Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread 2023: SUPER BOWL LVIII (58) ~ Chiefs vs. 49ers

zCommander

6 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Ummm. Yeah. The 9ers are an elite team, and coach. And any other bull**** talk is that,

Elite? You take out McCaffery and their other RB and that team is one dimensional. Purdy is okay but not elite at all. Plus they are playing the Giants and the Cardinals almost beat them. 

1 minute ago, Rex Tomb said:

Ron should have worked harder to try and keep Trent on the team.

Ron couldn't get rid of Bruce or else. 

Those that Williams took most issue with were former team president Bruce Allen and head athletic trainer Larry Hess, neither of whom is with the club any longer.

Williams said his desire to leave Washington was more than just for a new contract.

"It wasn't about the money," Williams said. "It was about respect. It felt I didn't get that from them at that point. Nine years previous to that, I didn't have an issue. I've seen issues happen [there] but I overlooked them because they didn't happen to me. It was my first time being on that side of things. The better decision was to just go my separate way."

22 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Elite? You take out McCaffery and their other RB and that team is one dimensional. Purdy is okay but not elite at all. Plus they are playing the Giants and the Cardinals almost beat them. 

Well yeah. You take out the best player off any elite team and they will struggle. But look at the coach and HOW he gets points. Elite. 

GiantsSuck.gif.49ee789533a5e67e13e63159e8563987.gif

Edit: I updated the gif and was trying to make one every Saturday night before the game for the opposing team we would play. Totally forgot to do it this year. Will need to catch up lol 

Here are the ones I have so far:

DallasSucks!.gif.15edbf35b89da6279017ed5e124030ff.gif

EaglesSuck.gif.f47dd4ac7cc89e4d454060ae73f89914.gif

TitansSuckGIF.gif.a81dbf9d6b824728c46a348313620765.gif

BearsSuck.gif.b06cd0d1e54e68c6c9f7cb051052fde5.gif

Edited by zCommander
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, jservs7 said:

Purdy may go down as the greatest game manager of all time.

Shades of Alex Smith, the check down king. That TD to the corner was a thing of beauty, tho.. 

PS. I could have specified a corner but Purdy served an ace to both sides so, take your pick I guess..

Edited by FuriousD

I don't get why people are so down on Brock to call him only a game manager, or that they're not even sure whether he's better than Sam Howell is. The dude literally hasn't lost a single game in his career that he wasn't injured in. What does he have to do to get more respect at this point? What could he possibly be doing better?

4 hours ago, NickyJ said:

I don't get why people are so down on Brock to call him only a game manager, or that they're not even sure whether he's better than Sam Howell is. The dude literally hasn't lost a single game in his career that he wasn't injured in. What does he have to do to get more respect at this point? What could he possibly be doing better?

Watching some of his games blows my mind.

I don't think I have ever seen a player that young stack so many good decisions. There are vets that are not as good as him at doing it.

Yeah, he is in an elite system w/ great surrounding talent, but he does so little to hurt the team and so much to let the playmakers do their thing.

• Like 3

On 9/21/2023 at 11:30 PM, FuriousD said:

Shades of Alex Smith, the check down king. That TD to the corner was a thing of beauty, tho.. 

PS. I could have specified a corner but Purdy served an ace to both sides so, take your pick I guess..

I thought Alex Smith did eventually become a pretty good QB before that career-ending injury.