love to have a player that means you are always in a game ala Mahomes 

There some smoke there but I get the feeling he would like to come home to lead his hometown team.

1 minute ago, mac8887 said:

I think where howell was eventually drafted, added to how we've all seen him play this year means he had no business to be taken anywhere near the first round. 

I think you can say that about plenty of prospects. I am talking about his collegiate film. Which was better than Pickett aside from one year. 

Purdy went in the 7th. 

Just now, redskinss said:

Did you read what I said?

You're right long few months.

Oh god, you’re going to post in this annoying way all off-season again aren’t you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Veretax said:

Now that somebody has corrected me that he didn't actually play in the game I'm not sure my thoughts have Merit

I think the main thing right now is lock that #2 pick in......After that let's see who our GM is gonna be and who they hire as Head coach and staff. If we bring in one of those young offensive gurus then we can debate the QB position a little more because we might have a idea on the type of system we'll be running 

• Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, dyst said:

I’m not saying you’re off on your assessment but people had character issues about Micah Parsons also. 

I know what you are saying. However I can't get the bad taste of RG3 and Haskins out of my mouth. Both were selfish personalities and placed themselves before team. I am not saying Williams is that but there are whispers to the contrary. Heck no one had Chase Young as having character issues but he really was a selfish waste of talent so when you draft it is definitely important to do the character checks. When it comes to QB I like the more mature character over the diva. Even if the diva is a slightly sexier pick.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DazedSkinsfan said:

And to think we haven't even fired the coach yet......long few months is a understatement 

Yeah but that’s the fun part. We’re finally exiting the “miserable, can’t do anything about it” phase and moving into the “contentious, but every move could be the key to being a future competitor” phase. That’s fun

• Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

For me it’s Drake Maye had 24 TDS (4 against Campbell) and 9 interceptions against an insanely soft schedule 

If you actually watched his games, his decision making is no better than Howell’s

Maye should not be drafted at the top of the draft. I’m not trying to sound negative, I just don’t want to waste this pick

People are really going to have to sell me why I should ignore his stats against weak competition all year

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

22 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

They have to agree to that. They probably want pick along with some veterans.

If Williams gives the Bears the Eli Manning treatment, good luck to them.  My larger point being we have players we can throw in in trades because no one who's not still on a rookie contract should be coming back next year.

• Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, Veretax said:

What most people on a message board don’t want to hear is that uneducated thoughts never have merit. Recognizing that and deciding to go gather information before forming an opinion is an indicator that someone should be listened to. Too many people out there don’t interrogate their own thought processes, they just get satisfaction out of throwing their lazy opinions out for mass consumption. It’s an ego thing rather than a desire to actually learn or share in a community. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

I can't get the bad taste of RG3

RG3 gave us a division championship as a rookie. And was heading for absolute superstar territory without the injury. I would still make that trade and pick 100 times out of 100. And Caleb Williams is a far better passer than RG3 ever was. Like lightyears better.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

I'm glad the brisket took himself off the grill that is a Ron Rivera built OL. Number 2 pick! **** yeah! Gonna drop a deuce on the magnitude of loafin' ass Chase Young! Ramseyed Howell paired with a league worst defense is pretty great at losing.

New Era.

I'm broken :)

Edited by SpacePenguin

6 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Not if I have to deal with arrogance of your magnitude. 

Nothing to do with arrogance. You have no idea what you’re talking about and you’re jumping into these convos full force.

You asked a question. I made the mistake of thinking you were actually asking a question. You weren’t. 

I won’t make that mistake again.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

I know what you are saying. However I can't get the bad taste of RG3 and Haskins out of my mouth. Both were selfish personalities and placed themselves before team. I am not saying Williams is that but there are whispers to the contrary. Heck no one had Chase Young as having character issues but he really was a selfish waste of talent so when you draft it is definitely important to do the c. haracter checks. When it comes to QB I like the more mature character over the diva. Even if the diva is a slightly sexier pick.

I can understand the character issue problem we been burned in the past many times. Haskins was a miss no doubt about it. The other two had major injuries. I think you got to take Williams but I could understand why people are afraid with all the whispers.

Just now, clskinsfan said:

RG3 gave us a division championship as a rookie. And was heading for absolute superstar territory without the injury. I would still make that trade and pick 100 times out of 100. And Caleb Williams is a far better passer than RG3 ever was. Like lightyears better.

Not comparing talent. Comparing character.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I agree with this totally that injury. It sucks because if he did not get injured last 10 years would have been diffrent

• Like 1