Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

Just now, skinsarethebest said:

Howell essentially sat for an entire season (except for 1 game where he started) and it seems like it did him no good.

Which reflects poorly on him more  than it suggests that sitting is not valuable (which it can be for a competent QB with an aptitude for learning, which Howell does not seem to be) 

I don’t think this is fair. He looked fine for 10ish overall games. He had a few clunkers. But the body of work was fine.

When the season got long (longer than college) and the hits continued to add up and he started to see ghosts because his OC refused to run the ball to a 66% pass rate despite the worst OL in football… things spiraled out of control. 

Howell can’t be the guy going into the season, but context always matters.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, RWJ said:

He sucked before Ben Johnson transformed his career and he was traded along with a 1st round pick to acquire Stafford and is much younger than Stafford.  I disagree respectfully.  

He never sucked except his rookie year under Jeff Fisher. He made multiple Pro Bowls and a Super Bowl under Mcvay. They traded him for Stafford but no he does not suck. You’re just flat wrong. Look up his numbers.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

He never sucked except his rookie year under Jeff Fisher. He made multiple Pro Bowls and a Super Bowl under Mcvay. They traded him for Stafford but no he does not suck. You’re just flat wrong. Look up his numbers.

WH, McVay traded like George Allen and the "Future is Now" with him.  He was disappointed in Goff's numbers and wanted to win thus the trade with the Rams.  Jared Goff and a trio of premium draft picks, a third rounder in 2021 and first-round choices in 2022 and 2023 per Matthew Stafford-Jared Goff trade details: Breaking down players involved in win-win Lions, Rams blockbuster | Sporting News.  May I suggest that you take the time to prove your points as I have mine.  Good day.  :)  

Goff's stats during that time:

image.png.a314fa2e36fe6cf3680a641c69f3fd25.png

@Warhead36 Now, stats from an OC that changed his career around for the better: By the way 3rd column in both stats are TDs and 4th are INTs.  

image.png.89ab15618b52f494d3a0024e9aadbc5c.png

• Like 1

So, uh… I tried googling and no one has a time…

The internet keeps saying “January 15th” is the deadline to declare for the draft.

I’m assuming that means by 11:59pm tomorrow ON Jan 15th and not tonight at 11:59PM. 

Right?

19 minutes ago, RWJ said:

WH, McVay traded like George Allen and the "Future is Now" with him.  He was disappointed in Goff's numbers and wanted to win thus the trade with the Rams.  Jared Goff and a trio of premium draft picks, a third rounder in 2021 and first-round choices in 2022 and 2023 per Matthew Stafford-Jared Goff trade details: Breaking down players involved in win-win Lions, Rams blockbuster | Sporting News.  May I suggest that you take the time to prove your points as I have mine.  Good day.  :)  

Goff's stats during that time:

image.png.a314fa2e36fe6cf3680a641c69f3fd25.png

@Warhead36 Now, stats from an OC that changed his career around for the better: By the way 3rd column in both stats are TDs and 4th are INTs.  

image.png.89ab15618b52f494d3a0024e9aadbc5c.png

You said he sucked. Those numbers are not sucking. Youre right he has played even better under Johnson but youre trying to argue Goff was some complete scrub to score points for Howell when he wasnt. And you didnt list Goffs 2017 or 2018 when he made two Pro Bowls and a Super Bowl.

Howells numbers are nowhere near those “bad” Goff numbers.

Edited by Warhead36

9 minutes ago, KDawg said:

So, uh… I tried googling and no one has a time…

The internet keeps saying “January 15th” is the deadline to declare for the draft.

I’m assuming that means by 11:59pm tomorrow ON Jan 15th and not tonight at 11:59PM. 

Right?

Don’t know but someone here must have Caleb’s cell and let him know before it’s too late 

Don’t know how reliable this person is as a source 

5 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Gives me Rg3 vibes with how Hes already focused so much on his brand. 

Gimmie Maye paired with Johnson and we run the East for a decade. 

We agree on this.  

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Don’t know but someone here must have Caleb’s cell and let him know before it’s too late 

Don’t know how reliable this person is as a source 

Imagine if the deadline were before January 15th. 

