Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

5 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Hypothetical ... but if we somehow managed to make our way up to #3 and let's just say the Giants end up at #5. 

Would you trade them #3 knowing they're going to come up and draft a QB at #3?

They're the main team behind us that would definitely need/want a QB that would still keep us in range of getting Fashanu.

Trade them #3 for #5 and #37 and maybe a 2025 2nd round pick? We get Fashanu, an extra #2 and a future 2nd/3rd?

I would, assuming that would be Daniels, not Maye at that pick. But if anything I might ask for more, since that pick would presumably be for the last QB people are thinking of as elite-ish, because it's within our division, and because Harrison almost certainly goes 4. So value charts go out the window. We're auctioning off a premium pick.

For the record, us picking 3 and NY picking 5 seems virtually impossible NY would have to win a game to be separated by more than one spot, so Arizona has to win 2 games for starters.

I love that scenario.  Think of what San Francisco traded for a Quarterback.  Remember.  New regime.  We might be able to fill a few holes on the offensive line through free agency.  I do not see much out there, but there are a few guards and who knows.  If we get a RT we can shift Wylie to guard where he might be somewhat adequate.

1 minute ago, gooseneck said:

I love that scenario.  Think of what San Francisco traded for a Quarterback.  Remember.  New regime.  We might be able to fill a few holes on the offensive line through free agency.  I do not see much out there, but there are a few guards and who knows.  If we get a RT we can shift Wylie to guard where he might be somewhat adequate.

If Wylie gets to walk back into the training complex after this season, I’ll be really upset.  That dude could literally be replaced by a traffic cone 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Thumb up 2

4 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

If Wylie gets to walk back into the training complex after this season, I’ll be really upset.  That dude could literally be replaced by a traffic cone 

Unless Wylie is a cancer in the locker room we should bring him back.  We lose all the money. anyway.  Even if he was an adequate back up, it makes sense.

Just now, gooseneck said:

Unless Wylie is a cancer in the locker room we should bring him back.  We lose all the money. anyway.  Even if he was an adequate back up, it makes sense.

What example are you setting as new leadership when you allow an obvious talent albatross to collect a check?  We have to reset the talent floor while simultaneously accumulating top tier talent.  If done right, what’s currently our top tier talent will organically shift to our middle while pushing the existing floor out.  We are talent starved and no talent having vets should seek greener pastures elsewhere

7 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

What example are you setting as new leadership when you allow an obvious talent albatross to collect a check?  We have to reset the talent floor while simultaneously accumulating top tier talent.  If done right, what’s currently our top tier talent will organically shift to our middle while pushing the existing floor out.  We are talent starved and no talent having vets should seek greener pastures elsewhere

"talent albatross".....great line.  Can't not hear and see Cleese yelling albatross Live at the Hollywood Bowl.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Screen Shot 2023-12-07 at 2.09.20 PM.png

The media doesn't do a good job of breaking this down. One would assume (hope?) these players' reps are spelling this out for them.

1. It's not a matter of taking NIL money or taking an NFL contract. You can get endorsement money either way. You'll almost certainly get more as a pro player. It's being talked about as if it's either/or, when in fact it's just taking likely less NIL money so you can turn down big money from he NFL on top of it. 

2. Whether these guys come out now, next year, or the year after, they still have to sign a 4 year rookie contract, with a 5th year option. SO, waiting just means you'll enter Free Agency a year later, thus giving up a year of top of market money in your prime. For a guy like Harrison, looking at 5 years of inflation, that is likely $30+ mil and who knows how much in guarantees. Again, he'd be giving that up for nothing, financially speaking. 

There may be reasons for guys to stay in school another year, but financially it is nothing but  major downside, and it's not being reported accurately. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gooseneck said:

I have never seen a less sound argument for anything in my life.

”Unless Wylie sucks the life from everyone’s very soul, it’s okay that he is horrendous. He needs to be back…”

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

”Unless Wylie sucks the life from everyone’s very soul, it’s okay that he is horrendous. He needs to be back…”

I get this some. But we are committed financially nest year at least. Fix Tackle and he is a very good G to have. Just saying.

Just now, clskinsfan said:

I get this some. But we are committed financially nest year at least. Fix Tackle and he is a very good G to have. Just saying.

We have to keep some players because of the dead cap space.  He can be a backup as an OG, yes.  Totally up to the new GM and cap guru whoever that will be.  

10 minutes ago, RWJ said:

We have to keep some players because of the dead cap space.  He can be a backup as an OG, yes.  Totally up to the new GM and cap guru whoever that will be.  

Problem is cutting his is basically the same as keeping him financially. You keep him as a swing guy. 

30 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Interested how you find it unsound.  Is this something you feel or is there any logic behind it.  It would not be the first time an out of position player came back and did a respectable job.  I think it would be a horrible example to make a rash decision because everyone is irritated at this dysfunctional season.  Bring him back, let him compete.

Only QB we should look to draft, if we have a shot at one and I am a Sam Howell fan BIG time is Jayden Daniels.  No other.  Only shot we have is IF we make it to #3 or possibly #2 but we need to lose out and need help from teams to win.  Also, the new GM has to be all in on it.  

1 minute ago, gooseneck said:

Interested how you find it unsound.  Is this something you feel or is there any logic behind it.  It would not be the first time an out of position player came back and did a respectable job.  I think it would be a horrible example to make a rash decision because everyone is irritated at this dysfunctional season.  Bring him back, let him compete.

I don’t think he is very good. He’s slow footed and clumsy. He lacks power and his technique is inconsistent. He also lacks the anchor you want to see.

I think he loses absolutely any bit of value he may have had as soon as Bienemy is gone.

2 minutes ago, gooseneck said:

I know this wasn’t directed at me, but I just couldn’t resist…these Pros get paid to perform…not to be nice guys.  And it’s definitely a performance driven league.  I have no desire to see Wylie suck at another position when we have the ability to replace him.  We’ll have plenty of cap space…eating his dead money is more than marginally bette than hangin on to him.  If we’re that desperate next season that we need a stiff, I’m sure he’ll be available…can’t see him gettin run anywhere at this point in his career.  

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

Who are yoi gonna replace him with at his cap number though? Wylie os not a great tackle. Bur he is respectable at guard.

He may be respectful at G…I haven’t seen him play there enough to make that call.  I just think it’s bad business to keep overpaid talent based on salary alone.  I’d rip off the bandaid and draft his replacement.  We can also sign depth via udfa and free agency.  We’re well under the cap.  Sending him packing and signing a replacement sends a winning message.  Keeping him bc he’s potentially good depth at that price tag keeps us a middling franchise.  

• Like 2