Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

2 hours ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

Concerning the OT and all 3. I'm reminded by the okung/trent williams debacle where trent was this super athlete who had a down year with the potential to be better than okung and okung was the "better, safer pick" who would immediately be a great lt.

We picked right when it came to trent and we have a pretty good history drafting linemen, tackles. Give me the guy who has the ability to be tje best lt in the game with a little flaw over the clean prospect who will be good at lt.

I think they’ll both be high end tackles. But Fashanu has a bit more anger. I like anger in the OL. But if you told me Fashanu went earlier and we got Alt I’d still be ecstatic.

The problem with Fuaga is he plays on the right side. For us, that might be okay. If they feel him at RT> other choices I’d be fine.

Give me any of them. 

25 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Powerful dude, watching that game.  Thought I want a J. Gibbs, Achane type.

FA is typically weak for tackle.  But good enough for interior.

Edge has been sneaky good in recent years in FA. 

Estime fits the Kansas City mold of downhill attacking runner. But we may be looking for an entirely different kind of back next year.

I don’t know that I’m going to be able to go as deep in the dive this year… lots going on… but I plan on putting a lot of focus on OL, LB, RB, TE and as always QB just because…

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I don’t know that I’m going to be able to go as deep in the dive this year… lots going on… but I plan on putting a lot of focus on OL, LB, RB, TE and as always QB just because…

Yeah for me, too, but I'll have some time for a spell soon so I might dive in.  I haven't watched as many college games this year as I typically do.

I plan to go to town on those same spots, clearly O line the most.  lol, I did it last year but it was a waste of time.  This time I suspect it won't be a waste of time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

Estime fits the Kansas City mold of downhill attacking runner. But we may be looking for an entirely different kind of back next year.

Its going to be a really deep RB class this year. Just watching the speed and vision of the backs in college right now impresses me. I like Robinson. But his vision is awful. It really is. But when he sees the hole he is brutal. I would be looking to use one of the 3rd rounders on a dynamic back. Maybe someone like Bucky Irving.

As far as deep dives I will be doing the same as you. Except I am going to dive deep into Edge this off season as well. We are going to have to draft at least one of them. Even if we add one FA.

Just now, Riggo#44 said:

Dude is an animal. But can you imagine if we spent another 1st round pick on defense?? I'd rather not see this board...

I usually see him as a late first, early second. 

Adding him with our Bears 2nd and signing a high end Vet LBer would have our front 7 looking like the 49ers.

• Like 1

On 11/3/2023 at 11:28 AM, Warhead36 said:

The good teams invest consistently into the OL. Doesn't necessarily have to be high picks every year, but you gotta consistently infuse that position with young talent. Its a high injury rate position and having even one weak link can devastate your offense.

I do miss those early 2000s lines with Samuels/Jansen/Thomas/Dockery/Rabach. You had a stud in Samuels and  the rest were rock solid at the least. Man could that line blow people up.

Even the mid teens lines with Williams, Scherff, and Moses were pretty darn good.

You are remembering the early 2000s line differently from me. I remember Rabach being a real weak link and trash

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

I usually see him as a late first, early second. 

Adding him with our Bears 2nd and signing a high end Vet LBer would have our front 7 looking like the 49ers.

Is Ridgeway a good enough starterto potentially trade Allen or Payne this offseason?  Assume you get a really good offer, e.g., either a first round pick in the 2024 draft, or a second and third round pick in the 2024 draft; or a second round pick in the 2024 draft and a second round pick in the 2025 draft.    

40 minutes ago, PlayAction said:

Is Ridgeway a good enough starterto potentially trade Allen or Payne this offseason?  Assume you get a really good offer, e.g., either a first round pick in the 2024 draft, or a second and third round pick in the 2024 draft; or a second round pick in the 2024 draft and a second round pick in the 2025 draft.    

I would consider moving Allen. Payne is at his best playing the 3 tech. 

58 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Sadly, our defense is worse than our offense right now and with a ****load of holes that need filled.

We cannot pass on the tackle crop for a LB. There will be backers later. We will find them in this very thread. Stay tuned.

• Thumb up 1

4 hours ago, PlayAction said:

Ridgeway is a low level starter as a run defender, but he will give very little as a pass rusher.  Just not his game.

Watching Penix and Williams go against each other is fun. I am not sure Williams is far and away better than Penix. USC is clearly the better team today so far. But the QB's are very close to each other.

Woah what a play from Penix. Beastly!!

Edited by clskinsfan

14 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Watching Penix and Williams go against each other is fun. I am not sure Williams is far and away better than Penix. USC is clearly the better team today so far. But the QB's are very close to each other.

I think Penix is every bit as good as Williams. Just doesn’t have the hype machine behind him.

At least that’s my current stance. Haven’t watched enough nuance yet to claim it to be a final thought. But that’s where I am.

• Like 2

Just now, KDawg said:

I think Penix is every bit as good as Williams. Just doesn’t have the hype machine behind him.

At least that’s my current stance. Haven’t watched enough nuance yet to claim it to be a final thought. But that’s where I am.

Bro that last TD pass was sick. The entire play. How do you defend that? Sick. 

6 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Bro that last TD pass was sick. The entire play. How do you defend that? Sick. 

Well, you start but staying in your rush lane if you’re the DE, because then Penix doesn’t get out there to make that play.

Other than that, not much you can do. 

• Like 1

Just now, KDawg said:

Well, you start but staying in your rush lane if you’re the DE, because then Penix doesn’t get out there to make that play.

Other than that, not much you can do. 

Being a lefty has something to do with it too I think. He just outran the contain and drilled a 30 yarder to the back pylon. Ridiculous. 

2 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

Wow, in four plays USC is down to the 2 yard line.  Is Washington's defense just that bad?

Both defenses are pretty bad. Thing is that is modern football. It is an offensive game now. The rules make it that way. On defense it is all about turnovers now. Get them and you win.