Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mod Notice: Temp Ban if Post on Changing the Name. Per New York Times: Dan Syder Agrees to Sell Washingon Commaders for $6B

Reaper Skins

9 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Maybe Jason is really good at managing people and just ****ty at organizing Sean Taylor tributes on a week’s notice.

Yeah, I think he gets a lot of blame from some that he doesn't deserve.  I believe the Sean Taylor "statue" was designed by Sean's daughter, and presented at the request of the family.  If so, the media botched the reporting of it.  Of course, I read that on the internet, so that story may not be accurate, either.  I take it all with a grain of salt and try not to let this kind of stuff ruin my day.  I don't really know much about what Wright has either succeeded or failed at in his time with the team, but I do think some folks are over the top in their "hate" of the guy.  I think the new ownership will probably make its own assessment of Wright based on what they actually see, rather than internet gossip.

• Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Maybe Jason is really good at managing people and just ****ty at organizing Sean Taylor tributes on a week’s notice.

I don't hate Wright and he seems to be a decent person...a rarity during the Snyder regime.

However,  the number of SNAFUS on his watch can't be ignored. Either he is totally incompetent, not a good fit for this job, or had responsibilities that he wasn't qualified for dumped on him by Snyder.  It's likely more of the latter two reasons.

• Thanks 1

I still firmly believe Josh has a plan and has an idea of who he wants to implement those plans.  Once it's official on 7/20, my guess all he will say is that 2023 will be an observation year.  We will just observe and see what is working and what isn't working this year.  Then after the season, if we need to make changes; we will make necessary changes.

So, I change my stance in that; he won't reveal what he will do and just watch the team this year.   He will tell Jason and Ron that, that this year they will be evaluated to see what their futures maybe.  He won't promise them anything one way or another; just basically saying this year is an audition for them.

I expect Jason to talk big all through season but to crushed in January when he's let go.  

16 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I wonder if the team will keep ES around.

I have spoken to the key principals and used my mix of cognitive science -influenced dialectic manipulation and Bene' Gesserit training to assure them that we are not the kind of droids they would ever need to look for.

And I'm allowed to end sentences with prepositions because of these abilities.

You're welcome. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 14
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 5

3 hours ago, Jumbo said:

I have spoken to the key principals and used my mix of cognitive science -influenced dialectic manipulation and Bene' Gesserit training to assure them that we are not the kind of droids they would ever need to look for.

You're welcome. 

youre-sogood-analyze-this.gif

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Jumbo said:

You're welcome. 

All of us being fans of this team the last two decades:

IMG_3282.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1

22 hours ago, Number 44 said:

Yeah, I think he gets a lot of blame from some that he doesn't deserve.  I believe the Sean Taylor "statue" was designed by Sean's daughter, and presented at the request of the family.  If so, the media botched the reporting of it.  Of course, I read that on the internet, so that story may not be accurate, either.  I take it all with a grain of salt and try not to let this kind of stuff ruin my day.  I don't really know much about what Wright has either succeeded or failed at in his time with the team, but I do think some folks are over the top in their "hate" of the guy.  

London Flecther disagrees with you. ☺️

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

What's more staggering to me is that anyone thinks a man spending $6 billion dollars on a sports franchise will hold the exact same opinion and views that cynical fans do lol...

Who’s being cynical ?

What still needs to happen after the 20th?

I know a league vote makes it a slam dunk, but will there be a time period of funding and contractual procedures before Harris actually takes control of the team, or does the 20th mark the transfer of ownership? 

56 minutes ago, moboy36 said:

What still needs to happen after the 20th?

I know a league vote makes it a slam dunk, but will there be a time period of funding and contractual procedures before Harris actually takes control of the team, or does the 20th mark the transfer of ownership? 

In past sales the vote is the final step. Harris could hold a press conference on the 21st

• Thanks 1