Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Everything 118th Congress Thread

@DCGoldPants

49 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Dems need to hammer this issue for the next 9 months. They were going to give the GOP the immigration bill the GOP wanted and the GOP would rather play politics. 

Make that known every damn day. 

I'm a broken record on how stupid and weak the dems are with opportunities like this. The ads write themselves. They could play clips of the same people demanding exactly this, and then saying the will vote against it. Then have a Morgan Freeman sounding voice ask why Republicans are doing this. Is it because they want open borders to help win an election? And then tell viewers to call their Reps and Senators to ask why they flip-flopped on this after they got what they asked for.

They have the money to do this right now, and the runway long enough to get that message out there. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Fergasun said:

Between not having a budget; the tax bill that passed the House, but may not pass the Senate; the very mild immigration bill that will probably pass the Senate, but not the House: delayed aid for Ukraine and Israel... I can't think of a worse Congress than this one.

All on the Republican Fascists.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

28 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

But that's only if you think they're introducing this bill to try to pass it. 

If the plan is "hold a show vote, and then yell real loud that the Dems killed it", this fits the plan perfectly. 

2 hours ago, Chew said:

There are only "a few hundred million people" in this country.  I guarantee not all of them know what an idiot he is.  I would wager that a vast majority couldn't even name the Speaker of the House, let alone know anything about how well, or poorly, he's doing his job.

• Like 2

GOP lawmaker says fellow Republican colleague should get a 'code red beat down': report

Rep. Ronny Jackson (R-TX) did not take kindly to reports that his fellow right-wing Texas lawmaker, Rep. Chip Roy, could make a move to oust House Speaker Mike Johnson (R-LA) from the gavel, KSDK's Mark Maxwell reported on Wednesday.

“I love Chip Roy, but Chip Roy is a major pain in the ass for all of us a few times,” Jackson told the crowd at a GOP panel held at an American Legion post.

According to Maxwell, Jackson then "Suggest[ed] Roy could use a 'code red' beat down from ‘A Few Good Men.’"

Jackson, who represents the Texas Panhandle and the Wichita Falls area, previously served in a White House physician role under multiple presidents, and was accused of having been frequently intoxicated while in that job, as well as sexually harassing staff, mishandling drugs, and crashing a government vehicle while drunk.

He recently made headlines after he was briefly detained by police for getting into a foul-mouthed screaming match with officers while trying to administer medical aid at a rodeo in Amarillo.

Click on the link for the full article