Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

14 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

I made my stance pretty clear about how this ends. You became a Harris zealot for a while and amplified it 3 weeks ago. Now that it’s looking like that’s not happening you are adjusting. Btw saying something is 50/50 when there are only two likely option is the same as saying nothing. A lot of words and posts and basically saying nothing.  

I put my name on how this ends like a man. Zero ambiguity. Let’s see who is correct soon enough. 

Pretty confident talk from a guy who claimed that Harris was only here to sabotage the team for Eagles fans 😂😂. I suspect your “victory lap“ isn’t going to be quite as enjoyable as you think it is. SIP is merely summarizing the facts as we know them, and 50/50 seems about right as it stands. He’s not trying to make it about himself as you seem to be. It’s not a contest.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

This is entirely within the realm of possibility.

Would be great, but would take too long. The longer this takes, the more chance something happens to screw it up. The sooner Snyder is gone, the sooner we can all breathe easy. This is why I’m calling for Bezos to stop sitting on his pile of money like Scrooge McDuck, and do something!

7 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

I wonder what the chance is, a deal is already done and we just don't know about it yet.

I think it's very possible an agreement in principle has been struck which is why you're seeing stuff like that settlement announced.  They probably want to clear a few more things up before making any formal announcement. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SoCalSkins said:

Bezos hired Allen and Company and entered into an NDA with Dan. He hasn’t leaked a word. Jay Z hasn’t said a peep. They are handling business like pros. Bezos would not waste his time or Jay Z’s time if he wasn’t going to buy the team. This only ends with Bezos owning the team. It’s gone too far for anything else. 

Harris has to try and do a song and dance and have Magic beg Dan to accept via the Today show. He trots out RG3 thinking the fans will embrace the bid more.

Just because Harris is loud about his bid doesn’t mean a thing. It’s good publicity for him. When you google his name now you get news about the Washington sale and the Broncos sale and some stuff about the Sixers and Devils. The stories about the Rico lawsuit and him hiring private investigators to look into his partners are lower on the search results now. 

My point being that, if the anointed endgame is simply Bezos coming in over the bid of Harris/Rales/Johnson, then why hasn't he done so? Enough time has passed since the last round the offers we know aren't serious that this should be over... if indeed he's truly interested after looking at everything there is to know.

That Snyder still has mouthpieces out there saying "Dan is more than willing to accept a bid from Jeff Bezos" kind of tells me he hasn't turned in one yet.

Edited by ntotoro
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

My point being that, if the anointed endgame is simply Bezos coming in over the bid of Harris/Rales/Johnson, then why hasn't he done so? Enough time has passed since the last round the offers we know aren't serious that this should be over... if indeed he's truly interested after looking at everything there is to know.

That Snyder still has mouthpieces out there saying "Dan is more than willing to accept a bid from Jeff Bezos" kind of tells me he hasn't turned in one yet.

When Allen and Company recommend to Bezos it’s go time that when he will bid. We are not there yet. The longer the wait the more inevitable. Just because you think enough time has passed doesn’t mean the pros running the purchase for him feel the same way. 

Look what has happened in the past 3 weeks. Harris has been dangling in the wind looking like a chump. Dan’s option to not to sell to Bezos eroding each day. It went from Dan isn't letting Bezos bid to Dan would take a  bid from Bezos to Dan won’t turn down a Bezos offer. 

If Dan’s decision timeline is mid May as has been reported, it’s in Bezos interest to bid close to that soft deadline. Almost like an EBay auction. You want to come in at the end.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

Exactly.  And he hasn’t because he won’t.  And Snyder knows he won’t, otherwise he’d still be playing the “I’m not sure I want to sell to Bezos” cards.

Instead he’s constantly getting the name Bezos out trying to scare the last legitimate bidder into a higher offer.  It’s the end of the end game, basically a staring contest between Harris and Snyder

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

When Allen and Company recommend to Bezos it’s go time that when he will bid. We are not there yet. The longer the wait the more inevitable. Just because you think enough time has passed doesn’t mean the pros running the purchase for him feel the same way. 

