Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2023 ES Free Agency Thread... available until Free Agency 2024 begins

Riggo-toni

I am starting to like the idea of Fields matched up with Kingsbury. It’s basically a 3 year 60 million dollar deal on the non exclusive franchise tag. Trade back and get some more people that fit the future play style. Worst case we are back in top 5

next year with possibly another first round pick.

9 minutes ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

I am starting to like the idea of Fields matched up with Kingsbury. It’s basically a 3 year 60 million dollar deal on the non exclusive franchise tag. Trade back and get some more people that fit the future play style. Worst case we are back in top 5

That is absolutely not worst case.

1 hour ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

Fields is good bc of DJ Moore. He can dismantle an entire defensive plan by himself (96 rec., 1,360 yards, 8TDs, avg. 14.2 ypc)

And their TE Kmet had 75 receptions last year for 700 yards.

Those are numbers we can only dream of with our current roster. 

We have zero WRs and TEs in that mold (Terry can't dominate a game like Moore. We all saw that last year) :[

Edited by El Mexican

13 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I'd rather run it back with Howell then trade for Fields. Good grief the obsession so many have with such a terrible QB is mind-boggling to me.

It must be from the Trubisky/Darnold/Wentz are the best options in Washington hangover

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, HoggLife said:

We can't build like Detroit. We can't build like SF. We can't build like KC. You have to build your way. No one way works every time or everyone would do it. You can learn certain thing that work but there is no exact blueprint. 

It's what I want not what they will do, it's a opinion, mine is use the draft and low budget F.A.'s this year. Detroit had 4 great hits in the draft this year. Chicago capitalized on a trade down. what's your opinion?  

20 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I'd rather run it back with Howell then trade for Fields. Good grief the obsession so many have with such a terrible QB is mind-boggling to me.

Maybe they are all looking at it through beer goggles.  That'll be the only thing that makes sense at this point....

22 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Howell and maybe Brissett with another rookie QB, better than Fields, that would be just another retread to come here and end his career.

23 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I wonder how much of a traditional Air Raid we're going to be running also. You need big OL who can live solo on an island, while also having the stamina to run up and down the field. It's a big ask and I don't think bringing in Lynn is just for good measure.

And today Kliff denounced the Air Raid. Saw that coming thank goodness.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Fields is getting unbelievable hype.

He’s not any good. 

The reason for this is his traits. He is big, strong, big arm, fast and elusive as a runner. Sam howell doesn't even compare when it comes to physical traits.

If Fields accuracy improves, and improves at going through his reads, he has the physical traits to be elite. We saw how could he could be when they spanked us this year.

Add in the fact that he is still very young, so there is still plenty of time for him to improve, there is actually quite a bit to be excited about.

His name wouldn't be being floated out there for a 2nd round pick even though his rookie contract is coming up to its end date if there wasn't something good people saw in him. Especially since you could likely have penix or nix on the rookie contract with the same 2nd round pick. Fields physical traits are that good.

If the coach and fo decided to trade a second for Fields and draft harrison with our 1st and spend the rest of the picks and cap to sure up the oline and tight end positions, I could get excited about it. Especially with Fields excelling in the same type of offense kliff uses while playing in college.

• Thumb up 1

46 minutes ago, skinsfan66 said:

Sorry, I like Howell over fields for the record too, We are taking a QB in the draft. Do not want Fields as a vet, keep Brissett as the vet?

gotcha, I misunderstood what I thought you were saying.

i would be be fine keeping Brissett but would also be open to cheaper vet options. I don’t love the structure of 1 yr/$10M we went with this past season because of the cap space it takes up. 

But now that we have hope as a franchise, I’d also rather not be sunk if our shiny new rookie QB misses any time. Brissett would be helpful in that regard but I imagine he wants to try to compete to start somewhere 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

8 minutes ago, mac8887 said:

If Fields accuracy improves, and improves at going through his reads, he has the physical traits to be elite. We saw how could he could be when they spanked us this year.

lolol...what makes you think they'll improve? He's been in the league three years now. He is what he is.

He went from 32nd in accuracy to 31st to 30th. So I guess by 2054 he'll be the most accurate passer in the league.

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

lolol...what makes you think they'll improve? He's been in the league three years now. He is what he is.

He went from 32nd in accuracy to 31st to 30th. So I guess by 2054 he'll be the most accurate passer in the league.

I didn't say I thought it would improve, but it could. Who would've thought that sam howells play would've fallen off a cliff during the second half of the season but it did.

I'd much rather have Fields than Sam, at least Fields has shown he can beat teams with his legs. On top of that he'd be coming into a system that suits him well.

Even if fields can get to around 20th best passer, his running ability would make your offense viable, especially since it would help to soften the coverage deep. I imagine he'll still have his legs for at least another 5-6 years.

Add the fact that he really started to play better at the end of the year instead of worse like Howell. There is much more to be excited about with Fields than Howell. But I'm done with this convo here, if you want we can move it to the qb thread.

Edited by mac8887

56 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I don’t think playing for 3 different OC in his first 3 seasons has done him any favors to say the least.  Something Kingsbury said yesterday, he said not being held down to 1 scheme/skill and having the QB fit that scheme/skill… he said molding the offense around the QB’s skills and using their traits…. I’m not promoting Fields but I also don’t think the narrative placed on him is fitting either… 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mac8887 said:

I didn't say I thought it would improve, but it could. Who would've thought that sam howells play would've fallen off a cliff during the second half of the season but it did.

Did you just try to justify thinking one passer could get better by pointing out another passer got worse?

stirring-what.gif

• Haha 10

What the Fields people don't seem to grasp is that if you trade for Fields, you gotta pay him big bucks. His value is garbage once you give him like $30 Mil a year or whatever its gonna take.

That's why you want a QB at #2. You can get a potentially good if not great QB and pay him pennies for 5 years.

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 1

one teams trash is just that, trash. Reclamation projects for QBs rarely work out. If this were after his first year, akin to Rosen, then maybe you consider it. If we weren’t sitting at #2 with 3 QBs staring at us then maybe you consider it. Hell, I heard Sam Darnold is still in the league, let’s throw some picks at him while we’re at it. Come to think of it, this is the wrong thread for this. He’s not going to be a FA and he’s a QB, we have a separate thread for this.IMG_8350.jpeg.b1c263c3d0389e0e6847811603fcf198.jpeg

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Did you just try to justify thinking one passer could get better by pointing out another passer got worse?

stirring-what.gif

No, I was just stating that players can get better and players can fall off. It was meant to go with my statement about physical traits. Fields has some really impressive physical traits, size, arm strength, speed, power, and elusivness. He will get a longer leash because of that. Players with greater physical traits and 1st round acumen always get a longer leash and more opportunities, not just in football but in every sport.