Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bob Menendez arrest watch

Cooked Crack

Fetterman Plans to Give Back Menendez Donation In Cash-Filled Envelopes (Exclusive)

John Fetterman, the first senator to call on Bob Menendez to resign, plans to give back the $5,000 that the embattled New Jersey Democratic senator gave the Pennsylvania Democrat’s Senate campaign in 2022.

And Fetterman wants to do it in envelopes full of hundred-dollar bills.

“We are in process of returning the money,” said Joe Calvello, a Fetterman spokesman, “in envelopes stuffed with $100 bills.”

The move is a call-back to Menendez and his wife Nadine being indicted Friday on federal charges of engaging in "a corrupt relationship with three New Jersey associates and

businessmen." The indictment was dramatic, featuring allegations of bribes paid by a shiny, new Mercedes-Benz C-300 convertible, gold bars valued at more than $100,000, and stacks of one-hundred-dollar bills atop a jacket with Menendez’s name on it.

Clck on the link for the full article

• Haha 4

24 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

I mean who among us doesn't keep half a million dollars at home under the mattress, in the tea kettle, up the chimney, and or sewn into jackets? 🧐

If I were rich I would absolutely keep half a million in cash, and gold bars. The reasons are simple. I’m married to an accountant and untraceable cash transactions are how I remind her that I can not be controlled. Also, for emergencies. I’m not rich though, so my emergency cash reserve is much less impressive than Senator Sosa’s.

id keep the gold bars just because that’s some baller **** to do.  

• Haha 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

I don't keep cash around the house. Once it starts to pile up into the bank it gos. What happened to Sean Taylor is why I don't keep large sums of cash on hand. 😢

My grandmother what raged on the streets of 1920s Chicago.... Well she stashed cash all over the damn house. Musta been part pirate. I get it tho living through the great depression n whatnot. 

59 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

I like how he's playing the 'Cuban' card on this too :ols: 

I find it pretty disgusting that you're intentionally downplaying and mocking the clear systemic racism against old guys with $500,000 in cash and gold bars lying around their house.

• Haha 3

Maybe a little off topic but this is something I've always wondered when it comes to inheritance tax laws.

I would imagine a lot of rich people have ludicrous sums of cash at home to avoid their children paying inheritance tax or confiscation from some other major event or broken law.

What are the laws about having that much cash at home and are there ever any repercussions of skirting the laws when it comes to this?

Edited by redskinss

30 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Maybe a little off topic but this is something I've always wondered when it comes to inheritance tax laws.

I would imagine a lot of rich people have ludicrous sums of cash at home to avoid their children paying inheritance tax or confiscation from some other major event or broken law.

Cash at home to avoid inheritance taxes seems unlikely. Currently, the the first $12.9 million per person is not taxed, and double that for a couple. And that could be gifted over time rather than a lump sum inheritance.

Edited by Corcaigh
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

Cash at home to avoid inheritance taxes seems unlikely. Currently, the the first $12.9 million per person is not taxed, and double that for a couple. And that could be gifted over time rather than a lump sum inheritance.

I didn't realize that.

Thank you.