Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread 2023: SUPER BOWL LVIII (58) ~ Chiefs vs. 49ers

zCommander

48 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

I am not sure who to feel more sorry for, the Eagles or poor Patrick Mahomes, so sad seeing him in a tantrum at the end of the game :806:

Looks like EB may have had more value to KC than he has with us. 

Eagles were ripe for a fall. Their confidence turned to hubris. Unfortunately in today’s NFL, players can’t mental handle a “wake TF up, you ain’t ****” speech.  They have to learn the hard way. 

Edited by Leonard Washington
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Professor_Nutter_Butter said:

Please remind me if there was this much uproar about McLaurin's offsides last season as there appears to be for Toney's offsides. If not, this just because KC is the darling of the league?

Yes...And to see Mahomes crying about it...dude, the rules apply to your team too. 

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, Professor_Nutter_Butter said:

Please remind me if there was this much uproar about McLaurin's offsides last season as there appears to be for Toney's offsides. If not, this just because KC is the darling of the league?

There was some outcry, but it happened to us and Dan still owned the team, and we weren't really good, so nobody really cared.  It wasn't a national story mostly because neither team was really worth anything so there wasn't a reason to get hot and bothered about it.

But McLaurin CHECKED with the official and the official said ok and then flagged him.  THAT is what pissed me off about it.  

In this case, Toney just lined up entirely off-sides.  

4 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Yes...And to see Mahomes crying about it...dude, the rules apply to your team too. 

I think Mahomes just went bananas because he knows his WRs are complete and total trash, he is tired of throwing perfect balls and having them turn into INTs or drops, they had a game won, and his idiot WR couldn't bother to get lined up remotely on-sides.  

And he just had temporary insanity.  And he can't very well lash out at Toney, so he snapped went went bananas against the refs.

I like Mahomes.  Now that his brother has been squared away off-screen, he's a likable guy and a great QB.  

I like him a lot more than Allen.  And I hate Bills Mafia.  They got away with one there.  Not because of the refs, but because Toney apparenlty can't figure out a straight line.  

• Like 2

Toney wasn't just offsides... he was like half a foot past the ball LOL!!! Mahomes is crying that the ref didn't notify him to get back. I mean... are they supposed to? When was the last time a ref told a D-Lineman "Son, you're in the neutral zone... better back off a bit."

The Eagles and Chiefs are both getting servings of well-deserved humble pie.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

the fan base appears to be blaming the refs and he is saying the players have plenty of blame and their losses are on them 

So, basically the fanbase is echoing Mahomes and not what actually happened on-field. Even afterward, when it became more than obvious that the flag was thrown well before Kelce's moment of "greatness." His own WR was lined-up offsides, yet Mahomes to continue to say the game shouldn't have been determined by a flag. He even whined to Josh Allen after the game about it. 

He needs to call out his own QB for this foolishness, privately. 

3 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

There was some outcry, but it happened to us and Dan still owned the team, and we weren't really good, so nobody really cared.  It wasn't a national story mostly because neither team was really worth anything so there wasn't a reason to get hot and bothered about it.

But McLaurin CHECKED with the official and the official said ok and then flagged him.  THAT is what pissed me off about it.  

In this case, Toney just lined up entirely off-sides.  

I think Mahomes just went bananas because he knows his WRs are complete and total trash, he is tired of throwing perfect balls and having them turn into INTs or drops, they had a game won, and his idiot WR couldn't bother to get lined up remotely on-sides.  

And he just had temporary insanity.  And he can't very well lash out at Toney, so he snapped went went bananas against the refs.

I like Mahomes.  Now that his brother has been squared away off-screen, he's a likable guy and a great QB.  

I like him a lot more than Allen.  And I hate Bills Mafia.  They got away with one there.  Not because of the refs, but because Toney apparenlty can't figure out a straight line.  

We can trade Terry to KC.

• Haha 1

Mahomes had no problem with a ticky tack call last year

Some people on X were saying that he was doing this to take the heat off Toney. I don't think so. You tell Allen congrats and good game. Not something like your win didn't mean Jack

Just read this and thought it was ironic but funny. Carl Cheffers was the ref who threw the flag. In 2017 the NFL fined Kelce for saying that Cheffers should not be wearing the stripes. Said he shouldn't even be working at Foot Locker.

Edited by BleedBNG
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BleedBNG said:

Mahomes had no problem with a ticky tack call last year

Some people on X were saying that he was doing this to take the heat off Toney. I don't think so. You tell Allen congrats and good game. Not something like your win didn't mean Jack

Just read this and thought it was ironic but funny. Carl Cheffers was the ref who threw the flag. Last year the NFL fined Kelce for saying that Cheffers should not be wearing the stripes. Said he shouldn't even be working at Foot Locker.

Haha! There is the slow motion I was talking about!

I don't know what it worse: the meltdown or the fact that its over the correct call.

Anyways, we get to watch the Giants. If they win, they tank their draft. If they lose, we get to watch them lose. Win/win!

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I'm not one to argue that a lot of NFL rules should be changed, but the out of bounds situation that the Packers-Giants game just went through seems needlessly hard. Commentators say the rule is that the ball is positioned where it crosses when the ball goes across the out of bounds line, regardless of where the player steps. That doesn't make sense to me. If a player is dancing along the sidelines to avoid getting pushed out, if he swings his football carrying arm over the sideline, is that where the play gets blown dead because it crossed the line? If it isn't there, why should it be different when jumping out of bounds?

4 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

I'm not one to argue that a lot of NFL rules should be changed, but the out of bounds situation that the Packers-Giants game just went through seems needlessly hard. Commentators say the rule is that the ball is positioned where it crosses when the ball goes across the out of bounds line, regardless of where the player steps. That doesn't make sense to me. If a player is dancing along the sidelines to avoid getting pushed out, if he swings his football carrying arm over the sideline, is that where the play gets blown dead because it crossed the line? If it isn't there, why should it be different when jumping out of bounds?

Yeah its pretty confusing, the commentators and ref explaining it seemed contrary to what the on field refs called it. They also changed their mind pretty quick too, from short of the line to a 1st down.