3 minutes ago, DazedSkinsfan said:

I know I asked this question a while back and it's been discussed and I just can't find it,  but once again,  which current NFL QB does Maye compare best to?? I'm seeing a little bit of Jordan Love maybe?? Maybe I'm way off

That's not a bad comp.  I could go with that.  A Burrow comp has also been made which feels pretty good too.  I still like my Josh Allen comp because I think there is a similar vein of fearlessness in the way Drake runs and throws, but Allen is a bigger and stronger athlete and less precise of a player.  But he way Drake jumped over that defensive player in the Duke game was pure Josh Allen.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Going Commando said:

That's not a bad comp.  I could go with that.  A Burrow comp has also been made which feels pretty good too.  I still like my Josh Allen comp because I think there is a similar vein of fearlessness in the way Drake runs and throws, but Allen is a bigger and stronger athlete and less precise of a player.  But he way Drake jumped over that defensive player in the Duke game was pure Josh Allen.

I didn't want to say it but there is something about him that reminds me a little bit of Allen. That's why he's shot up to QB1 on my wish list, the more i watch of him the more I like.  So many skills and traits that compare to successful QBs in the league.  

9 minutes ago, DazedSkinsfan said:

I know I asked this question a while back and it's been discussed and I just can't find it,  but once again,  which current NFL QB does Maye compare best to?? I'm seeing a little bit of Jordan Love maybe?? Maybe I'm way off

The most predominant comp out there is probably Justin Herbert. Herbert is a little bigger (though I think Maye is still growing into his body), but they have a similar skill set according to most. 

I actually brought up the Jordan Love comp a dozen or so pages ago and think he’s closer to that than anyone else, at least from what I’ve seen. He’s obviously a much cleaner prospect than Love, but all we can do is cross our fingers and hope he can develop into the sort of player Love is today - with an even higher ceiling. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

The most predominant comp out there is probably Justin Herbert. Herbert is a little bigger (though I think Maye is still growing into his body), but they have a similar skill set according to most. 

I actually brought up the Jordan Love comp a dozen or so pages ago and think he’s closer to that than anyone else, at least from what I’ve seen. He’s obviously a much cleaner prospect than Love, but all we can do is cross our fingers and hope he can develop into the sort of player Love is today - with an even higher ceiling. 

It really does make the prospect of getting someone like Johnson in hear as head coach and pairing him up with Maye very exciting.  I know Detroit has a ton of talent on offense but damn what he's done with that talent and with Goff is amazing 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, DazedSkinsfan said:

It really does make the prospect of getting someone like Johnson in hear as head coach and pairing him up with Maye very exciting.  I know Detroit has a ton of talent on offense but damn what he's done with that talent and with Goff is amazing 

They had guys wide open all over the field,, Dallas had 2 receivers right next to each other in the end zone.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I’m way behind on the Caleb Williams declaring or not declaring thing.  Has he declared?  

Not yet. Deadline is today. I assume that means 11:59PM or we would have heard a ton about it by now. 

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Not yet. Deadline is today. I assume that means 11:59PM or we would have heard a ton about it by now. 

I don't see much chance of him not declaring.

If he did not and Maye goes with the 1st pick, is Daniels the #2 QB and Washington's selection?

11 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

I don't see much chance of him not declaring.

If he did not and Maye goes with the 1st pick, is Daniels the #2 QB and Washington's selection?

I've been asking this the last few days.

I think he's declaring, too. But, until he does...

I don't know about Daniels. I would need to spend time with it if that scenario went down. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

I've been asking this the last few days.

I think he's declaring, too. But, until he does...

I don't know about Daniels. I would need to spend time with it if that scenario went down. 

While many on the board will just answer yes take Daniels, I am with you. I also can see the analytics side of the new regime thinking hard at small trade back to gather draft capital while selecting a different QB. Of course it would mean the organization would need to be comfortable with another option. 

• Like 1

My understanding of declaring for the NFL draft is that it's not by default a public process. He doesn't have to pull a Michael Scott and yell loudly to nobody in particular "I declare bankruptcy!" It's paperwork filed to the NFL by his agent. Usually players or their agent say something on Twitter or put out a PR to generate excitement for their guy. But there is no requirement to announce it to media by today, and Caleb doesn't need to generate excitement, he's already the de facto 1/1. So he may have already submitted his paperwork. Unless there is a leak out of the NFL office we wouldn't necessarily know.