Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2023 ES Free Agency Thread... available until Free Agency 2024 begins

Riggo-toni

47 minutes ago, dunfer said:

who cares. 50/50 is what i want out of my backup if Sam gets dinged. Hieny i feel gives me that. Id rather him, than the offense having to suddenly switch gears to a Dalton offense.

If we are wanting a backup to become a starter in case Sam fails.....then we shouldnt be looking for a backup qb

Not sure what you mean by “the offense having to suddenly switch gears to a Dalton offense” when comparing to having to suddenly switch gears to a Heinicke offense? Dalton can keep drives alive and Heinicke is not mobile. Heinicke had 40 more rushing yards than 34 year old Dalton last season. Heinicke had less than 100 rushing yards total for the season. He is not a QB who takes off and runs. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Conn said:

Not sure what you mean by “the offense having to suddenly switch gears to a Dalton offense” when comparing to having to suddenly switch gears to a Heinicke offense? Dalton can keep drives alive and Heinicke is not mobile. Heinicke has 40 more rushing yards than Dalton. Heinicke had less than 100 rushing yards total for the season. He is not a QB who takes off and runs. 

Hieny is a scrambler. he may not push past the line but he gets away from pressure

• Haha 3
  • Thumb up 2

Watching Profootballtalk over here in the UK, I know it's about 6 hours after it's aired over there but Florio and Sims are still beating the drum of Lamar Jackson to the Commanders. I'm not saying I want it to happen but could Jackson be the player that finally takes us deep into the play-offs? And it also gives Snyder the chance to say **** *** to the NFL on his way out.

3 minutes ago, CommandB11 said:

That is the type of contract we should be looking at for LB. We missed one here IMO.

Did we? The Dolphins are an immeasurably more desirable location than we are. Who knows if we had interest, and who knows if that even matters.

• Thumb up 1

• Riggo-toni changed the title to The Official 2023 ES Free Agency Thread... Payne, Gates, RT Wylie, LB Barton
5 minutes ago, Conn said:

Did we? The Dolphins are an immeasurably more desirable location than we are. Who knows if we had interest, and who knows if that even matters.

We really need better facilities all around to be a lure...because DC isnt going to cut it...we got smithsonians!

Edited by dunfer

3 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

Watching Profootballtalk over here in the UK, I know it's about 6 hours after it's aired over there but Florio and Sims are still beating the drum of Lamar Jackson to the Commanders. I'm not saying I want it to happen but could Jackson be the player that finally takes us deep into the play-offs? And it also gives Snyder the chance to say **** *** to the NFL on his way out.

He couldn't take the Ravens deep into the playoffs, why would he for us? Check out his regular season stats vs his playoff stats. He's been terrible in the postseason.

8 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

Florio is banging that drum solo. Anyone else with any connections is saying there is no chance this a thing. 

6 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

To all the Lamar hopefuls (not you necessarily):

f2373163-413d-4b45-9d94-647a93241f77.gif.b66826991a311c6ac4b7ac5df7ce4303.gif

But seriously, even if giving up two 1sts and the type of contract Lamar apparently wants would be a good idea, I don't even know how DC could begin to fit all that guaranteed money under the cap.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

He couldn't take the Ravens deep into the playoffs, why would he for us? Check out his regular season stats vs his playoff stats. He's been terrible in the postseason.

Im not here to argue for Lamar and I think the entire topic is pointless because it’s not happening. 

But the NFC is a joke compared to the AFC…even Rodgers is about to go to the AFC. Maybe Stafford too. Hell even Jimmy G just went to the AFC lol. Lamar is instantly going to be a top-3 QB in the NFC capable of making a deep playoff run on the right team. And probably not #3. Anyways. It’s not happening here and shouldn’t imo. 

• Like 3

Can we please stop the Lamar talk.  We just paid Payne 90M guaranteed.  We have no money for Lamar.  I swear some fans think football teams can spend whatever they want like baseball.  Look at what's happening in Philly, they are losing players left and right to afford Hurts (i.e. Hurts is better than Lamar).  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Conn said:

Im not here to argue for Lamar and I think the entire topic is pointless because it’s not happening. 

But the NFC is a joke compared to the AFC…even Rodgers is about to go to the AFC. Maybe Stafford too. Hell even Jimmy G just went to the AFC lol. Lamar is instantly going to be a top-3 QB in the NFC capable of making a deep playoff run on the right team. And probably not #3. Anyways. It’s not happening here and shouldn’t imo. 

If I'm Detroit I look hard at Lamar....they need to do something to go deep in the playoffs and could use some star power. Offer Goff and two firsts for Lamar and Dobbins....that franchise would be changed instantly.

• Thumb down 1