Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

7 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Kyle Hamilton looking sensational at times. Oh the draft isn’t that complicated sometimes is it.

Yep. I liked him but he’s a dude that got some pushback on the draft thread. 

Great college player. Great NFL player. 

He brings the perfect skill set for todays NFL. Consideriing how much Ron loved talking about the value of the Buffalo nickel it’s ironic he passed over two college studs at his pick with JOK one year and Hamilton in another 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, HTTSkins said:

Watching Kyle Hamilton today hurts me and so am so glad Paddleboat and Snyder are out of my damn life! Why did we never make an impact pick??? Unbelievable 

This is why I hate the FO coach centric approach. It rarely ever works and it seems like when it does it’s because they have a good to great QB.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Now back to SF, Aiyuk and Deebo aren't tall, 6 foot but they are physical players. 

Speaking of SF, they KC may be fishing in our pool during the draft,  They REALLY need to replace their RT Taylor and also would probably like a WR like Xavier Legette. 

:229:The Rook

Edited by The Rook
oops - Alcohol vapor lock

4 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Hamilton was a slam dunk blue chipper but we just had to trade down so we could pick an undersized slot WR who cant catch

He's a good example of people losing perspective on the supremacy of tape as evidence for projection and getting lost in a bunch of vastly less relevant data points.  People convinced themselves he couldn't cover because of his short shuttle time and his 40.  NFL people and influential draftniks, not just people on message boards.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Detroit has done very well drafting recently. Sewell and Hutchinson were slam dunks but they’ve taken some good swings. Coaching and motivation play a big role as well. Love Laporte, like Campbell, like McNeil. 

Edited by OtisDriftwood25
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

Detroit has done very well drafting recently. Sewell and Hutchinson were slam dunks but they’ve taken some good swings. Coaching and motivation play a big role as well. Love Laporte, like Campbell, like McNeil. 

They drafted a favorite of mine back in 2022 with LB Malcolm Rodriguez. I look forward to seeing their results for this upcoming draft. I'm very happy for them and the city.

3 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

They drafted a favorite of mine back in 2022 with LB Malcolm Rodriguez. I look forward to seeing their results for this upcoming draft. I'm very happy for them and the city.

And one of mine the year prior LB Derrick Barnes who was injured so couldn't play yesterday.

Also Branch not getting listed, he would have been a great fit in DC

If BJ leaves Detroit it will be interesting to see what occurs with QB Hendon Hooker since I'd guess he was BJ's pick

• Thumb up 1

11 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

And one of mine the year prior LB Derrick Barnes who was injured so couldn't play yesterday.

If BJ leaves Detroit it will be interesting to see what occurs with QB Hendon Hooker since I'd guess he was BJ's pick

Why would he have been BJ’s pick? Is there any record of him having any say in personnel?

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Why would he have been BJ’s pick? Is there any record of him having any say in personnel?

Assumption on my behalf that the OC would have a say of some sort in a QB.

I don't think that's outlandish even if it sounds that way after what we Danny has put the team through over the past 2 decades. 

22 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Love Barnes too. I took him in our ES GM Mock Draft that year actually :)

Edited by Chump Bailey
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Assumption on my behalf that the OC would have a say of some sort in a QB.

I don't think that's outlandish even if it sounds that way after what we Danny has put the team through over the past 2 decades. 

You’d usually ask your OC for their grade on him but unless it’s a later round pick you wouldn’t normally see a “pet project” type situation with a guy you know is leaving. Johnson was already turning down HC opportunities last offseason before that draft, so it was clear if things went well he’d be gone sooner than later. He took one last ride with DET basically. 

Nothing that interesting about Hooker imo, besides the fact he’s missed a ton of time due to injury and won’t get a chance to start in DET, he’s 26 now. He was never taken to be the future there outside of being a lottery pick, he’s more likely a backup candidate for the last couple years of his rookie deal. But he’s still steadily on their injury report. So it’s not like they know what they have in him with this Goff decision looming. 

Edited by Conn

4 minutes ago, Conn said:

You’d usually ask your OC for their grade on him but unless it’s a later round pick you wouldn’t normally see a “pet project” type situation with a guy you know is leaving. Johnson was already turning down HC opportunities last offseason before that draft, so it was clear if things went well he’d be gone sooner than later. He took one last ride with DET basically. 

Nothing that interesting about Hooker imo, besides the fact he’s missed a ton of time due to injury and won’t get a chance to start in DET, he’s 26 now. He was never taken to be the future there outside of being a lottery pick, he’s more likely a backup candidate for the last couple years of his rookie deal. But he’s still steadily on their injury report. So it’s not like they know what they have in him with this Goff decision looming. 

They took a calculated risk taking a pretty highly graded out QB who is a little older and with a known injury with recovery time. I liked his college play. Gives him that year of sitting and learning with the NFL staff and players. Perhaps he is only a backup. He has a year under BJ's tutelage and could be in play for Washington's roster if he becomes a FA in a couple years. 

Man I wish this was a stronger RB draft. 36 would be a great spot to pick up an electric playmaker. Although with how good Gibbs has been for the Lions(yesterday's fumble aside)I can see teams now taking RB in the 1st more often. Get a stud for 5 years dirt cheap then let em go before you have to pay em.

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Man I wish this was a stronger RB draft. 36 would be a great spot to pick up an electric playmaker. Although with how good Gibbs has been for the Lions(yesterday's fumble aside)I can see teams now taking RB in the 1st more often. Get a stud for 5 years dirt cheap then let em go before you have to pay em.

We have two bulls for our backfield with decent hands but BRob is quicker and faster.  All I can say is Blake Corum seems like the closest player in the mold of Jahmyr Gibbs of Detroit off the top of my head.  RB and Gibb's style so important in a Johnson scheme if he's the choice for HC.  

7 minutes ago, RWJ said:

We have two bulls for our backfield with decent hands but BRob is quicker and faster.  All I can say is Blake Corum seems like the closest player in the mold of Jahmyr Gibbs of Detroit off the top of my head.  RB and Gibb's style so important in a Johnson scheme if he's the choice for HC.  

We haven't had a RB break a run of 40 or more yards since Derrius Guice.

I like Robinson but we need a gamebreaker.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

We haven't had a RB break a run of 40 or more yards since Derrius Guice.

I like Robinson but we need a gamebreaker.

Derrius Guice?  Flop, Bro.  So many issues I don't even count him.  Give me some Blake Corum all day long but Harbaugh will be going full steam ahead to draft him, I'm sure.  :) 

2 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Derrius Guice?  Flop, Bro.  So many issues I don't even count him.  Give me some Blake Corum all day long but Harbaugh will be going full steam ahead to draft him, I'm sure.  :) 

That's my point. Guice was how many years ago? And we haven't had one single RB break a run of 40 yards or more since.

40 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

It's not bad IMO at RB.  Missing those headliners, though.  But a bunch of B to B plus type prospects IMO.   I think that late round 3rd or early 4th could be a prime spot.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise