Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Convicted felon Donald Trump on Trial (Found guilty on 34 felony counts. 54 criminal count still in the air). Supreme Court rules in Trump's favor sends immunity case back to the lower court. Aileen Cannon (R-Florida) dismisses classified docs case

Cooked Crack

Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?

• Yes. He's going 4 for 4. (including Georgia)
    • He's going to lose 3
    • Two for sure
    • He's only going to get convicted in one
    • No. He's going to skate

This poll is closed to new votes

You guys,  Bragg didn't conduct the case in court, assistant prosecutors did. Willis can do the same and do it now by naming an assistant prosecutor will head up the actual trials. It's been the same way those defendants who already pled guilty were handled, by assistants. 

She needs to do it now. She's most likely getting re-elected in November anyway.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

24 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Companies do that because they don't want the drama of a relationship going sour at work, they don't do it to "curb the deep state" or stop some secret employee conspiracy that doesn't exist. Fani getting her back blown out and having to give detailed, sexual descriptions while under oath have NOTHING to do with this trial. Besides, if we're going to talk about standards, why is it Trump (the only common denominator and the reason this is all happening) doesn't get held by any standards? You guys keep talking fair, but fair goes both ways.

well you’re just ranting now. 

yeah I want Trump held to the correct standards to

but what’s going on with Willis has nothing to do with her race or gender. It has to do with a defendant with no defense reaching for any straw to try to put up a fight. She gave them one, they’re taking it. 

they’re going after jack smith and Biden too and both of them are white men. 

this is what defendants do when they don’t have facts or the law on their side. It’s not a coincidence this is how all his cases go - attacks on the people running the system.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

3 minutes ago, tshile said:

well you’re just ranting now. 

yeah I want Trump held to the correct standards to

but what’s going on with Willis has nothing to do with her race or gender. It has to do with a defendant with no defense reaching for any straw to try to put up a fight. She gave them one, they’re taking it. 

they’re going after jack smith and Biden too and both of them are white men. 

this is what defendants do when they don’t have facts or the law on their side. It’s not a coincidence this is how all his cases go - attacks on the people running the system.

Answering is ranting? I guess we're both ranting now.

Sure, as a defendant, Trump has every right to try to delay and get the case tossed, but the court doesn't have to entertain every stupid notion that his lawyers throw out. I can promise you that you and I would not get as much cooperation from the court to undermine it for our own benefit.

Let's talk about Trump going after Jack Smith and Biden. You say race and sex have nothing to do with it, yet Trump continually says Willis is going after him because she's a racist. I don't see Smith or Biden having to explain their sexual history just to do their jobs and hold criminals accountable.

Ok, your turn to rant.

• Thumb up 2

2 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Sure, as a defendant, Trump has every right to try to delay and get the case tossed, but the court doesn't have to entertain every stupid notion that his lawyers throw out. I can promise you that you and I would not get as much cooperation from the court to undermine it for our own benefit.

Let's talk about Trump going after Jack Smith and Biden. You say race and sex have nothing to do with it, yet Trump continually says Willis is going after him because she's a racist. I don't see Smith or Biden having to explain their sexual history just to do their jobs and hold criminals accountable.

Ok, your turn to rant.

But that's just it, he's not just some ole' regular defendant.  He's a former President of the United States (as much as you and I hate to acknowledge this).  This is not a normal trial, and his delay tactics have to be taken more seriously because of his stature.  Even if he wasn't a former President, he is an elite at the end of the day.  Unless you live under a rock, or are the most naïve person walking God's green earth, Trump (and anyone else of his stature) will always be treated differently under the circumstances than you or I would.  That's how the game goes unfortunately.  That's why there is more scrutiny and more coverage for this trial than if this were a normal person, or even a low level politician.  Of course Willis (and Bragg) will be more scrutinized because of their color or sex, but unfortunately that comes with the territory.  You have to know that before pursuing a case a gigantic as this one is.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

taking a conversation about whether this is about her being black/female and deciding to go on about how Trump behaves and that he’s never held accountable is switching from discussing the issue at hand to just ranting. Yes. 

right. Cause neither of us are former presidents nor are we presumptive nominees for president. 

I’ve been trying to explain this for a while but that should be a clue that he is and will be treated different than the rest of us. 

additionally - it’s well known and understood he’s going to bend/break any rule he can and they will use anything they can (even made up stuff) to win this on appeal if he’s convicted. So, unsurprisingly, everyone involved is guarding against that which includes the appearance of bias. Is it garbage the extent to which he gets away with it? Of course. Is it surprising? No, you should have expected it. 

yeah. Trump is a piece of garbage, a liar, a career crook, a carnival barker, a conartist, and there’s solid information to believe pre-trial he’s guilty of trying to overthrow the government (insurrectionist). He also harasses and assaults women and is clearly a racist. 

what’s your point? That standards should be lowered for everyone else? Who gives a **** what he says it’s all nonsense. 

smith and Biden don’t have to answer those questions cause they weren’t caught ****ing the people investigating the person they’re going after. By all accounts Biden has not been involved in any of it and yet that’s still their chief accusation. This notion Willis is somehow being singled out for criticism requires you to seriously not be paying attention. 

Ok, your turn to rant.

I’m not sure you know what rant means. 

Edited by tshile

45 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Personally, I think Fani Willis really ****ed this up from an optics standpoint, but at the end of the day, who she's ****ing has zero impact on whether her office is able to prove to a jury that Trump is guilty of these crimes beyond a reasonable doubt.  

I would agree save for the fact that this has created real problems beyond optics. She ****ed up and showed poor judgement in a situation where she had to know scrutiny would be as high as possible. This was a major unforced error on her part that has given Republicans a way of delaying this extremely important trial. Doesn’t matter if we agree that it should have, it has. 

I have no more interest in defending her lack of judgement than I do the Biden administration slow walking charges for stolen documents.  In both cases they’ve given Trump the means of escaping accountability until after the election. 

Fani had a chance to be great, and she blew it. That’s her fault and I feel no reason to pretend otherwise. All she needed was to be professional in her biggest moment, and that proved beyond her ability.  Don’t hate her for it, but it is what it is. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, tshile said:

taking a conversation about whether this is about her being black/female and deciding to go on about how Trump behaves and that he’s never held accountable is switching from discussing the issue at hand to just ranting. Yes. 

right. Cause neither of us are former presidents nor are we presumptive nominees for president. 

I’ve been trying to explain this for a while but that should be a clue that he is and will be treated different than the rest of us. 

additionally - it’s well known and understood he’s going to bend/break any rule he can and they will use anything they can (even made up stuff) to win this on appeal if he’s convicted. So, unsurprisingly, everyone involved is guarding against that which includes the appearance of bias. Is it garbage the extent to which he gets away with it? Of course. Is it surprising? No, you should have expected it. 

yeah. Trump is a piece of garbage, a liar, a career crook, a carnival barker, a conartist, and there’s solid information to believe pre-trial he’s guilty of trying to overthrow the government (insurrectionist). He also harasses and assaults women and is clearly a racist. 

what’s your point? That standards should be lowered for everyone else? Who gives a **** what he says it’s all nonsense. 

smith and Biden don’t have to answer those questions cause they weren’t caught ****ing the people investigating the person they’re going after. By all accounts Biden has not been involved in any of it and yet that’s still their chief accusation. This notion Willis is somehow being singled out for criticism requires you to seriously not be paying attention. 

I’m not sure you know what rant means. 

Are we not talking about standards? Is this not a trial where Trump is being tried? This is the conviction thread, right? 

Anyways, this is going around in circles and you're starting to grate on my nerves, so I'm going to say this and end it here:

I don't care if he's Jesus ****ing Christ, you don't let one guy run his ball sack all over the legal system. I don't even know where you're getting that I want lower standards. I want the standard standards. Yes, I know he was a president, I know he's running, I know he has a mushroom shaped dick. None of it matters. The standard, should be the standard.

