Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: She friend-zoned him. He’s suing her for $2.3 million over it.

Cooked Crack

If you read the actual news around this story it sounds more creepy.  Relationship goes back to 2016... she didn't want to fo further in 2020... she even has some agreement to go into couseling together in 2021. They went to counseling for a year and then she wanted to pull away. 

I wondee how the heck she let it get to that point, but it could be cultural differences between east and west. 

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

As I get older I find I like the plutonic company of women way more than men anyway. Maybe its cause I'm married abut even when I'm attracted to a woman that's not my wife, I have no problem being friends. If anything it makes it easier cause I keep them at an appropriate distance and I don't have to explain why.... we both know already. 

Now that I think about it, im not sure when that started. But im much more comfortable around women now than I ever have been and the attraction hasn't changed. I was friend zoned alot in my day too. Most of my best friends were woman who were wayyy to hot for me and we were all cool about it. 

I played a lot of organized sports growing up. And the minute I hit puberty. I ditched the constant pissing contest and put 100% of my focus on females.

I learned early that “Bros before hoes” is complete BS.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

On 2/3/2023 at 11:09 AM, Fergasun said:

If you read the actual news around this story it sounds more creepy.  Relationship goes back to 2016... she didn't want to fo further in 2020... she even has some agreement to go into couseling together in 2021. They went to counseling for a year and then she wanted to pull away. 

I wondee how the heck she let it get to that point, but it could be cultural differences between east and west. 

Edited by Fan since a Fetus

Also, from a woman's point of view, most of us are raised to be compliant, make things work, and the old stand by you must be doing something wrong. I saw my mother go through **** with my dad, always waiting on him, trying hard to make things right all the while he was running around. They married in 1944 and finally divorced in the mid 70s. I vowed never to live my life like that. And for the most part I was successful. 

It's hard for women to overcome these patriarchal constructs. Women pursuing their interests in the workplace, academia, homes, whatever, and having control over their reproductive system made it better for women as a whole. I wish all women would realize their freedoms. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

People who can't respect being friends don't deserve any attention.

People who feel the need to harass or continually push someone for romance after being told "we're only friends" don't deserve any attention.

I've been "friendzoned" before and I simply removed myself from the situation without anger or resentment. I was never vague or deceptive about my intentions in the first place and felt like staying in touch would only cause me sadness. 

Obviously this dudes a kook, but if you’re a dude that’s never been friend zoned and butthurt about it - have you even lived?

There you are, the funny one, the shoulder to cry on, for her to talk to about everything.  She has awful taste in men and they constantly treat her poorly, cheat on her etc.  There you are, fitting the exact description of what she says she wants in a man and relationship.  But she doesn’t want to eff you.  

This scenario builds character!

3 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Obviously this dudes a kook, but if you’re a dude that’s never been friend zoned and butthurt about it - have you even lived?

There you are, the funny one, the shoulder to cry on, for her to talk to about everything.  She has awful taste in men and they constantly treat her poorly, cheat on her etc.  There you are, fitting the exact description of what she says she wants in a man and relationship.  But she doesn’t want to eff you.  

I remember when we got friend zoned by Kirk.  

It was hard.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

That part in bold has been me often through my adult years with numerous female friends, but I was never friend-zoned...if anything, I had to do the friend-zoning lol. It was to the point that one female friend told her roommate that she thought I must be gay because I wasn't trying to get her into bed (her roommate told me this late one night). Actually, I may have been friend-zoned by some female friends, I guess, but didn't realize it because I wasn't trying to take things further? Is that possible? Or can you only be friend-zoned when you have amorous intentions and make them known?

1 hour ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

I remember when we got friend zoned by Kirk.  

It was hard.

Whoa, too much info there, bud...

...unless by "it" you meant something completely different.

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated

23 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

No, I'd say that too is a bad outcome. Why? 

Edit: I think you're trying too hard to fight on this.

"All but at most one romantic relationship in any given person's lifetime will have a bad outcome" was the statement. That's true in any number of ways. Either you have a series of breakups, end up widowed from your soulmate, grow old in a loveless marriage, etc. They all add up to those people have one or fewer relationships ending well. Again, I didn't mean that every breakup or split had to mean that you hate the person after...just that the romantic aspect didn't work. 

Rarely, we find our person and grow old happily and peacefully together. 

Unless people die at pretty much exactly the same time, they won't meet your "good outcome" metric either.

Outcomes that are bad (by this standard):

Breakup

Spend entire lives together unhappy

Spend entire lives together happy, but someone dies first

Outcomes that are good (by this standard):

?

7 hours ago, Switchgear said:

Unless people die at pretty much exactly the same time, they won't meet your "good outcome" metric either.

Breakup

?

Thelma and Louise.

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, Switchgear said:

Breakup

?

Yeah, I don't disagree. I concede that "good" and "bad" are relative and there's a sliding scale. And, if my wife and I live to be extremely old and I pass away 7 years before her, I think many would consider that a good outcome. So I understand your point. 

My primary point is that, generally speaking, an individual usually would only look back on their lives having had ONE romantic relationship that truly worked out successfully. Others failed because people weren't a good match, chemistry wasn't right, timing wasn't right, they had different values, whatever...but they failed to work out. 

• Thumb up 1