Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2023 ES Free Agency Thread... available until Free Agency 2024 begins

Riggo-toni

43 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I get that and we have Eiffer, Hudson and now Cody to play next to Davis.

We have 1 legit starter and need a second one. 

I understand what kind of defense we run and I understand that we don't use a backer like Jack Campbell any more and why I like Overshown.

I would like to have 2 LBers. If Davis goes down, what are we gonna start Mayo and Bostic? Nightmare fuel.

I like that we play with 3 safeties and 2 LBers so often. It's fun defense. We don't have the personnel to excel. We need a LBer.

Most teams are in 11 personnel the majority of the time - so 3 wide plus a TE and back.  The 'starter' next to Davis will likely be a third safety rolled into the box (the big nickel or 'Buffalo safety'). I see us in 3 safety 1 backer more than 3 safety 2 backers.

The second linebacker is more of a role player who will come in if the O is in a run situation or by formation go heavy and you want to match up. Its still a thing and not unimportant but it factors into position value both in terms of when and where you draft that off ball backer and what you are prepared to pay for that guy. If its a high pick or big deal it has to be someone who is an athletic freak where they can both fill a gap, run sideline to sideline to chase down a play and carry a TE down the field in coverage - not many of those around.

Not many teams who line up and try to just knock you off the ball with a power run game anymore where you need 3 good backers.

20 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I don’t think it’s hate for the guy. More the fans who think he walks on water.

Well there certainly was some overblown love for him on here, but walks on water? That’s an exaggeration. Also you seem to have that same sort of love for Sam Howell so here’s hoping you are correct! (Not a criticism, your opinion is clearly well researched).

• Like 1

Question.  Are we all good with rolling with Leno, or is it even possible to think that they could be in on O Brown??  Full disclosure I am not a Leno fan.  I think we can make it happen from a cost perspective.  Obviously a big financial commitment, but darn if I'm not excited for the prospect.  

Or should I simply not entertain the idea in my mind?

Just now, sebestian said:

Question.  Are we all good with rolling with Leno, or is it even possible to think that they could be in on O Brown??  Full disclosure I am not a Leno fan.  I think we can make it happen from a cost perspective.  Obviously a big financial commitment, but darn if I'm not excited for the prospect.  

I think Brown wants tons of money and is overrated. No thank you. Use the draft to find your future LT.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, CommanderCarson said:

The entire last 5 pages is littered with hallelujahs hahaha how can you type that out with a straight face?

No one on here at least thought he walked on water, he was good enough to win games with, which should not be taken for granted in the NFL where there are backups out there that will absolutely lose you games.

Best of luck to the guy, I loved him as a backup and sincerely hope we find someone that can keep the ship afloat should Howell go down.

And 10 a year from a different franchise should basically end any and all discussion that heineke is the worst QB to walk the earth like is ascertained and believed widely here. For that i am grateful. A lot of people saying he wouldn’t get a single dime from any other team and we were probably negotiating against thin air. Lol.

I respect what he did here. But it was time to separate. More for Howell's mental state than anything else. he couldnt have the guy who started the majority of last season looking over his shoulder. He needs a clean slate to make the team his. 

29 minutes ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

JP says TH will always be a fan favorite but I see a ton of memes and posts of our fans, being thrilled. Celebrating and having a good ole time 🤷‍♂️

Because not everyone agrees he was fun to watch outside of the TB playoff game. And his reputation as a beloved locker room guy and all-around great guy is imo overstated and partially a result of projection. And on top of that, his hardcore fans have gone through periods of being some of the most annoying (but well-meaning) internet denizens you could encounter. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Rex Tomb said:

No way that's a real name... 

I was being lazy :)

Abdurrahman "Rock" ibn Ramadan Ya-Sin

6 minutes ago, sebestian said:

Every position should be considered if an upgrade is available. Clearly that also needs to be affordable, of which Brown may not be. KC have already brought his his replacement so he’s done there.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CommanderCarson said:

The entire last 5 pages is littered with hallelujahs hahaha how can you type that out with a straight face?

No one on here at least thought he walked on water, he was good enough to win games with, which should not be taken for granted in the NFL where there are backups out there that will absolutely lose you games.

Best of luck to the guy, I loved him as a backup and sincerely hope we find someone that can keep the ship afloat should Howell go down.

And 10 a year from a different franchise should basically end any and all discussion that heineke is the worst QB to walk the earth like is ascertained and believed widely here. For that i am grateful. A lot of people saying he wouldn’t get a single dime from any other team and we were probably negotiating against thin air. Lol.

1. Heinicke lost us plenty of games.

2. His contract is doubtless filled with incentives and not actually close to 10M AAV.

3. Your post is very strange, you’re living vicariously through a man who refused run the ball to win games for you. Cope.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumb down 1

18 minutes ago, woodpecker said:

Well there certainly was some overblown love for him on here, but walks on water? That’s an exaggeration. Also you seem to have that same sort of love for Sam Howell so here’s hoping you are correct! (Not a criticism, your opinion is clearly well researched).

Yes it is an exaggeration. Good spot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Wonder if RR and Co. would do another Buffalo with Atl. like they did with J.D. last year and lure TH back.  Just saying. Watch out. 

It’s a different situation because they hadn’t even let McKissic know they wanted him back and only offered to match his contract after they were surprised he was courted so quickly by the Bills.

With Heinicke, Keim said they have a number that they gave his agent that they were sticking to. I’m assuming the Falcons beat that number. But either way they were in contact with Heinicke the whole way and held firm, it seems.

So, different situation imo. 

I never liked Gibson, never saw the appeal he had from the fans. Everyone said we were using him wrong and I didn't buy into that...until this year. Gibson did a lot for this team early on with Brob out and Turner started to actually use him correctly and he was important to this offense. I think someone like Eric B. will know how to use him even more effectively than Turner ever did, he should be scoring and racking up yards like crazy.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Claimed Cameron Dantzler off waivers, so currently we have:

Kendall Fuller, Benjamin St. Juste, Cameron Dantzler, Danny Johnson, Christian Holmes

Definitely room to add a Darby or a draft pick, but the Dantzler addition def. helps with depth/upside probably as our 3rd or 4th CB. 

I swear I heard twice on the radio that they signed Cam Chancellor

As for the draft I agree an impact TE is sorely needed and I'm not convinced they have one on the roster.  Even with this latest signing I don't like our LBs. At all. But this is a good OL draft and they need a youth infusion there so I'm fine with either LB, TE or OL with their first round pick.

2 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

I never liked Gibson, never saw the appeal he had from the fans. Everyone said we were using him wrong and I didn't buy into that...until this year. Gibson did a lot for this team early on with Brob out and Turner started to actually use him correctly and he was important to this offense. I think someone like Eric B. will know how to use him even more effectively than Turner ever did, he should be scoring and racking up yards like crazy.

Agreed and I've made the same comment. Sure he is fast for his size but he's not the game breaker many believe him to be, and he had a fumbling problem although that got better.  For a former WR I seem to recall several drops on easy passes and he still has not demonstrated the ability to be a difference maker between the tackles, he just does not have the instincts of a good NFL running back.  

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

5 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Dude, we need a vet QB on this team. Curl can be signed to a LTD next year. 

I agree with you but 14 mil is pretty rich for TH when other backup qbs are getting 3-6 mil. I wonder if they bring in an XFL qb like Montez back.

Edited by TeddyKGB