Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023 Offseason Mini Camp, OTA’s, Training Camp Discussion Thread: Hallelujah, Josh Harris & Co. Era Edition

Conn

2 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I know it has been a window dressing QB competition for a few weeks, but I don’t think that was the case when OTAs started. Although everyone hoped and planned for Howell to win the job it wasn’t a guaranteed deal.

I agree that there was more of a legit competition than people let on.  Howell very well could have crashed and burned.  

26 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I know it has been a window dressing QB competition for a few weeks, but I don’t think that was the case when OTAs started. Although everyone hoped and planned for Howell to win the job it wasn’t a guaranteed deal.

I still think Howell is much better than most here realize. We are gonna find out. 

It was in Howells hands. He could certainly have played himself out of the job. He seems to have done much better than just not calling on his face, consistent reporting that he’s been consistently good and developing.

It could all still go wrong when the games matter - but I think we can be cautiously optimistic about Sam going into the season. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Going Commando said:

At this point incremental improvement and maintenance is what is called for.  We're not trying to jump from three wins to 10.  We're jumping from 8 wins to 10. 

Your posts about Rivera make so much more sense with this context, if this is what you expect a regime going into its fourth season to be aiming for and accomplishing. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, dyst said:

Is the Andre Jones hype overblown or do we have a hall of fame inductee on our hands 

It’s not overblown. He looked good in the Baltimore practices…

Not as good as the reports today indicate…

But he’s going against our OL, so, take it for what it’s worth.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

33 minutes ago, KDawg said:

It’s not overblown. He looked good in the Baltimore practices…

Not as good as the reports today indicate…

But he’s going against our OL, so, take it for what it’s worth.

I believe he's played mostly L-DE.  So I gather a lot of action against Wylie?   I think any of us can get 2-3 sacks a practice against Wylie let alone a professional player drafted in the 7th round. 😎

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

Damn, I'm not sure who to target in my PPR fantasy league - B Rob or Gibson. :) I guess I'll go with whomever falls the furthest. I like Turner and Bates, but do hope Curtis Hodges gets in on the action. He is underrated IMO.

Based on camp reports I'd ride with Robinson.  Latest indications seem to be that Hodges doesn't make the roster -- Armah seems to be more likely the 4th TE-FB.

• Like 1