Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

4 hours ago, DWinzit said:

I think Peters will want to hold at 36 expecting a value faller then look to trade out at 40 for a later 2nd and more picks.

The main faller I will be keeping an eye on is D Robinson.

There's a lot of like surrounding Jordan Morgan. It leads to this question:

If Jordan Morgan does fall to 36, are we better taking him or holding off and taking Paul. Kiran or Sumataia or someone else later.

The issue I have with D Robinson is isn’t he just the same type of DE we have three times over already in Armstrong, Ferrell and Obada? If we get a DE, I’d rather try to get the explosive type who can win quick

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Going Commando said:

This is my IOL ranking:

1 - Jackson Powers Johnson
2 - Cooper Beebe
3 - Christian Haynes
4 - Sedrick Van Pran
5 - Mason McCormick
6 - Zak Zinter
7 - Beaux Limmer
8 - Christian Mahogany
9 - Kingsley Eguakun
10 - Zach Frazier

This is not a deep IOL class.  It's going to be bolstered by OTs that end up playing inside, but even still, I struggled to find 10 players with top 100 viability.

I'd have Frazier at 3 and Limmer at 4. Not sure why you're so down on Frazier.

Zinter might be the best IOL in the group and might be there in the 4rth.

9 minutes ago, method man said:

The issue I have with D Robinson is isn’t he just the same type of DE we have three times over already in Armstrong, Ferrell and Obada? If we get a DE, I’d rather try to get the explosive type who can win quick

This is a fair point but the other side of that is if that’s the type of DE we want and our plan is to generate pass rush from LBs than wouldn’t you want guys to fit that vision who are younger, cheaper, and better upside than Armstrong, Ferrell, and Obada? It’s drafting for 1-2 years down the line.

22 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I think Frazier is just a guy and I don't really see what is special about him.  I like his nastiness, but that's about it.  Good balance and power but his body and his reading and movement skills feel very mediocre to me.  He's not bad, I'm going to have him towards the end of the top 100, and I've got him as a fourth round value.

Yeah I think Zinter will be there in the fourth because of his injury, but if he were fully healthy, I think I would have him as a late second round talent.  Probable somewhere between 55-75.  He's a king-sized guard and should be able to single block NFL IDLs.  He's got super sticky hands and is a very controlled, fundamentally excellent player.  I thought his film had the most clean reps of the IOLs this year.  I'm assuming his leg will heal and he'll be ready to go as a rookie, and if that's the case, then I think he will be an immediate starter.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, method man said:

I agree, not explosive enough. 

Spent last night and most of today rewatching the WRs, so here is my final list.  This is of course the defintive guide to the quality of these WRs, no need to look or read anything else about these players after this post.  😎

This isn't me guessing where they land but where I'd rank them, I know am different on a bunch of these guys than some mock drafters

Screen Shot 2024-04-20 at 2.31.36 PM.png

Screen Shot 2024-04-20 at 3.09.01 PM.png

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 4
  • Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, method man said:

I am a big fan of his game strength and versatility. He can be be moved all around and not only get at the QB but control the run. 

If we go speed guy I'd rather they hold off and look to a Elliss type, I see him as a future disruptive source. Also looks they have interest in Jalyx Hunt for that type of player. I am also liking Solomon a little later.

3 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I am actually hoping Zinter isn't passing all his physicals yet and it drops his value for this year to a 5th. What a steal for the future! 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Spent last night and most of today rewatching the WRs, so here is my final list.  This is of course the defintive guide to the quality of these WRs, no need to look or read anything else about these players after this post.  😎

This isn't me guessing where they land but where I'd rank them, I know am different on a bunch of these guys than some mock drafters

Screen Shot 2024-04-20 at 2.31.36 PM.png

Screen Shot 2024-04-20 at 2.36.07 PM.png

Really like the list SIP!  Glad to see Ainias Smith get some love. 

I like the WR's who have versatility, like Smith and Isaiah Williams. 

I also like Anthony Gould who has that versatility.  In fact, I drafted him for Miami @ #184 in our mock draft.

It wouldn't break my heart if they drafted Rice, either.

