Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

3 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

Mental gymnastics?  No, you guys were just wrong about how bad the OL is.  The mental gymnastics going on here are you all convincing yourselves that there is some likely path for Sam Howell to survive a full regime change.  That's just not a take based in reality.  He's not a 10 year vet Kirk Cousins who is going to be throwing for 300 yards and 4 TDs in thrilling losses.  This defense isn't crap.  If Sam plays well enough to show any kind of promise for the future, then the team will win a ton of games and everyone calling for Rivera to be fired won't have a leg to stand on.  They share the same fate here.

Okay.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Going Commando said:

Mental gymnastics?  No, you guys were just wrong about how bad the OL is.  The mental gymnastics going on here are you all convincing yourselves that there is some likely path for Sam Howell to survive a full regime change.  That's just not a take based in reality.  He's not a 10 year vet Kirk Cousins who is going to be throwing for 300 yards and 4 TDs in thrilling losses.  This defense isn't crap.  If Sam plays well enough to show any kind of promise for the future, then the team will win a ton of games and everyone calling for Rivera to be fired won't have a leg to stand on.  They share the same fate here.

I don't know if you are wrong or right, but guess what ... neither do you. 

There are too many variables to predict an absolute future "reality": 

Sam Howell's play - could be fairly good but very promising at the end of the season.

Josh Norman's mindset - maybe he wants a coaching and/or GM change regardless of record.

Maybe a new HC or GM wants a new QB regardless of record.

Maybe a new HC or GM wants to keep Howell regardless of record. 

All of these are possible futures.  I can appreciate your opinion, but your attitude of it absolutely being the only "reality", while dismissing any other, comes off as high hatted.

Clint Eastwood Country GIF by GritTV

:229:The Rook

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, The Rook said:

I don't know if you are wrong or right, but guess what ... neither do you. 

No ****.  I thought the fact that we're all making predictions based on our opinions was obvious and understood without having to be explicitly stated in every discussion.  When I say things like "that's not a take based in reality" I'm arguing that X outcome is immensely less probable than Y outcome.  The interesting claim--the one worth discussion--is the disagreement on probability, not possibility.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

No ****.  I thought the fact that we're all making predictions based on our opinions was obvious and understood without having to be explicitly stated in every discussion.  When I say things like "that's not a take based in reality" I'm arguing that X outcome is immensely less probable than Y outcome.  The interesting claim--the one worth discussion--is the disagreement on probability, not possibility.

Your probabilities are just possibilities, too.

I can appreciate your opinion, but your attitude of it absolutely being the only "reality", while dismissing any other, comes off as high hatted.

Good day, sir.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/16/2023 at 6:36 PM, Going Commando said:

I'm with most of the others in believing you are totally wrong. If the season ended today the new staff will have enough to believe they can roll with Sam, providing they don't end up with a top 2 pick which I know is not possible in my scenario.  I mean if they finish say 7-10 they won't have the ability to draft a top QB prospect anyway.  So again baring a complete meltdown by Sam what other viable options would the new FO have?  A retread?  A reach in the draft while again ignoring the OT situation?  

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

But on cue makes a big play after I criticize 

Man that was a fun game to watch, not a fan of either team but I was rooting for Florida State.  Seeing the kicking situation at Clemson makes me smile, screw that program they have won enough.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I'm with most of the others in believing you are totally wrong. If the season ended today the new staff will have enough to believe they can roll with Sam, providing they don't end up with a top 2 pick which I know is not possible in my scenario.  I mean if they finish say 7-10 they won't have the ability to draft a top QB prospect anyway.  So again baring a complete meltdown by Sam what other viable options would the new FO have?  A retread?  A reach in the draft while again ignoring the OT situation?  

If Sam plays well, how does everyone think this team will finish 7-10?  Where is the point of failure?  This is what I don't understand.

14 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

If Sam plays well, how does everyone think this team will finish 7-10?  Where is the point of failure?  This is what I don't understand.

Because there are still a lot of holes on this roster and a head coach who does not have a great career win/loss record. I can totally see a scenario where he plays well yet they still have a losing record. But he plays well enough to keep his job. In fact I kind of would be shocked if he wasn't our starting QB next season. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

No.  Met their match means it would be somewhat close.

This is a proper full on ass kicking of epic proportions. 

Shut up Prime.  

True - the constant fluffing of Colorado the past two weeks has been over the top.  Glad to see them coming back to 🌎 

image.gif

1 hour ago, Going Commando said:

You can have good QB play without enough support that could put a ceiling on a team.  We played two teams who aren't good at bringing pressure yet we've given up the 2nd most sacks in the NFL.

I am not saying this O line doesn't rise to the occasion and get better and deal with teams like Dallas and SF well.  I doubt they do.  But its an X factor we don't know yet.

Howell can flash and the team still might not make the playoffs.  I agree Howell playing well will create a floor -- they won't suck in that context.  But they might not make the playoffs either.

Buffalo should be interesting tomorrow.  If I recall they aren't hot either as to bringing pressure.  If I recall 3 sacks so far?  But they are better at it than Denver and Arizona.

Screen Shot 2023-09-23 at 12.01.36 PM.png

Edited by Skinsinparadise

8 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

You can have good QB play without enough support that could put a ceiling on a team.  We played two teams who aren't good at bringing pressure yet we've given up the 2nd most sacks in the NFL.

I am not saying this O line doesn't rise to the occasion and get better and deal with teams like Dallas and SF well.  I doubt they do.  But its an X factor we don't know yet.

Howell can flash and the team still might not make the playoffs.  I agree Howell playing well will create a floor -- they won't suck in that context.  But they might not make the playoffs either.

Buffalo should be interesting tomorrow.  If I recall they aren't hot either as to bringing pressure.  If I recall 3 sacks so far?  But they are better at it than Denver and Arizona.

Screen Shot 2023-09-23 at 12.01.36 PM.png

They have apparently not been blitzing much so far this season and that cost them against the Jets as Zach Wilson is the worst QB in the league against pressure. Knowing Sam likes to hold the ball, I wonder if they bring 5 or 6 a lot more

4 hours ago, method man said:

They have apparently not been blitzing much so far this season and that cost them against the Jets as Zach Wilson is the worst QB in the league against pressure. Knowing Sam likes to hold the ball, I wonder if they bring 5 or 6 a lot more

Be interesting.  Denver and Arizona, teams that aren't normally good at bringing heat, could do it with 4 rushing mostly.