Is this rant territory? 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

Yeah you’re just too far into it to see objectively. Most everyone else gets why this is her fault and it’s a bad look.  And it has nothing to do with race/gender. 

And gripe all you want about how he’s treated different - he will continue to be treated different, and it should be expected. The people running the cases and judges know it. That’s why these are taking so long. Everyone making sure to leave as little room for error or the appearance of error as possible. 

well, everyone except Willis. 

33 minutes ago, samy316 said:

But that's just it, he's not just some ole' regular defendant.  He's a former President of the United States (as much as you and I hate to acknowledge this).  This is not a normal trial, and his delay tactics have to be taken more seriously because of his stature.  Even if he wasn't a former President, he is an elite at the end of the day.  Unless you live under a rock, or are the most naïve person walking God's green earth, Trump (and anyone else of his stature) will always be treated differently under the circumstances than you or I would.  That's how the game goes unfortunately.  That's why there is more scrutiny and more coverage for this trial than if this were a normal person, or even a low level politician.  Of course Willis (and Bragg) will be more scrutinized because of their color or sex, but unfortunately that comes with the territory.  You have to know that before pursuing a case a gigantic as this one is.

Well, I was also half-assed replying to you in my other posts (is that where the "ranting" comes from).

I get where you're coming from and I don't disagree with you al together. However, I still think it shouldn't matter, even more so that her bf left the case almost three months ago. Hell, if she gave the magistrate a ZJ or even matched with the officer who took his mugshot on Tinder, I could get on board with the scrutiny.

Purely speculation, but I don't think Trump's lawyer's tried as hard in the hush money case. Either they thought it wasn't as important, thought they could win or they were taking Trump's legal advice. Just doesn't feel that the NY team put their whole ass in like the Georgia team.*

*Tangent, not a rant.

Posted (edited)

It's a bit ironic that the conventional wisdom in all of this is that Fani Willis should have made sure she dotted all her "i's" and crossed every single "t" knowing how important this case is...when the conventional wisdom has also been the DoJ should have brought Trump to trial immediately lol. You think Willis having a relationship with a co-attorney was a mistake?...I can't even fathom the amount of legal ****-ups that would have happened if Trump had been charged 2 years ago.

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated
  • Thumb up 1

18 minutes ago, tshile said:

Yeah you’re just too far into it to see objectively. Most everyone else gets why this is her fault and it’s a bad look.  And it has nothing to do with race/gender. 

And gripe all you want about how he’s treated different - he will continue to be treated different, and it should be expected. The people running the cases and judges know it. That’s why these are taking so long. Everyone making sure to leave as little room for error or the appearance of error as possible. 

well, everyone except Willis. 

This whole time I've been arguing with you I've been in the bath tub. This is my bong/play with myself/phone time, I've only argued. Well, I did one of those things and I feel...ok. 

I don't want to be rude, mean, mad or argue, so I'm going to apologize for any insulting behavior (I'm sorry) and I'm going to say this and let it die for real this time:

It wasn't the best idea to start a relationship with Wade during this trial. It also has zero bearing on anything to do with this case.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

No need to apologize you weren’t rude or anything. 
I think we agree. I just expected their team to do this

remember - they don’t have a legitimate defense. Or at least it doesn’t seem that way. So silly side circus show to delay/distract/create something they can appeal, is all they have. 

8 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

when the conventional wisdom has also been the DoJ should have brought Trump to trial immediately lol.

I think people think that, I’m not sure people at the DOJ or that follow them do. 

they’re notorious for taking forever to do anything. They’re also notorious for winning the cases they build. 🤷‍♂️ 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tshile said:

No need to apologize you weren’t rude or anything. 
I think we agree. I just expected their team to do this

remember - they don’t have a legitimate defense. Or at least it doesn’t seem that way. So silly side circus show to delay/distract/create something they can appeal, is all they have. 

Thanks. Now I'm going to take care of those other two things while the bath water is still warm...and not gross 😇

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Well, I was also half-assed replying to you in my other posts (is that where the "ranting" comes from).

