Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at New Jersey ~ Moxie Blinders Edition

TK
Message added by TK,

973072700_ScreenShot2022-12-04at4_31_42PM.thumb.png.19a6e3e0e6511360c4c85258c2975af0.png

Just now, wit33 said:

Where was the bad clock management? Truly curious as I could’ve missed it. 

Final 6 games last year he totaled 35 yards. The dude hasn’t used them over last 12 games. It’s wild. 

I thought he was fine today. Not sure why everyone’s seems down on him. I feel like I’m in a very neutral position relating to him, so very limited bias. 

Your thoughts on his play today?

The Giants punted. We had the ball inside the ten and we chose to pass. Essentially, given our averages, we could have run the ball down the field for a potential shot for a field goal. Instead we choose to throw a pass where there was zero blocking and Heinicke by rights should have fumbled. But he didn’t. However the loss of yards made it so we had to punt and now instead of it being almost an assured tie we are staring a loss square in the face.

• Thanks 1

saw some of the postgame interviews with players on the offense saying they dont know how to feel after the tie. the defense definitely knows how they feel. they feel that the offense ****ing sucks. this team needs to build a winners mindset, this game should not have been a tie. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Final 6 games last year he totaled 35 yards. The dude hasn’t used them over last 12 games. It’s wild. 

I thought he was fine today. Not sure why everyone’s seems down on him. I feel like I’m in a very neutral position relating to him, so very limited bias. 

Your thoughts on his play today?

His play today IMO was mediocre. 

The frustrating thing about him is he has played some bad secondaries including the Giants, Minnesota, Atlanta and it doesn’t seem to elevate his play even though the running game should make his life much easier.

I think he has 3 weapons that are useful 

A. Dexterity in the pocket 

B. Plays with emotion which his teammates respond to 

C. Has moments in the clutch.

Overall what’s frustrating to me about him is it seems like the passing game has a hard ceiling with him. Some say it would be different with better O line play. I agree to some extent but not in a big way. I don’t think he has the accuracy, arm strength and  decision making chops to ever be a good QB. 

I feel a bit more negative about him this year than last year because his lack of running in games  bothers me. He’s not really had a great game yet. Last year he arguably had 3. And this roster IMO is really good sans QB and O line and I didn’t feel that way last year.  So I do think even average QB play might give us a shot at the big dance. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

Mohomes, Burrow, Herbert.......first round picks. Carr was a third that hasn't done anything at all. Please don't use them as a comparison to Heinicke who was never ever drafted anywhere anytime. Of course the lack of arm is apparent......or he would have been drafted somewhere in seven rounds. However, he seems to be better than Wentz and Howell, 1st and 5th rounds respectively.....otherwise they would be playing, correct? Both of which have laser arms by the way. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

Mohomes, Burrow, Herbert.......first round picks. Carr was a third that hasn't done anything at all. Please don't use them as a comparison to Heinicke who was never ever drafted anywhere anytime. Of course the lack of arm is apparent......or he would have been drafted somewhere in seven rounds. However, he seems to be better than Wentz and Howell, 1st and 5th rounds respectively.....otherwise they would be playing, correct? Both of which have laser arms by the way. 

Not sure you can make the statement about Howell.

Edited by KDawg

5 hours ago, Dissident2 said:

The run to Robinson on I think second down in OT was just a horrendous call. The Giants were playing that COMPLETELY. Ran him right into a brick wall. Don't know if Heinicke has the authority to audible there, but a play action would've been a huge gainer. Both teams were horrible in OT. 

Both were playing not to lose.

12 minutes ago, Reaper Skins said:

The reffing in this game was so blatantly one sided and atrocious I'm tempted to start some sort of "conspiracy thread" about it...

604022302_giphy(2).gif.36cd93a907bfde1a4b07f5b5299f8d0a.gif

I think there were three god awful calls that had an impact.  The PI pick up, the illegal block on Thomas, and the taunting call on the Giants center.  Inexcusable.