:229:The Rook

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, The Rook said:

I also like Anthony Gould who has that versatility.  In fact, I drafted him for Miami @ #184 in our mock draft.

It wouldn't break my heart if they drafted Rice, either.

I had to stop somewhere so I didn't rank Gould.

I have my notes next to the WRs above the ranking, for Ainias Smith, he was maybe my most fun watch among the Wrs I've rewatched today.   Baller.  Before the rewatch Malik Washington was ahead of him on my list, they are similar type players, but on the rewatch I prefered Ainias.  I wish he was faster but other than that he plays with a lot of energy, tone setter, great hands, YAC -- high floor slot player and can return kicks.

I watched some interviews of the receivers and Rice really was impressive to me on that front.   Decent player.  Don't love him but he keeps getting better every year and with a strong work ethic which he seems to have, he can perhaps continue to improve.  Good size, good traits, good hands. In the 4th round range, I'd be good with it.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Yep that's why I want Chop. He fits that Quinn prototype to a tee and a year learning from Dante Fowler would be huge.

Sure, I think lots of us would like Chop. But the odds of him making it to 36 are very slim. We aren’t the only team in search of highly explosive EDGE players who can create insta-pressure to combat all the quick passing games out there. And the idea of trading up for a player who won’t directly support the new QB (e.g., an OT or a WR or Bowers) is a non-starter for me. 

I think the tougher question is what do we do at EDGE if/when Chop is gone. I don’t see a lot of that speed rusher archetype with the burst and the bend in the mid-rounds.

Braswell is the only one who really comes close to that description in the 36/40 range. And I’m not sold there — to me, he’s a good-not-great athlete. Like him more in a heavy 3-4 OLB role like Baltimore. 

After that? I think you’re looking at rounds 3-5, the guys like Jonah Elliss, Mohamed Kamara, Jalyx Hunt. Which I’m okay with, but lots of folks seem dead-set on us taking an EDGE at 36/40.

24 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

John Morgan III Arkansas Edge is a player that really interests me on Day 3.

this is the day 3 guy we could be keen on…

• Javontae Jean-Baptiste, EDGE, Notre Dame
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, e16bball said:

I think you’re looking at rounds 3-5, the guys like Jonah Elliss, Mohamed Kamara, Jalyx Hunt. Which I’m okay with, but lots of folks seem dead-set on us taking an EDGE at 36/40.

Yup, that's the group I think they are looking to Edge and by the 3rd or 4th round for sure

2 hours ago, The Rook said:

I am a big fan of Smith if they don't hit on a WR the first 2 days! Love what he can offer with gadgets play and the return game where he is very good. He does not drop balls, tough little guy, he is so steady and very good YAC.

Edited by DWinzit
  • Like 2

Blake Corum is the best zone runner I've ever seen at the college level.  His vision and creativity are as elite as elite gets, and I don't care how old he is.  He's going to be in my top 25, and I think he's going to be one of the best players in the NFL early in his career.  He's also the best RB that Michigan has ever had, and was far and away the best player on Michigan's stacked team.  JJ McCarthy got to play in a backfield with prime Barry Sanders.

Here's my RB rankings:

1 - Blake Corum
2 - Jonathan Brooks
3 - Audric Estime
4 - Trey Benson
5 - Kendall Milton
6 - Cody Schrader
7 - Tyrone Tracy
8 - Jaylen Wright
9 - Bucky Irving
10 - Marhsawn Lloyd
11 - Ray Davis

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

Blake Corum is the best zone runner I've ever seen at the college level.  His vision and creativity are as elite as elite gets, and I don't care how old he is.  He's going to be in my top 25, and I think he's going to be one of the best players in the NFL early in his career.  He's also the best RB that Michigan has ever had, and was far and away the best player on Michigan's stacked team.  JJ McCarthy got to play in a backfield with prime Barry Sanders.

Here's my RB rankings:

1 - Blake Corum
2 - Jonathan Brooks
3 - Audric Estime
4 - Trey Benson
5 - Kendall Milton
6 - Cody Schrader
7 - Tyrone Tracy
8 - Jaylen Wright
9 - Bucky Irving
10 - Marhsawn Lloyd
11 - Ray Davis

I wonder if Harbaugh takes him with their early 3rd?  Heck, if he's as highly rated as you have him, LAC should take him with their early 2nd.  Jim knows him more than anyone would.