I get where you're coming from and I don't disagree with you al together. However, I still think it shouldn't matter, even more so that her bf left the case almost three months ago. Hell, if she gave the magistrate a ZJ or even matched with the officer who took his mugshot on Tinder, I could get on board with the scrutiny.

Purely speculation, but I don't think Trump's lawyer's tried as hard in the hush money case. Either they thought it wasn't as important, thought they could win or they were taking Trump's legal advice. Just doesn't feel that the NY team put their whole ass in like the Georgia team.*

*Tangent, not a rant.

That's a good point.  The Hush Money trial was the least impactful of the 4 court cases against Trump.  Maybe Trump decided to punt that case, since that one will only result in some minor punishment like community service or something weak.  If MAGA wanted to argue that any of the cases against Trump was a political witch hunt, the Hush Money Trial could fall under that umbrella.  Most people don't care about that case, or think it was a stretch to bring that to trial after so many years.

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, samy316 said:

That's a good point.  The Hush Money trial was the least impactful of the 4 court cases against Trump.  Maybe Trump decided to punt that case, since that one will only result in some minor punishment like community service or something weak.  If MAGA wanted to argue that any of the cases against Trump was a political witch hunt, the Hush Money Trial could fall under that umbrella.  Most people don't care about that case, or think it was a stretch to bring that to trial after so many years.

I don't know why the hush money case kinda slipped under the radar. A lot of folks wanted a heavier trial first, I had no preference, but I'm glad Stormy got to go first. I think having NY go first allowed the guilty verdict to do maximum damage to Trump. I feel as if it were a later case or preceded by a not guilty verdict, the damage to Trump would be mitigated.

It feels like Trump didn't take this case as seriously as he should have...as his lawyers should have. 

15 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952xob0pirtfzqtyuxcer

Whatever, take me court.

Edited by Simmsy
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

Going back to the hush money case, something that's been bugging me is that slimeball "publisher" David Pecker got off scot-free in all this. 

In addition to the relentless catch-and kill-campaign to protect Trump, he published a torrent of lies about Trump's primary opponents and then Hillary Clinton, including doctored images on covers of National Enquirer, putting those weekly lies in front of millions or rubes' eyeballs in grocery stores across America. That was arguably the most valuable illegal campaign contribution of services in American political history. Yet he skates. He is a disgrace to journalism and is one of the primary reasons Donald Trump came to befoul the Oval Office.

**** that guy.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

9 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Going back to the hush money case, something that's been bugging me is that slimeball "publisher" David Pecker got off scot-free in all this. 

In addition to the relentless catch-and kill-campaign to protect Trump, he published a torrent of lies about Trump's primary opponents and then Hillary Clinton, including doctored images on covers of National Enquirer, putting those weekly lies in front of millions or rubes' eyeballs in grocery stores across America. That was arguably the most valuable illegal campaign contribution of services in American political history. Yet he skates. He is a disgrace to journalism and is one of the primary reasons Donald Trump came to befoul the Oval Office.

**** that guy.

Agreed, but I wouldn't classify the National Enquirer as "journalism" but it's clear their actions had a negative effect on this country...Trump likely wouldn't have been elected were it not for killing the Stormy story.

But you notice that Trump hasn't come after Pecker? Obviously Pecker has more dirt on him...

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Agreed, but I wouldn't classify the National Enquirer as "journalism" but it's clear their actions had a negative effect on this country...Trump likely wouldn't have been elected were it not for killing the Stormy story.

But you notice that Trump hasn't come after Pecker? Obviously Pecker has more dirt on him...

"pecker controls trump"

headline writing is easy AND fun

• Haha 6

6 hours ago, Dan T. said:

**** that guy.

Just pointing out, America has a long history of newspapers pushing political agendas. Often involving outright fraud. 

Pretty sure the Framers absolutely intended it to be a protected right. 

5 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

I already pointed out. Pecker has every single story that their "catch and kill" got used on. 

In fact, he almost certainly has proof about the original scandal, and that Trump personally knew about it.