Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Convicted felon Donald Trump on Trial (Found guilty on 34 felony counts. 54 criminal count still in the air)

Cooked Crack

Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?

• Yes. He's going 4 for 4. (including Georgia)
    • He's going to lose 3
    • Two for sure
    • He's only going to get convicted in one
    • No. He's going to skate

This poll is closed to new votes

Judge in Trump's hush money case raises questions about social media post claiming to preview jury verdict

The New York judge overseeing Donald Trump's hush money trial has asked attorneys in the case about a social media post purporting to preview the former president's guilty verdict.

“Today, the Court became aware of a comment that was posted on the Unified Court System’s public Facebook page and which I now bring to your attention,” Judge Juan Merchan wrote in a letter dated Friday.

“My cousin is a juror and said Trump is getting convicted,” the post stated, according to Merchan's letter. “Thank you folks for all your hard work!!!!”

Merchan said that the comment, which was attributed to a user identified as Michael Anderson, was "now labeled as one week old," and was posted in response to a routine notice from the court posted on May 29 about oral arguments unrelated to proceedings in Trump’s case.

When a defendant who has been convicted by a jury but has not yet been sentenced learns of alleged jury misconduct, he can move to set aside the verdict under New York criminal procedure law. If a defendant can prove that jury misconduct “may have affected a substantial right of the defendant,” the remedy is a new trial.

NBC News has not verified the claims made in the comment or the identity of the user who published the post, which has since been deleted. NBC News also hasn't independently confirmed the comment’s existence.

A Trump campaign official said "we're investigating" when asked about Merchan's letter.

Attorneys for Trump did not immediately respond to a request for comment on Friday afternoon, nor did a spokesperson for the Manhattan district attorney's office.

Trump was convicted last month on 34 counts of falsifying business records tied to reimbursing Cohen for hush money paid to Daniels in the final days of the 2016 campaign. Trump had pleaded not guilty in the case and denied Daniels’ claims that she had a sexual encounter with him in 2006. Trump’s sentencing in the case is scheduled for July 11.

• Thumb down 2

8 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Before seeing this post, I was about to say that it's not a smart move to take ANY outrageous claim on the interwebs at their word lol..."My cousin" was a dead giveaway/

My cousin is friends with Judge Cannon and she said that as soon as the documents case was assigned to her, Cannon called Don for instructions on how to handle it. They talk many times a week. He's very happy with how she's helping him. 

Whoa. That was easy. 

• Haha 6

3 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

My cousin is friends with Judge Cannon and she said that as soon as the documents case was assigned to her, Cannon called Don for instructions on how to handle it. They talk many times a week. He's very happy with how she's helping him. 

Whoa. That was easy. 

I'm sending a screenshot of your post to Jack Smith!!! Judge Cannon, you're in trouble now...

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I get that the court has to take everything seriously and all... but man we get those kinda posts about everything.

You could probably find several more in the exact same vein if you look for it hard enough.

Who knew Rich Borgus could make such a fuss.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Annnnnnd, scene:

Yup

At the end of the day this was a court case convicting a former prez so you gotta dot all the "i"s cross all the "t"s and do everything by the book.

But it still feels a little frustrating and weird to see everyone goose step their way thru a known and obvious snape hunt.

Anyways, I demand equal treatment.

When Biden wins the Feds better be prepping to storm my compound cuz I called it months ago.

main-qimg-1ebf782a7203f26adfc1b122c997b7ed-lq.jpg.d549f241d55a524535e3eb63c9925d9a.jpg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

By the way, did Trump not mention anything on Truth Social about the "Cousin On The Jury" possibility for mistrial?...Seems like something he would have jumped in the deep end of the pool over and immediately tossed out a bunch of "CORRUPT, " "RIGGED,"  and "MISTRIAL" comments in a post. If he didn't, credit where credit is due lol...

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

By the way, did Trump not mention anything on Truth Social about the "Cousin On The Jury" possibility for mistrial?...Seems like something he would have jumped in the deep end of the pool over and immediately tossed out a bunch of "CORRUPT, " "RIGGED,"  and "MISTRIAL" comments in a post. If he didn't, credit where credit is due lol...

