Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2023 ES Free Agency Thread... available until Free Agency 2024 begins

Riggo-toni

Jacoby is a great hedge for Sam. If Sam sucks, Jacoby can get this team to the playoffs

Just now, FootballZombie said:

I hope we bring him back. Dude could play LG and RG at a servicable level and was an emergency C. Very valuable.

I think we draft a late QB to groom as well.

I’d rather Gates be a backup and they go find a starter in the draft at either guard or tackle, pushing Wylie inside. Gates’s contract is similar to Schweitzer’s from 2020

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

I hope we bring him back. Dude could play LG and RG at a servicable level and was an emergency C. Very valuable.

I think we draft a late QB to groom as well.

Stetson Bennett is a name I will be keeping an eye on late in the draft.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

My fear is the fans going to be clamoring for Brissett by Week 5 if Howell struggles early.

Well....

Option #1 - Snyder doesn't sell... who cares there will be no fans

Option #2 - Snyder sells... who cares Dan-poleon is gone!

1 minute ago, Chump Bailey said:

Surprised Brissett would agree to a one-year deal. Thought he was seeking a multi-year type. Maybe his market was not as hot as thought after all, which is a bit odd because he played well overall.

Odd man out it seems. Last chair was filled in Tampa w Baker. Bet the AAV w Jacoby is $7M or so

• Thumb up 1

8 minutes ago, method man said:

Nick Gates is a better Schweitzer

that doesn't mean we need to get rid of him.  If Gates is starter level then I'd rather have Schweitzer backing him up and at two other positions rather than Norwell backing up just Gates

• Like 1

Just now, MrJL said:

that doesn't mean we need to get rid of him.  If Gates is starter level then I'd rather have Schweitzer backing him up and at two other positions rather than Norwell backing up just Gates

I’d rather they draft a tackle and center. You then have Gates, Paul, Lucas and the center as reserves assuming Larsen or Roullier come back