Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election 2024: 11/5/24- Prosecutor vs Felon

88Comrade2000

11 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

You should try Texas. The roads in the Capital Austin are horrible. That's Travis County. My county is a bit better but generally horrible. The corporations make a boatload of profits though.

I don't remember having much trouble with the roads in Texas.  Granted, I only traveled to Austin a couple times, and I was only there for a year or so.  I do remember really liking the layout of highways with the so-called Texas Turnaround.

Edited by PokerPacker
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, tshile said:

I also now realize I have no idea how the federal gas tax works. Where I live has great roads. When I’m in other states I see ****ty roads. I don’t know who the net contributors/takers are on the federal gas tax, but if the argument is make the states foot the bill im perfectly fine with that. 

I don’t understand why states like MD and PA have such ****ty roads. But I’m certainly fine with my money not going to them, cause they obviously don’t know what they’re doing, and I’m not really interested in them having anything to do with what goes on here. 

If I may...fed gas taxes are largely distributed back to the States via various FHWA highway (85%) and FTA transit (15%) grant programs. 

Depending on the specific grants, total lane miles, air quality, stste population, and other measurable factors go in to the States allocation.  That said,  it's not nearly enough to cover interstate/US Highway repairs and rehabilitation (and transit).  Which is why State's supplement this funding with there own gas taxes. 

• Thanks 2

‘Stop Hiding Behind Your Failed Social Media Site, Coward’: Chris Christie Responds To Trump’s Late-Night Attack

After Donald Trump launched a late-night tirade against Chris Christie on his Truth Social website, the former New Jersey governor issued a direct challenge to Trump, stating, “Keep it coming, Donald,” and challenged him to show courage by debating him face-to-face instead of hiding behind his failed social media platform.

“If he had any guts, he’d get on the debate stage,” Christie said. “And he’s got things to say about me? Stop hiding behind your social media site, your failed social media site, Donald, and start taking me on directly. Show up. Stop being a coward.”

When asked by CNN’s Wolf Blitzer about Trump’s refusal to participate in debates, Christie pointed out Trump’s inability to fulfill campaign promises.

“If I had his record, I wouldn’t want to debate either,” Christie said. He said he was going to balance the budget in four years, as a business man. He added $7 trillion to the national debt. He said he was going to build a ‘big, beautiful wall’ across the entire border of Mexico. He built 52 miles of new wall in four years. And he said Mexico was gonna pay for it. They never did. He said he was gonna repeal and replace Obamacare. He had a Republican Congress, he couldn’t get it done. Look, that’s not a record to be proud of.”

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 3

Looks like all of Trump's troubles are keeping him up at night (well, that and the adderall):

‘DESTROYING OUR COUNTRY!’ Trump Goes on Dead-of-Night Rage Bender At Howard Stern and Biden’s ‘All-Electric Car Hoax’

At 1:57 a.m., Trump wrote on his Truth Social account:

The real Howard Stern is a weak, pathetic, and disloyal guy, who lost his friends and MUCH of his audience. Until just recently, I haven’t heard his name mentioned in years. I did his show many times in the good old days, and then he went Woke, and nobody cares about him any longer. I don’t know what they (really!) pay him, but it shouldn’t be much. His influence is gone, and without that, he’s got NOTHING – Just a broken weirdo, unattractive both inside and out, trying like hell to be relevant!

Then at 2:31 a.m. Trump posted his version of events surrounding the UAW strike:

Crooked Joe Biden had no intention of going to visit the United Autoworkers, until I announced that I would be heading to Michigan to be with them, & help then out. Actually, Crooked Joe sold them down the river with his ridiculous all Electric Car Hoax. This wasn’t Biden’s idea, he can’t put two sentences together. It was the idea of the Radical Left Fascists, Marxists, & Communists who control him and who, in so doing, are DESTROYING OUR COUNTRY! Within 3 years, all of these cars will be made in China. That’s what Sleepy Joe wants, because China pays him and his family a FORTUNE. He is a Manchurian Candidate. If the UAW “leadership” doesn’t ENDORSE me, and if I don’t win the Election, the Autoworkers are “toast,” with our great truckers to follow. Crooked Joe Biden is the most Corrupt and Incompetent President in the history of the USA. If he is able to gather the energy to show up, tell him to go to the Southern Border instead, & to leave the Car Industry alone!

What actually happened was the UAW slammed Trump for planning what they called a “stunt” visit, then invited President Biden to join the picket line — an invitation that the president accepted. He will stand with striking workers on Tuesday.

Click on the link for the full story

• Haha 2

I don’t know what they (really!) pay him, but it shouldn’t be much.

Sterns current contract is for like $20 million a year. 

I haven't listened to Stern in decades but his ratings are comparable to #1 Podcaster Joe Rogan. Sounds like Trump is butthurt Stern cleaned up his show and does mostly interviews these days, which Trump ain't been invented to do. 🤭

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Sterns current contract is for like $20 million a year. 

I haven't listened to Stern in decades but his ratings are comparable to #1 Podcaster Joe Rogan. Sounds like Trump is butthurt Stern cleaned up his show and does mostly interviews these days, which Trump ain't been invented to do. 🤭

Not just hasn't been invited, but Stern said Trump won't talk to him since Donald asked him to come on stage and endorse him in 2016, and Stern refused, being a Hillary Clinton supporter.  Later he's said Trump needs therapy.  He may have said some other things more recently that triggered this latest outburst from Trump.

• Thanks 2

On 9/22/2023 at 3:38 PM, The Evil Genius said:

So what's Nimarata's plan on how to pay for highway/interstate/bridge rehabilitation and repair? 

To be fair, we'll need an alternative to relying heavily on gas tax for that anyway...so it's gonna be tolls...Pete's hinted at it, someone will have no choice but to put it in place.

14 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Probably the best solution is ausage tax (as in per mile driven). But no one ever wants to pay that. 

Wouldn’t that be regressive to those that are priced out of places to live near areas where the jobs are and have to commute long distances. It would be great for white collar workers who have the privilege of working from home?

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Ball Security said:

Wouldn’t that be regressive to those that are priced out of places to live near areas where the jobs are and have to commute long distances. It would be great for white collar workers who have the privilege of working from home?

So basically the same as the current gas tax? But less dependent on unefficient gas models? 

Fwiw, I'd also probably add a vehicle weight penalty (or multiplier) into my model. You choose to drive a large truck or SUV on the highway, then you pay an extra penalty when the usage is recorded. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Confused 1