Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread 2023: SUPER BOWL LVIII (58) ~ Chiefs vs. 49ers

zCommander

6 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

🤮 🤢

2 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

🤢

Those are message emojis, not reaction emojis. I request a simple button to display my disgustipation. An unlike button, but with an accurate representation of how much I unlike it.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Hahaha!!! I had to go to bed early, so I  woke up with no idea who won. I watched the highlights without knowing that I should've stayed up for the game. **** the Bills and **** Bills Mafia! I love watching them lose, I hope the whole fan base throws themselves in the ****ing hole so I don't have to hear their bull**** anymore.

Also, why do we talk so much about Josh Allen running like he's such an elite runner. Allen and Daniel Jones get this title for some reason, they get running yards because they take off and run so much. You really think Jones is a good runner? What about Allen? Josh Allen runs like a water buffalo on roller blades, he doesn't go down because he's big and tough, he knows that defenders are afraid to hit him because they'll get a flag.

Whatever, I hate all the AFC teams now, but I'd rather have KC go than have to deal with Ravens fans, I don't care what NFC team gets to go as long as they take them out.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

he doesn’t really do it any more than any other player. They also don’t get any more calls their favor than any other team 

It's also part of Andy's offense to put refs into a position to either make or don't make calls. It's so many crossers - often involving huge bodies - running at other corssers with huge bodies. Add to the fact that Mahomes is so precise and your instinct is often to think the other side cheated when he fails.

Anyway, the deep ball that Allen threw to Diggs may be the single greatest athletic achievement of the last 20 years. That pass could have taken out a blimp.

Living in KC now, this has been a pretty incredible year for Reid and Mahomes. If their receivers had been remotely competent this year, the team would have been 14-3, and Mahomes would have set records. But the receivers were awful until the last month or so. And the defense was amazing. So they consciously turned down the passing game, developed Pacheco into a stud, and basically made him the most skilled game manager in history.

He has by far the lowest yards per attempt in his career with his highest completion percentage. He had a career high in interceptions this year, but I feel like half of those hit a receiver in the hands.

This is not something that he would have done in Philly. It's been strangely fun to watch.

Having said that, they need a goddamn receiver.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Having said that, they need a goddamn receiver.

If the Eagles look to get out of the AJ Brown business because he's a head case, I think a 2 year stint with the chiefs before he went bananas again would lead to probably 30 wins for the Chiefs in the regular season out of a possible 34.  And at least one SB ring.  

I doubt that happens, but the Chiefs should offer their first to the Eagles (which might be the 32nd pick, who knows) for Brown.  

Depending on what we end up doing, they could also throw something at us for Terry.  Mahomes and Reid would make Terry a 1500 yard receiver, and he already knows the offense.  

6 hours ago, Ghost of said:

Why did you specifically call out Allen and Jones as runners? Seems odd and your description of Allen seems especially weird since he's been running since HS.

I called those two out because they seem to get the credit of being "elite" or "dangerous" runners, when in reality...they're just running. I know how it sounds, but if a QB runs more, they're going to rack up more running yards. You've seen Allen and Jones run, do they look like particularly dangerous runners? What do they do that makes them so dangerous as runners? Its nothing, nothing makes them dangerous. They get yards because they decide to tuck and run, you then add in the fact that 95% of defenders are terrified of ever hitting a QB and they get even more. 

Lamar Jackson is fast and agile, he is a skilled runner, that makes him dangerous. Allen and Jones are not dangerous as runners, its the simple fact that they run and have the extra protection of being the QB. 

18 hours ago, Simmsy said:

I called those two out because they seem to get the credit of being "elite" or "dangerous" runners, when in reality...they're just running. I know how it sounds, but if a QB runs more, they're going to rack up more running yards. You've seen Allen and Jones run, do they look like particularly dangerous runners? What do they do that makes them so dangerous as runners? Its nothing, nothing makes them dangerous. They get yards because they decide to tuck and run, you then add in the fact that 95% of defenders are terrified of ever hitting a QB and they get even more. 

Lamar Jackson is fast and agile, he is a skilled runner, that makes him dangerous. Allen and Jones are not dangerous as runners, its the simple fact that they run and have the extra protection of being the QB. 

Are you the guy who predicted that Sam Howell would run for 700 yards this year?

Because if you aren't, I want you and that poster to have a baby.

9 hours ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Are you the guy who predicted that Sam Howell would run for 700 yards this year?

Because if you aren't, I want you and that poster to have a baby.

I didn't say that, but I'm always down for baby making.

• zCommander changed the title to Game Day Thread 2023: CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP

Impact of losing Sunday:

Ravens- Lamar got paid but if he can’t win on Sunday, those doubts about him won’t go away.  They will say he can’t win the big game.

Chiefs-  Probably convince them to upgrade the WRs. Maybe Andy decides he’s had a good run and decides to retire, knowing team is in good hands as long as Patrick is there.

Lions- They lose their OC to us. 😀Well, that would happen even if they win. 

49ers- If Brock has a bad game and they lose, I can see Kyle seek a reunion with Kirk.  If 49ers lose, will Kyle start getting some heat. Yes, it’s their 4th appearance in championship game under him but they may have reach their peak with him. Kyle can only take them so far.

My preferred rankings for the 4 potential matchups.

1. Ravens vs Lions- Both Lamar and Jared get over the hump.

2. Chiefs vs Lions- End the season the way it started.

3. Ravens vs 49ers-  See the Ravens beat down on them again

4. Chiefs- 49ers- Already seen this. Patrick would get his 3rd ring.

• Like 1

Ravens and 49ers are the obvious favorites.

If KC wins, it wouldn’t be surprising. They are defending Superbowl champs after all.

If Detroit wins, it would be surprising. Detroit doesn’t have a good defense. Golf isn’t good under pressure and San Fran definitely can pressure. Also, Golf isn’t good on the road.  San Fran should wipe the floor today. If my Lions upset comes true, what does that say about 49ers?

Hopefully both games are close, whatever the result is.

16 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Ravens and 49ers are the obvious favorites.

If KC wins, it wouldn’t be surprising. They are defending Superbowl champs after all.

If Detroit wins, it would be surprising. Detroit doesn’t have a good defense. Golf isn’t good under pressure and San Fran definitely can pressure. Also, Golf isn’t good on the road.  San Fran should wipe the floor today. If my Lions upset comes true, what does that say about 49ers?

Hopefully both games are close, whatever the result is.

The Lions defense is 2nd against the run, it's going to be interesting to see them vs McCaffrey. They are also 27th against the pass 😲

Ravens vs Lions for the rematch ;)

Go Rat Birds!

anyone else see Travis kelce during warmups go over and toss Justin Tuckers helmet, ball holder etc.  lol.  Kickers get no respect.   Gonna be a good game.   

What’s the over under on how many times we see and hear about Taylor Swift today?

Well at least somebody's going home in the AFC. That's the only positive I can come up with. I'll go with Ravens because I'll be sick of another KC SB. But if Mahomes can break thru the Ravens defense, I'll give him credit and the Chiefs will deserve it.