Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023 NFL Draft Watch and Post Thread - The Hangover Special

KDawg

I would like to see a thread where posters would use final list of the picks and the original team draft order and list who they would've preferred selected.  No trading, just the original 16, 47, 97, 118, 150, 193, 215, 233 slots.

Talking Season 3 GIF by The Simpsons

:229:The Rook

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

17 minutes ago, The Rook said:

I would like to see a thread where posters would use final list of the picks and the original team draft order and list who they would've preferred selected.  No trading, just the original 16, 47, 97, 118, 150, 193, 215, 233 slots.

Talking Season 3 GIF by The Simpsons

:229:The Rook

We did that last year.  Good idea. I am too exhausted to do it now 😎.  Off the top of my head, while i like some of their picks, i don't think anyone of them would have been my preferred player at that spot -- maybe Stromberg but i got to go back and revist who was available.  Quan Martin and Stromberg were on my top 20 my guys list.  So no quibble about those picks.

Digesting this draft some and listetning to Ron Rivera's presser, Braeden Daniels intrigues me and he might be the big wiildcard for me in this draft.  i have plenty of confidence in Forbes, Martin, Stromberg.   But after that it feels more uncertain -- which is common for the later round players.

Braeden was a guy I'd mention every now and then on the draft thread when watching tackles because he was so smooth in pass protection.  Reminded me of a poor man's Anton Harrison.  Good in past protect but a work in progess as to being physical against the run -- which was the opposite of the ESPN snippet about the pick -- but PFF scores and @KDawg backed me up on that point so that's plenty good enough for me.

33 inch arms isn't hot for LT but passable for RT.   Cosmi for example is 33.  But I was intrigued hearing Rivera say tackle might be the ticket for Daniels and their O line coach felt confident he'd be good after fixing some foot work issues.

Like Forbes, Daniels needs to add 10-15 pounds.  I was thinking he needs to be a guard where he doesn't have to bulk up as much and his arm length isn't suited to LT.  But if they are thinking tackle, I am more intrigued because he looked good at LT in pass protect.

I am good with Daniels at guard but I am intrigued that they are intrigued with him at tackle.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 5

42 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Thanks. I am aware though.  I posted the same tweet awhile ago.

That's plagiarism.  But don't worry, I looked, and that's the only thing that we don't have a rule against. Jeebus, you ever read all that stuff? You so much as fart the wrong oder around here and you'll be ground under the iron heel of oppression. 

Hell, the head guy here uses apic of an irritated  Darth Vader (a picture of Vader doesn't need to be oversold, it's ****ing Vader, man) because a regular pic of Vader isn't emphatic enough for him.

Then it just gets worse by age of mod as you go down the mod staff list. And I do mean "down", social status-wise, for these stiflers of brilliant and witty pontificating, the jealous louts. Fortunately, I have a duplicate account if this one gets banned.

• Haha 7

Just watched 4 games of Rodriguez.  And watched an interview.

I'll post tomorrow on the Chris Rodriguez thread.  Shame on me for watching in depth almost every talked about RB in this draft and then some, but not him.  I didn't dive in on him because he was billed as a power rusher -- and i got the impression, apparently false impression that they didn't want to double up on having another power back in the mode of Brian Robinson.

Coming from a dude who loved Dameon Pierce the previous draft, I liked Robinson too but liked Pierce more.  This dude is a blast.  Not quite Pierce but in that mode.  Pierce runs with a mean streak.  Robinson runs with force-power but he's not mean.   Rodriguez is mean.  It brings me back to Bieiniemy's press conference when he told McLaurin afterward, he wants some nasty out of this offense.  Rodriguez fits that to a tee.

His O line stunk.  It was a narrative that some might recall about Levis, too -- he had to deal with a terrible O line.  So opposing defenses penetrated -- but Rodriguez would break tackle after tackle.  On a bunch of plays, the defense needed 3-4 guys to bring him down.    Really good vision, contact balance, decisive. 

He has to have some really strong legs to drag defenders the way he does on some plays.

The game against Vanderbilt was in particular fun.  He wasn't as good against Georgia but you can see him just fight for every inch he can even though his O line was blown up on play afer play.  One one play it seemed like Georgia needed their whole defense to bring him down.  I show some of that with the clips 

Screen Shot 2023-04-29 at 10.46.34 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-04-29 at 10.46.42 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-04-29 at 10.46.49 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-04-29 at 10.46.56 PM.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

14 minutes ago, RWJ said:

We DB'd this draft as it's a passing league now so RR and Co. did what they had to do and fix the secondary for picks.  All in all a decent draft.  :) 

Like don't rain on my negativity man. Take off your rose colored glasses and let me bat that red plastic cup of pollyanna punch out of your mitt.

Face the empty uselessness of your existence overall, and specifically  how this front office drained whatever meagre hope you held onto in unforgivable delusion that the one thing you cared for more than children, spouses, and jobs, would be headed in a better direction.

I'm afraid that's all our time today.

I'll see you same time next week.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

5 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

Like don't rain on my negativity man. Take off your rose colored glasses and let me bat that red plastic cup of pollyanna punch out of your mitt.

Face the empty uselessness of your existence overall, and specifically  how this front office drained whatever meagre hope you held onto in unforgivable delusion that the one thing you cared for more than children, spouses, and jobs, would be headed in a better direction.

Jumbo, I posted a complement post, bro!  What up?  

Now with CR Jr. and The AF RB it makes me wonder if EB with think about using Gibby more as a Samuel type player.  More of a WR than RB. 

6 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Jumbo, I posted a complement post, bro!  What up?  

Don't try to play head games with me. There's no one in there who'll answer the door you're knocking on.

It doesn't matter what you said or didn't say or meant. It only matters what I say. I don't have to know what I meant or didn't  mean or intended to possibly mean. 

And's not how you spell "compliment"

YOU LOSE!!!

• Haha 6

11 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

Face the empty uselessness of your existence overall specifically  how this front office drained whatever meagre hope you held onto in unforgivable delusion that the one thing you cared more than children, spouses, and jobs, would be headed in a better direction.

Jumbo, you are absolutely in rare form today. I needed that laugh.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

That's plagiarism.  But don't worry, I looked, and that's the only thing that we don't have a rule against. Jeebus, you ever read all that stuff? You so much as fart the wrong oder around here and you'll be ground under the iron heel of oppression. 

I do actually read it.  :ols:  

I got a sick obsession with reading about, listening about and watching football.    😢

My work is very cyclical.  Basically 4-5 months of hell every 2 years, 16 hour days, non-stop.  But in the odd years, like now, its not too intense.  So I got plenty of time on my hands right now.

Because of what i do for a living, so many people i am in contact with want to talk politics with me -- that I've learned to hate it and I am beyond burnt out on the subject.   I've never made a single post on the subject on the board, on the thread where its allowed, outside of the rare times that what I do overlaps with the team -- like the stadium quest, etc.   So in my spare time, I am all sports.  

I try to keep this pure fun for me -- but heck sometimes my angst can show up -- when buttons are pushed -- or I focus on how Dan has ruined my team.  :ols:

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3