Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Things you've experienced that you can't explain.

Spaceman Spiff

In 2012, I was in Costa Rica and working on self-development and healing depression/trauma through meditation and studying neuroscience. While working through some heavy stuff, I came to a deep realization that I was both myself and everything around me. That I/We realization caused something to click inside me and gave me crazy sensitivity and synesthesia, followed by waves of pure euphoria, better than any kind of drug I've tried before.

All day, the euphoria kept building and building, feeling like black chains of liquid pleasure wrapping all around my body. It started affecting my mind and behavior, and then it started effecting the people and especially women around me. Pure pleasure was radiating and leaking out of me and women who became aware of me started responding to it as well in strange ways. While at lunch, I locked eyes with a waitress and my mind started creating this picture of us walking towards each other and smoothing into each others arms and when I came too, everything I'd imagined was actually happening. It was so amazing/crazy that I had to pull away, while doing my best to play it off because I was worried about getting her in trouble at work and I didn't want to violate my marriage.

The attention felt like I'd become a super model, but the pull I was creating was deeper and more primal. I kept having to avoid creating these moments of connection or push away the impulse to seduce random women at the airport. The female guard searching me kept running her hands over my body, then while waiting to board this woman left her husband and started hitting on my dad and then this one guy who looked a little off/disabled started freaking out and had to be handled by security. All the craziness was stressing me out so I did my best to contain everything going on inside me and control myself till I got back home.

After the day was finished, much of the euphoria and stuff started calming down, but something had forever changed inside me. It's been over 10 years now since that experience and ever since, I feel a constant charge of electricity all over my body. Like when I touch my skin, I feel conductivity first, then skin. But, I can also read the charge via interoception and create micro push/pull force with it. For 5 years I've been dealing with terrible physical injuries and nerve damage from a weight lifting accident that doctors can't fix, but I have almost fixed it myself with this ability I gained and the hours of work I've put into developing it. 

Edited by Fresh8686
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 5

Well, ****.  I start this thread and then @Fresh8686 is in here talking about how he found the glow like he's in the Last Dragon or a goddamn superhero or something and I'm about to tell you about a baseball card.  I feel like an idiot, but whatever.

The impetus for this thread occured yesterday and it's not nearly as cool or interesting as what he described.  But it's weird and I'm still wondering WTF happened.

In late January, I went to the post office to send a shirt back that I'd ordered and didn't fit all that well.  And since I absolutely hate going to the post office, I thought, "****it, I might as well send a baseball card in to get graded at PSA, kill two birds with one stone."  Yes, I'm middle aged and in the past few years I've re-ignited my childhood love of collecting cards.  You guys can laugh at me but I know I'm not the only one here.

Anyway, I have this antique trunk in my office where I keep some of them, the good ones.  I opened it up, started flipping through them and found this Shohei Ohtani card that's numbered 258/299 and looked pretty cool so I thought I'd send that one in.

Now, to send in a card to get graded at PSA, you have to log on to their website, fill out some forms, print them off and put them in your package along with the card.  It's kind of annoying, but it's not that bad.  So I filled out the forms, grabbed them off the printer, grabbed the Ohtani card, the shirt that I needed to return and hauled off to the post office.

Once there, I bought a bubble mailer for the card, and following their directions, packaged it up by putting the paperwork inside with the card and then had the person at the checkout attach this little bar code thing to the outside of the bubble mailer with some tape.  Sent the card off and sent the shirt off.  But when woman behind the counter asked if I wanted tracking for the packages I only opted for tracking for the shirt and not the package with the Ohtani card.  

I'm not sure why I did that.  I remember walking out of the post office and saying to myself, "You ****ing idiot, why'd you do that?  You always, always, always get tracking for everything."  But I didn't think much of it after that.  PSA sends you an email once your package arrives and I've never had anything get lost in the mail before.  The receipt that I got with the tracking number for the shirt and the rest of the transaction has long since been discarded but I know the shirt arrived at its destination.