Look what has happened in the past 3 weeks. Harris has been dangling in the wind looking like a chump. Dan’s option to not to sell to Bezos eroding each day. It went from Dan isn't letting Bezos bid to Dan would take a  bid from Bezos to Dan won’t turn down a Bezos offer. 

If Dan’s decision timeline is mid May as has been reported, it’s in Bezos interest to bid close to that soft deadline. Almost like an EBay auction. You want to come in at the end.

Harris is waiting out the bluff from Dan that Bezos is going to come in and bail him out. He doesn't need to put an expiration on his deal or threaten to rescind it. Dan is the desperate one here, the one who is using surrogates to put out crap since this whole thing started. Bezos, if he really wanted the team and thought it was a good investment, already knew what he needed to outbit and still didn't do it. Bezos' team has had two months to look over the books. They'd have turned in something by now if they were truly interested.

Dan will hold out, but he can only afford to do so for so long. He's not playing anyone. Everyone knows he cannot afford to keep this team and everyone knows the books are a mess,

3 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

Harris is waiting out the bluff from Dan that Bezos is going to come in and bail him out. He doesn't need to put an expiration on his deal or threaten to rescind it. Dan is the desperate one here, the one who is using surrogates to put out crap since this whole thing started. Bezos, if he really wanted the team and thought it was a good investment, already knew what he needed to outbit and still didn't do it. Bezos' team has had two months to look over the books. They'd have turned in something by now if they were truly interested.

Dan will hold out, but he can only afford to do so for so long. He's not playing anyone. Everyone knows he cannot afford to keep this team and everyone knows the books are a mess,

We don't know that Bezos' team hasn't submitted a bid. The last tweet from the fox guy was over a week ago.

5 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

Bezos, if he really wanted the team and thought it was a good investment, already knew what he needed to outbit and still didn't do it. Bezos' team has had two months to look over the books. They'd have turned in something by now if they were truly interested

This is just pure nonsense. Just because you think it’s been long enough doesn’t make it so. 

Bezos has the bankers who closed the last two NFL sales running the deal for him. The same ones who closed the Washington Post sale for him. When they tell him it’s go time that when he will close it. Dan will wait until then. The past 3 weeks have proven that fact. 

16 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

This is just pure nonsense. Just because you think it’s been long enough doesn’t make it so. 

Bezos has the bankers who closed the last two NFL sales running the deal for him. The same ones who closed the Washington Post sale for him. When they tell him it’s go time that when he will close it. Dan will wait until then. The past 3 weeks have proven that fact. 

It's nonsense that Dan is the desperate one here and that he needs Bezos more than Bezos needs this team?

4 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

It's nonsense that Dan is the desperate one here and that he needs Bezos more than Bezos needs this team?

Bezos is the world’s 3rd richest human. When you have an asset for sale that person is interested in you wait on him. Similarly, if he wants it and his actions have shown he does, he will own it in the end. It’s not complicated.

6 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Bezos is the world’s 3rd richest human. When you have an asset for sale that person is interested in you wait on him. Similarly, if he wants it and his actions have shown he does, he will own it in the end. It’s not complicated.

If he's really interested, though, he could end it right now.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

10 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

I'm tired of the delays. Just send in Alec Baldwin from Glengarry Glen Ross:

ec9a31bc78dfcafb845dcd4dd329011a-alecgle

To Snyder: "Put that Crown Royal down!! Crown Royal's for sellers only. Do you think I'm f---in' with you? I am not f---in' with you. I'm here from downtown. I'm here from Jerruh and Mara. And I'm here on a mission of mercy. Your name's Snyder?...You call yourself an owner, you son of a b*tch?

"Oh, have I got your attention now? Good. 'Cause we're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Premier League futbol team. In another country. Across an ocean. Anybody want to see second prize? Second prize's a vat of melting vanilla ice cream. Third prize is a bag of stale peanuts from Braniff Airlines. Fourth prize is we vote you out. You get the picture? You laughing now?  Hit the bricks, pal, and beat it 'cause you are going OUT!"

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, spjunkies said:

Let's remember everyone, at the end of the day we all are fans of the same terrible franchise no matter who turns out to be right or wrong :)

We're in this thing together, mates!