6 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

this is the day 3 guy we could be keen on…

• Javontae Jean-Baptiste, EDGE, Notre Dame

Talked to him over FaceTime for a few minutes. Nice kid

12 hours ago, seantaylor=god said:

This is a fair point but the other side of that is if that’s the type of DE we want and our plan is to generate pass rush from LBs than wouldn’t you want guys to fit that vision who are younger, cheaper, and better upside than Armstrong, Ferrell, and Obada? It’s drafting for 1-2 years down the line.

Well you’ve already paid Armstrong big money to be a starter. I am absolutely fine punting on weaker positions in this class like EDGE and TE until next year and focusing and doubling down on deeper positions like OT, WR and CB instead

• Like 5

7 hours ago, method man said:

Well you’ve already paid Armstrong big money to be a starter. I am absolutely fine punting on weaker positions in this class like EDGE and TE until next year and focusing and doubling down on deeper positions like OT, WR and CB instead

I can see the draft falls to us in terms of being able to double down on T, (maybe one begin at G) and CB/S.

Also walking away with a solid WR by the end of day 2.

That's taking advantage of the draft to match up with the new QB!

I don't believe they are in a position to pass on TE. Depending on the QB chosen they will need a dependable blocking TE or one that can be used as a solid weapon. Of course one with the capabilities would be the best solution 

I'm also not sure they will ignore EDGE, I could definitely see a day 3 EDGE/LB and possibly a LB

I fully expect them to trade back at least once to gain picks. I anticipate a RB being drafted at some point as well.

Edited by DWinzit

9 hours ago, method man said:

Rome wasn't built in a day and OT, WR and CB are all, arguably, "needs" just like EDGE and TE. So, we should take advantage of the quality available at these positions instead of reaching for for EDGE or TE.  Still, I want to be excited about the picks in the first 100 - no more of the "what the heck" or "he must have a plan because I don't see it".    

Bates had the highest block win rate in the NFL his rookie year, before EB came in and forgot what blocking was. 

I'm sure the coaching staff we've assembled knows how to use him. 

Ertz is a great veteran TE to have as well. I don't think TE is much of a "need" this year, although I do think we draft one.

11 hours ago, mhd24 said:

I wonder if Harbaugh takes him with their early 3rd?  Heck, if he's as highly rated as you have him, LAC should take him with their early 2nd.  Jim knows him more than anyone would.

I think he's going to go in the second round, and then hindsight will set in pretty quickly with him that he should have been a first rounder, like with Jonathan Taylor.  But if he makes it to round three, I want us to draft him.  Don't care that we've got Ekeler and BRob, he's better than both of them today, and probably far better over a window of the next four years.

I honestly don't think I've ever seen someone with better vision, instincts, and elusiveness at the college level.  I'm way too young for OK St Barry, but that's what he feels like. I do remember MJD at UCLA, and Corum was way better.  Definitely never seen anyone reverse field and string together moves as efficiently as him.  And his big play finishing is as special as it ever gets.  His toolkit is massive and I think he can star in either gap or zone heavy schemes.

It's kind of incredible that he's going under the radar.  He's one of the faces of the sport, and was a historic player on a National Champion with tons of fans in the football media.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PlayAction said:

Rome wasn't built in a day and OT, WR and CB are all, arguably, "needs" just like EDGE and TE. So, we should take advantage of the quality available at these positions instead of reaching for for EDGE or TE.  Still, I want to be excited about the picks in the first 100 - no more of the "what the heck" or "he must have a plan because I don't see it".    

Last year the draft thread regulars would have had a better draft than the RonMart clown show. Should give Ron a plastic kids toy phone so he can pretend to dial the wrong numbers again and make incredibly awkward conversations again.

• Like 2

Seen a mock that had the Bears move up from #9 for MHJ. I can see them strongly considering a top WR to add to that already stacked group.

Caleb Williams and MHJ would be the definitive way to win the draft right.