• Thumb up 1

Just now, KDawg said:

Not sure you can make the statement about a Howell.

Which statement? Arm strength or playing? If it's playing, then I absolutely can because he isn't playing. We are 13 games in.....if they thought for one second he gave the team a better chance of winning he would be in. Right? Please tell me you don't think they know he is a better QB but are hiding him until next year......we are squeaking by these games. Put his ass in and let him play, supposedly he is more mobile, better arm. What could possibly go wrong, those almost picks today would have been picks. But I'm just a fan and have no knowledge as to why Rivera and company won't play the better prospect. But I am tired of reading the thread every single day about how bad Heinicke is and how Howell or Wentz should be starting but they aren't. Why? It sure as **** isn't the moxie crap. Guy looks terrible out there.....poor little fella getting mugged on every down. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

21 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

2 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

Which statement? Arm strength or playing? If it's playing, then I absolutely can because he isn't playing. We are 13 games in.....if they thought for one second he gave the team a better chance of winning he would be in. Right? Please tell me you don't think they know he is a better QB but are hiding him until next year......we are squeaking by these games. Put his ass in and let him play, supposedly he is more mobile, better arm. What could possibly go wrong, those almost picks today would have been picks. But I'm just a fan and have no knowledge as to why Rivera and company won't play the better prospect. But I am tired of reading the thread every single day about how bad Heinicke is and how Howell or Wentz should be starting but they aren't. Why? It sure as **** isn't the moxie crap. Guy looks terrible out there.....poor little fella getting mugged on every down. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

“He seems to be better than Wentz and Howell”.

No way to know that based on the current situation. There is a very real possibility Howell stinks. There is also the possibility that Rivera won’t play him this year regardless of his preparedness or Heinicke’s performance save for an injury. 

My point is none of us can say anything definitive about Howell at the moment. And you can’t read into the coaching decisions. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KDawg said:

“He seems to be better than Wentz and Howell”.

No way to know that based on the current situation. There is a very real possibility Howell stinks. There is also the possibility that Rivera won’t play him this year regardless of his preparedness or Heinicke’s performance save for an injury. 

My point is none of us can say anything definitive about Howell at the moment. And you can’t read into the coaching decisions. 

I can say definitivelysay that Howell isn't playing and that was my point in the previous post. Maybe the coaches know he stinks and Heinicke is the only guy they have to play the position...which is a failure on their part. Wentz was a long shot and Howell is a project. We are now stuck with Heinicke. Which apparently some on this site think the coaches are terrified to let throw the ball....hence my earlier discussion. Anyway...enjoy the evening. We still have a shot at one and done unless the coaches get this train wreck figured out. Lots of bad play calling today and an Oline that is broken beyond repair.

Edited by tmandoug1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

The giants play calling at the end of the fourth was suspect.

That last drive of regulation was interesting. They saw one on one matchups downfield and took shots. Slayton dropped one that would have put them right on the edge of FG range. The second was a bad throw into coverage(not even close to PI). 

They should have done what they did the end of the 1st half and just run the ball. They still had all 3 TOs and only needed a long FG. Barkley can easily rip one there and if he doesn't, you just kill the clock and go to OT.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

That last drive of regulation was interesting. They saw one on one matchups downfield and took shots. Slayton dropped one that would have put them right on the edge of FG range. The second was a bad throw into coverage(not even close to PI). 

They should have done what they did the end of the 1st half and just run the ball. They still had all 3 TOs and only needed a long FG. Barkley can easily rip one there and if he doesn't, you just kill the clock and go to OT.

Exactly.  Take a shot.  Fine.  But two in a row with no time off the clock and Washington saving their timeouts?  

10 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Exactly.  Take a shot.  Fine.  But two in a row with no time off the clock and Washington saving their timeouts?  

Well their QB was almost perfect passing the ball up until those 3 passes. So the defense must have stepped up.