Agree.  Speaking for myself I don't see this exercise at all, not even a whit about who guesses who ends up with the team or not.  For me I don't give a rats behind about that.  That's just random luck.  Heck even the reporters who end up guessing it right -- also random luck.

As to these prospective owners, if I knew them personally, then heck I am taking it beyond luck.  But we don't know them.  I guess we can bet on which reporters we trust to be right -- at this point there isn't much though they disagree on.  Only disagreement I can see is some think the bid gets accepted before the draft to help set up the vote for the May meeting and some think the bid gets accepted right before the May meeting.   Both points arrive at the same point though for different reasons which is they want to push this at the May meeting. 

I just crave any information about Dan selling so he gets out of the way and as for the prospective owners, who are these guys and do we think they'd be good or not for the team -- and that point takes some time to digest.  The biggest mystery is Steven A, I got no idea, seems to be almost nothing on him to digest.  No matter who buys the team, its going to be a great day IMO -- its almost impossible IMO to be as bad as Dan, I expect any of these guys to be a major improvement over Dan in every way possible.

As for the guessing stuff.  Who knows.  Am listening to Grant and Danny right now, both of whom are guessing that Bezos doesn't bid.  They had a caller call in who claims he knows someone in the know that told him Bezos isn't going to bid.    But all that stuff is speculation.  What Dan does or Bezos does obviously no one knows outside the two of them.  So will see.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

I’ve never believed it was going to be Bezos, and nothing has convinced me otherwise. Only as has been highlighted, the Harris group is believed to already be overpaying as is, and I just don’t see Bezos wanting to be seen as the one who ultimately overpays the most, regardless of how much he’s worth and to ultimately line the pockets of someone it’s known he has bad blood with. Reputation has a tremendous value even amongst the super-rich, after all.

As has been rightly pointed out though, nobody should give a frogs fat ass (love me some classic Chevy Chase!) if they’re wrong or right, as the be all is removing Dan for good and something everyone should celebrate when that eventually happens.  

• Like 2

Unless your stupid wealthy, I'm wondering if most offers have an artificial expiration date.

If you have a substantial portion of your net worth tied up in your proposal, I'd assume its like buying a house where you would need to show some stability in your bank account.

This might be even more prevalent for minority owners who are not the multi-billionares like those at the head of the ticket. All these guys have other businesses and ventures, how long can you dangle in the wind until some other matter presses you to withdraw?

• Like 1

Well yes, you *would* think an offer between $5.5 B and $6 B would be a smash accept but we're talking about Dan Snyder here.

"You’d think being offered anywhere between $5.5 to $6 billion would be a smash accept".

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/lifestyle-buzz/commanders-sell-on-hold-because-dan-snyder-reportedly-wants-a-lot-more/ar-AA19GTNP

>>Commanders Sell On Hold Because Dan Snyder Reportedly Wants A Lot More

Rumors continue to spread regarding the eventual sale of the Washington Commanders.

As of right now, there is one bid standing as the best potential offer. However, Dan Snyder might be waiting for someone else to make a larger bid.

According to Front Office Sports, the Commanders’ current owner is reportedly seeking an offer that is more than $6 billion. As of right now, nobody is fulfilling that request.

The Josh Harris Group currently has the best offer on the table. Front Office Sports claims the group which includes Magic Johnson and Mitchell Rales, “entered a bid between $5.5 billion and $6 billion.”

New reports suggest Dan Snyder wants an offer that goes north of $6 billion. Some speculate Jeff Bezos could step in last minute and make a bid for the Commanders.

However, all has been quiet regarding Bezos, per Front Office Sports.

“Meanwhile, Snyder is hoping there’s enough curb appeal for another bidder to enter the picture — and he may need Amazon founder Jeff Bezos to make that a reality. Bezos hired a banking firm, but has not entered the bidding process.”

You’d think being offered anywhere between $5.5 to $6 billion would be a smash accept.

But here we are, with the Commanders still up for sale.

With that said, a potential purchase should be made soon, as the current highest offer may just be the best one Dan Snyder receives.<<

• Thanks 1