But the card never arrived at PSA.  And I thought about it off and on over the past couple months, kind of kicking myself for not getting a tracking number and chalking it up to being lost.  When I check the mailbox, I wonder if I'll get the package sent back to me or something, but that's never happened.

Yesterday, I opened up the trunk to look at some cards and put some newer ones away.  I picked up a stack of cards and BOOM, the Ohtani card is there, like the 4th or 5th one in the stack.  And it's not like I had duplicates of it, it was numbered /299 so the likelihood of having two of them would be super rare.  And how I have things organized in there, if there was a duplicate it'd be in that same stack.

****ing weird, right?  Here's where it gets a little weirder.  

The PSA website tracks all of the cards someone sends in for grading under your account.  It also tracks forms that you've started but failed to complete for whatever reason.  Once you fill out the form, you've got 30 days to send everything in or it falls into this "incomplete" category.  Over the past 3 years, there are six entries where I got lazy, didn't complete the form and didn't send anything in.  It's all good, they don't charge you until the grading process is complete.  Here's the list of incomplete forms:

image.thumb.png.0b2736b4fbc3d6d28b9f3185b4eab99c.png

Yeah, there's a delete button there next to them, but there's no reason to have deleted anything.  As you can see, the last time I didn't complete a submission was in August of last year.  There was no incomplete form from this past January.  For awhile yesterday I was thinking, "Maybe your mind is playing tricks on you, maybe you sent out a different card instead," but there's no record of that.

Seriously, what the ****? Then I was wondering, "Did I even send it out?  How can this be happening?"  I swear I printed off those forms, put that card in the mailer and sent it off.  And I know for a fact that I sent stuff off that day, the shirt got returned.  There's an email in my inbox that tells me the company received it.  

I checked my printer history earlier this morning:

image.thumb.png.6575f1f70425a6072487cf88853485cf.png

The top one, I believe, is the return printing label for the shirt.  The bottom two are clearly PSA submission forms (you need to print two separate things).  I checked to see if I saved it as a PDF on my computer before printing but I didn't.  Looks like I just printed it right off the website.

So, at the VERY least there should be an incomplete form on their website in my account history on the PSA site since I took the time to start the forms and print them off but there isn't. 

I don't really know how to explain it.  

Edited by Spaceman Spiff
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Pretty sure I've seen a UFO...twice.

1st time: while in high school. Early Saturday morning (like 7:00 am) went to my high school to kick around a soccer ball into the goal set up on the field (nobody was around except me). After about 10 minutes I laid on the ground with the soccer ball beneath my head and just looked up at the sky. I soon saw an airplane flying waaay up in the sky--or at least I told myself it was an airplane. I saw two small lights that I assumed were on the tips of the plane wings, and just absent-mindedly followed the lights with my eyes while I thought about a bunch of everyday things.

Suddenly, both of the "airplane" lights shot off at right angles away from each other, and accelerated at phenomenal speeds until they both disappeared within about 2 seconds. I pivoted my head left and right looking for the small lights, but couldn't find them anywhere. I remember smiling and trying to comprehend what I just saw. Then just shook my head and kept kicking the soccer ball around.

2nd time: Working nights as a janitor, I had several buildings I had to clean between 10 pm and 5 am. Late one night I showed up at a building I was cleaning for the first time, and it was kind of isolated...lots of trees around the parking lot and not too many other buildings nearby, and no lights. When I pulled up I was a bit nervous to go to the front door because it felt dangerous and I felt vulnerable--it was almost completely dark in the parking lot--but of course, I did go.