Wouldn’t be shocked at all if this was planned out and Trump *actually* understood that the only legitimate chance he *might* have is for him to shut up and see if it works 

not that I believe he’s some mastermind working a 100% con making evil genius moves, but it’s always a question (to me) of exactly how stupid he is and how much is an understood act he’s doing. He’s good at putting on an act and also legitimately a moron; not sure exactly where that transitions 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, tshile said:

Wouldn’t be shocked at all if this was planned out and Trump *actually* understood that the only legitimate chance he *might* have is for him to shut up and see if it works 

not that I believe he’s some mastermind working a 100% con making evil genius moves, but it’s always a question (to me) of exactly how stupid he is and how much is an understood act he’s doing. He’s good at putting on an act and also legitimately a moron; not sure exactly where that transitions 

My first thought was that his people told him they look at it before he saw it, and it was some internet troll. Then my 2nd thought was "So? When has that stopped him from running with something ridiculous before?"

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

"So? When has that stopped him from running with something ridiculous before?"

I'm w/ this.

If he has not complained about it yet he still probably will even after it has been debunked. Dude does not exactly care about the truth.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Before seeing this post, I was about to say that it's not a smart move to take ANY outrageous claim on the interwebs at their word lol..."My cousin" was a dead giveaway/

A wealthy older gentleman that I did some work for years ago had lots of cousins. They were all gorgeous, young women around the same age. None of them looked alike though?

• Haha 1

Get your popocorn ready:

Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg agrees to testify before Congress following Trump verdict

Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg agreed on Friday to testify before Congress as Republicans attempt to discredit former President Donald Trump’s conviction, but indicated that could happen only after Trump is sentenced next month.

Bragg’s office has resisted calls to testify before Congress citing the ongoing case against the former president, but in a letter Friday to GOP Rep. Jim Jordan of Ohio, the chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, Bragg stated his willingness to testify at a future date.

The letter from Bragg’s general counsel said the Manhattan DA’s office is willing to engage with the committee to decide a date for the testimony as well as to “better understand the scope and the purpose of the proposed hearing.”

“This Office is committed to voluntary cooperation. That cooperation includes making the District Attorney available to provide testimony on behalf of the Office at an agreed-upon date, and evaluating the propriety of allowing an Assistant District Attorney to testify publicly about an active prosecution to which he is assigned,” the letter reads.

Click on the link for the full article

200w.gif?cid=6c09b9527k9y13k1pt0b8ijh57a

I expect this hearing to be another clown show where Republican congresscritters get dunked on.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

It never occurred to me (or rather, I had no idea lol) that Trump will be required to meet with a probation officer prior to sentencing. And that the probation officer will make an assessment of the felon and prepare a report to the judge as part of the judge's considerations when determining sentencing.

Required is a strong word.  While the probation officer is required to produced a pre-sentence report, the convicted party is not required to appear. It's just that in normal circumstances they do, and do so in order to show remorse and get a more lenient sentence.  However, a pre-sentencing interview is not mandatory under state criminal procedure law.

Kuby was one of two attorneys who noted to BI that the state criminal procedure law requires the judge to order a pre-sentencing report, but does not require that the defendant participate in the process.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, China said:

Required is a strong word.  While the probation officer is required to produced a pre-sentence report, the convicted party is not required to appear. It's just that in normal circumstances they do, and do so in order to show remorse and get a more lenient sentence.  However, a pre-sentencing interview is not mandatory under state criminal procedure law.

Ok, how about "will be" instead of "required" lol...and I would imagine that for those defendants in which a DNA sample is needed, "required" would be appropriate (unless there is some other way that the courts trust to get an actual sample from the actual defendant).

• Like 1

Also, from what I read, Trump and his team are the only ones who can release the probation officer's report to the public...so expect him NOT to release the report and instead tell his minions lies about what the report said lol.

Trump at his presser: "Probation officer came to me with tears in his eyes, and said "Sir...I'm sorry you are going through this." He said he had never heard of such an injusshish of the law, and recommended I be given a 3 day probation. But the corrupt, crooked judge who doesn't have to listen to a word the probation officer says, will most likely ignore the recommendation, and the probation officer is--he is a good person, it's not his fault. The crooked Biden DoJ...we've never seen such a travesty in the history of this country."

Reporter: "Will you be releasing the probation officer's report?"

Trump: "I want to, because it totally exonerates me, totally. But I'm not allowed to, my lawyers said I'm not allowed to release it by law. Thank you..."

• Haha 3