Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

The only clear absolute holes that I can see right now are at QB, LT, CB, FS.

Three of those are still addressable in FA pretty easily.

Quan could play SHFS and we draft a slot CB3 in the 3rd.

We're going QB at 2.

So, even if I don't like it, I can see buying into the mid first for LT, but I'd rather sit and wait for Paul to hit 36.

We'll still need depth at just about every position and they could all use work, but for absolute holes, that's how I see it.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

The only clear absolute holes that I can see right now are at QB, LT, CB, FS.

I’m going to add WR to that. We need another quality receiver.

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Apparently we were only one of three teams not to attend his pro day. Likely didn’t see any point, just bring him in. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RWJ said:

Guyton is raw but his athletics is off the charts.  A freak some have said.  Give him time a good coaching and he may be a great player.  

He's far from being one of the fastest of these LTs.  But he can sink his hips well -- good agility.  Not a great pass protector or run blocker but when he wins he looks great, really fluid.  Definitiely a project who could turn out well but I'd rather have a high floor player like Morgan everything being equal.

I am ok with projects but in the 2nd round my fav project in that range is Paul.  Kiran, Kinglsley, Paul, Guyton all could turn out great.  But its hard for me to make a call on them because lol i know nothing about molding an O lineman.  i would trust an O line coach guru like Callahan figure something like this out.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He's far from being one of the fastest of these LTs.  But he can sink his hips well -- good agility.  Not a great pass protector or run blocker but when he wins he looks great, really fluid.  Definitiely a project who could turn out well but I'd rather have a high floor player like Morgan everything being equal.

I am ok with projects but in the 2nd round my fav project in that range in Paul.  Kiran, Kinglsley, Paul, Guyton all could turn out great.  But its hard for me to make a call on them because lol i know nothing about molding an O lineman.  i would trust an O line coach guru like Callahan figure something like this out.

As you can see in my sig who is after QB.  I have had him there for a long time now.  :)  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I’m going to add WR to that. We need another quality receiver.

Apparently we were only one of three teams not to attend his pro day. Likely didn’t see any point, just bring him in. 

I wouldn't call it a hole at all. We only lost Samuels and it was a strong position group last year. 

I'm not saying that it's not upgradable or a strength. TMac is great and Dotson is alright. We got production from Pringle and **** last year. We have no QB or LT on the roster and don't have a CB1 or FS either. We have WRs.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I wouldn't call it a hole at all. We only lost Samuels and it was a strong position group last year. 

I'm not saying that it's not upgradable or a strength. TMac is great and Dotson is alright. We got production from Pringle and **** last year. We have no QB or LT on the roster and don't have a CB1 or FS either. We have WRs.

Agree,

QB

LT

CB1

FS

WR2/3

4 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Agree,

QB

LT

CB1

FS

WR2/3

TE. Errz is not an answer. By the way the more I watch Jared Wiley the more I see a young Logan Thomas if Thomas's shift to TE had occurred in college. Similar bodies and athleticism.

Edited by Rolo Tomasie

4 minutes ago, Rolo Tomasie said:

TE. Errz is not an answer. By the way the more I watch Jared Wiley the more I see a young Logan Thomas if Thomas's shift to TE had occurred in college. Similar bodies and athleticism.

Well Sinnott in the 3rd is the answer. But it’s not a ‘desperate’ need compared to the others…

• Like 3

Personally, I’m finding it somewhat difficult to rank corner/FS/TE/WR, and I might even add DL to that mix because of a number of questions/variables.  Clearly we could stand to add a quality starter and depth at most of those positions.

Corner - What scheme do we run?  Can Forbes/St Juste be coached up?  Will an improved pass rush up their game?  Will Quan man the slot?  Does the scheme help any of our backend guys like Holmes?

FS - Is this a good spot for Forrest?  For Quan?  Is a competition between them (and Butler) enough?  Can Butler be coached up (he certainly has the speed anyway) to trust as the backup FS?

TE - How much does Ertz have left?  Will Rogers be healthy?  Will Turner learn some nuance from Ertz and coaches?  How will the scheme feature TEs?

WR - How much improvement do we see from Dotson?  Where’s our depth?

DL - Our DT depth is somewhat questionable (even with Armstrong/Obada taking snaps there).

I think right now, I’d rank it corner, WR, TE, DL, corner again, and then FS.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skinny21 said:

Corner - What scheme do we run?  Can Forbes/St Juste be coached up?  Will an improved pass rush up their game?

I think right now, I’d rank it corner, WR, TE, DL, corner again, and then FS.

Yeah- if we are planning on running press man, we probably need a bunch of corners, maybe ST Juste can do it but Forbes would be pretty  much useless there. 

CB is a huge need. I hope we address it in FA and the draft.

• Like 2

Secondary help has to be #1. I saw them get burned over and over last year. I don't think we can rely on any of the guys we have now.

LT is second.

*edit* Obviously QB is #1 I don't think that is a question. These are after that.

Edited by abdcskins

2 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Who cares, they’ve all been flushed out.

Some of us do.  You can move along now, mate.  :)

Edited by RWJ
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb down 1

Unless we trade for a vet we sure look backed into a corner at LT. It would actually be great if we could get a QB and LT in the first round of this draft. Plenty of possible outcomes in terms of trade scenarios….

3 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

Unless we trade for a vet we sure look backed into a corner at LT. It would actually be great if we could get a QB and LT in the first round of this draft. Plenty of possible outcomes in terms of trade scenarios….

This is where I'm at as well. Is Trent Scott still on the roster?

LT is the biggest hole and hardest to fill. I don't see a legit answer in FA.

The other part of T that I find frustrating is T in general. It appears we are going in with Wylie as the RT.

Doesn't that feel like a hole?

LT and RT along with CB/FS, WR, TE and of course QB

Edited by DWinzit

3 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

This is where I'm at as well. Is Trent Scott still on the roster?

LT is the biggest hole and hardest to fill. I don't see a legit answer in FA.

The other part of T that I find frustrating is T in general. It appears we are going in with Wylie as the RT.

Doesn't that feel like a hole?

LT and RT along with CB/FS, WR, TE and of course QB

There is a big difference between "hole" and "weakness". You can split hairs all the way down the roster to Jon Allen not getting the production he's capable of, but it doesn't make it a hole. 

There's a lot of spots that we need to upgrade, but LT and QB are our only real "holes"

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

There is a big difference between "hole" and "weakness". You can split hairs all the way down the roster to Jon Allen not getting the production he's capable of, but it doesn't make it a hole. 

There's a lot of spots that we need to upgrade, but LT and QB are our only real "holes"

True, but I had must more faith in Leno than I did in Wylie.To me RT was much more of a need than LT prior to hearing of Leno's unfortunate hip injury

2 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

True, but I had must more faith in Leno than I did in Wylie.To me RT was much more of a need than LT prior to hearing of Leno's unfortunate hip injury

I assumed Wylie would be moved to LG and I've always backed Leno, but hearing about the hip, it makes total sense.