While trying to quickly open the front door something must have caught my eye in my peripheral vision and I looked up. Then I kept staring...after a few seconds, I noticed that the entire sky seemed to move verrrry slowly--not just clouds (there were very few if any clouds) but the stars. I kept staring trying to figure out what exactly I was seeing and why...and as I scanned the sky I noticed it wasn't really that the stars and sky were moving above me, but that there was this sort of "outline" that was moving way up in the sky, and whatever it outlined was transparent--I could see the stars through it. And it was HUGE. All the trees that surrounded the parking lot blocked some of the "outline" from my view but I could still see it. I think I stood there for a good 20 seconds trying to process what I was seeing before I looked down at the door and just thought to myself. Then when I looked back up, it was gone. No "outline," and nothing in the sky looked like it was moving. Everything was back to normal. Then I remembered how scared I was to be going to the door of this building in almost pitch black darkness and hurried into the building lol...once inside and after locking the door behind me, I said "What the **** was that?!?!" out loud and laughed to myself.

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Fresh8686 said:

In 2012, I was in Costa Rica and working on self-development and healing depression/trauma through meditation and studying neuroscience. While working through some heavy stuff, I came to a deep realization that I was both myself and everything around me. That I/We realization caused something to click inside me and gave me crazy sensitivity and synesthesia, followed by waves of pure euphoria, better than any kind of drug I've tried before.

All day, the euphoria kept building and building, feeling like black chains of liquid pleasure wrapping all around my body. It started affecting my mind and behavior, and then it started effecting the people and especially women around me. Pure pleasure was radiating and leaking out of me and women who became aware of me started responding to it as well in strange ways. While at lunch, I locked eyes with a waitress and my mind started creating this picture of us walking towards each other and smoothing into each others arms and when I came too, everything I'd imagined was actually happening. It was so amazing/crazy that I had to pull away, while doing my best to play it off because I was worried about getting her in trouble at work and I didn't want to violate my marriage.

The attention felt like I'd become a super model, but the pull I was creating was deeper and more primal. I kept having to avoid creating these moments of connection or push away the impulse to seduce random women at the airport. The female guard searching me kept running her hands over my body, then while waiting to board this woman left her husband and started hitting on my dad and then this one guy who looked a little off/disabled started freaking out and had to be handled by security. All the craziness was stressing me out so I did my best to contain everything going on inside me and control myself till I got back home.

After the day was finished, much of the euphoria and stuff started calming down, but something had forever changed inside me. It's been over 10 years now since that experience and ever since, I feel a constant charge of electricity all over my body. Like when I touch my skin, I feel conductivity first, then skin. But, I can also read the charge via interoception and create micro push/pull force with it. For 5 years I've been dealing with terrible physical injuries and nerve damage from a weight lifting accident that doctors can't fix, but I have almost fixed it myself with this ability I gained and the hours of work I've put into developing it. 

tedlassogifs-when-harry-met-sally.gif.11acb0aa535f4edd54a4b6e636bd8cb0.gif

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Thought I didn't have anything to add to this thread... opps now I remember.   

If you believe in a metaphysical (aka Biblical spirtual world) than this may not be entirely unexplained.  

I was making love to an ex-girlfriend and she became demon possessed on me.  Her face twisted and her voice transformed into a low growl she repeatedly said something like: "I am going to kill her tonight." She swore up and down she doesn't recall or remember that.  She was suicidal and self-diagnosed as bipolar.  

Shaking and manifesting by people during religious events.  Yes, quakers and shakers.  I am talking about teenagers in a place where there wouldn't need to be pressure and shaking/twitching that was uncontrollable. At some point its either natural or unnatural. 

2 minutes ago, bearrock said:

On a complete tangent, did you ever end up getting it graded?

Nah, just found it yesterday. Gonna send it out next week. 

Just now, Captain Wiggles said:

Maybe ya sent off a different card accidentally. 🤔 

Or maybe.....

ea908936-7814-4f71-980c-976a6cdd2717_tex

I thought that, too. Maybe I sent a different card. 

But if I did, there should still be some evidence that I did. It’s not in their system. I didn’t get anything back from them saying I filled out the paperwork for one card but sent a different one. 

All of the other cards I’ve ever sent are in their system with the grades. I believe even if I’d sent the wrong one, they’d ask if I’d want them to go ahead and grade it. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1