Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Preseason: The Commanders vs. The Bengals - Return of the B&G as The Fans Awaken!

zCommander

26 minutes ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Word of advice to Harris and Co. :  Get a new broadcast team for the preseason next year.  Chick and BMitch were just awful

Employ the legends. 

Does it really matter though!?

3 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Employ the legends. 

Does it really matter though!?

What legends like Theismann?  Oh it matters.  Chick was making mistaking all over the place.  Every player he wasn't familiar with was a first year player.  Chick is very good on the post game shows, but he isn't suited for the broadcast booth

• Like 1

19 hours ago, MrJL said:

Fromm might deserve it, I just can't justify the roster spot

I'm talking about for Brissett

I didn't know when I posted this that Fromm has been around the league for a while. And although he's looked good for us in the last two PS games, I think the league knows what he is already. Therefore, I agree with not taking the roster spot for him. I'm guessing you were joking about Brissett, but damn, he's looked worse than Sexy Rexy here lately, lol.

1 minute ago, mudhog said:

I didn't know when I posted this that Fromm has been around the league for a while. And although he's looked good for us in the last two PS games, I think the league knows what he is already. Therefore, I agree with not taking the roster spot for him. I'm guessing you were joking about Brissett, but damn, he's looked worse than Sexy Rexy here lately, lol.

I'd consider trading him if something really good got offered.  He's a one year guy anyway and if Howell isn't our guy we're better off tanking.

• Like 2

With cut downs so late/expanded rosters most any announcer will struggle with names in the last preseason game. Coupled with 3 team names in 3 years including many not using our name at times during that period... who the really cares how bad preseason announcers are. The last game is for someone to shine and steal a spot or someone or to fumble away a roster spot.

Also, players with the same numbers. And the same **** with the entire other team

Edited by RandyHolt

I wish we could get Kenny Blankenship and Vic Romano. Those dudes were hilarious and had spot on analysis but got cancelled. I would really like to see them make a come back starting with our preseason games. It would be great just to see Blankenhip’s top 10 a the end of the day. Guy Ledouche would be a great on the field reporter. 

Make i happen Harris and team!!! Plus these hires would be great for diversity.

Edited by Fan since a Fetus
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

40 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

I wish we could get Kenny Blankenship and Vic Romano. Those dudes were hilarious and had spot on analysis but got cancelled. I would really like to see them make a come back starting with our preseason games. It would be great just to see Blankenhip’s top 10 a the end of the day. Guy Ledouche would be a great on the field reporter. 

If you are going to go with diversity then the commentators from Ted Lasso would be really good. :) 

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

On 8/28/2023 at 8:50 AM, Fan since a Fetus said:

I wish we could get Kenny Blankenship and Vic Romano. Those dudes were hilarious and had spot on analysis….

And they’d only need to be paid till Nov-Dec. bout the time we’re painfully eliminated from the paloffs.

• 2 weeks later...