Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Everything 118th Congress Thread

@DCGoldPants

and this supports my belief he doesn't want to be speaker. There are not enough House GOPers who support that now where he wouldn't get the 218. He's sabotaging his own campaign here to then flip and raise money for himself and get to run committees that make him more popular with the more extreme voters.

Edited by @DCGoldPants
  • Thumb down 3

They should totally vote in as their speaker. He'll rarely show up for the work. He'll be unable to push their agenda forward in the backrooms. He'll try to do everything from the podium without understanding process. Then he'll blame his own party when they can't make things that aren't possible, happen. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

Well, we know it's alway about him, so mostly he'll bloviate and then tell the judges in all his cases that the schedules will have to be pushed back because he has important work deadlines in Congress that he can't avoid.

3 minutes ago, China said:

Well, we know it's alway about him, so mostly he'll bloviate and then tell the judges in all his cases that the schedules will have to be pushed back because he has important work deadlines in Congress that he can't avoid.

Oh well, he took the job before he accepted this role. Plus, when he doesn't show for a fundraiser for whoever in a swing state because he wasn't getting the majority of that money, that's when it'll be fun to read about.

18 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

GTFO, you stupid b-word.

I don't know a whole lot about Nancy Mace, but a high level read on Wikipedia...she doesn't seem that bad.

- Fought for a rape and incest inclusion/exception in a SC state abortion ban.

- Opposed Trump on offshore drilling

- Has a pretty solid voting record on LGBTQ rights.

- Voted for the respect for marriage act, a minority position among Republicans

- Legalizing marijuana

- Critical of the Roe v. Wade overturn

- Voted to hold Steve Bannon in contempt and was publicly critical of Trump post January 6.

- First woman to graduate from The Citadel.

She has her warts and I know a lot of this board is pretty anti Republican by default, but she seems like one of the less crazy ones to me.

I've got some research to do, apparently.  I find it very hard to believe that she's the first female graduate from The Citadel...because a female classmate of mine in '84 was headed there and I doubt very seriously that she gave up.  (You do know what it's like there, I'm assuming?) 

But a degree from UGA only garners you a handicapped parking sticker (unless you're in veterinary medicine or atmospheric science, from what I know from living here for 30+ years.) 

Also, what she says and how she votes are two entirely different things. (hint)

• Like 1