Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

43 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I gotcha and I've heard him several time on Sheehan too just not today.  Regardless of whether he hates grandstanders who are trying to make a name for themselves as they leave office he seemed to have some real worries so hopefully he's just being over passionate about the situation.

From my prospective I'm worried something is going to happen that prolongs this sale, Its a bit selfish on my part but when I heard what he said today it created instant anxiety.

long story short, I've worked for some public officials, state attorney candidates, attorney general candidates, so I know what he means.  Politics can impinge on the process because they are up for election.  So I sensed his frustration about these types and in some small way I can relate.

In general, I like Gutman.  Smart guy and very likeable in my book.

As for prolonging the sale, yeah I don't know.  Dan is such a wildcard.  the more crap happens and the more this drags out -- the more it will feel like to me amazing if we finally get rid of the douche. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

16 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It’s likely she’s knows he’s a scumbag, but the sexual harassment stuff and the detail surrounding it, adds an additional layer.  She could take him for 1/2 his worth and maybe that’s coming post sale.

Maybe not just after but I almost guarantee she leaves him. He's not just done in the NFL, he's DONE. 

• Thumb up 1

I am a 100% fanatic of course of this team but I am about 80% intensity give or take a Liverpool fan in comparison.  I catch every game, flew abroad to watch them live and will probably do so again this season.

So I followed them closely.  Henry took over Liverpool during a down period and after some initial ups and downs, quickly built a winner.  In the Premier League there is no cap, so some oil tycoons that own other teams, specifically Man City have an advantage over Liverpool but Liverpool has come close to keeping pace and won their first premier league after about a 30 year drought, similar to this team's draught.

He's a classy dude from what I can tell and he's smart.  He actually might be better than Bezos.  Bezos has some douche in him.  I've not seen any douche at all in Henry.  He comes off really classy and likeable. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumb down 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

This lawsuit hardly constitutes "bet the company" litigation. I doubt it'll be even a speed bump in the potential sale of the team. I'm sure the buyer will require it to be settled pre-closing or for Snyder to indemnify the team for damages awarded against it.

If the DC AG follows through and publishes a lot of damning info, it might just lower the selling price a wee bit, however. Damage to the organizational reputation and all that...

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

“The depositions are likely to occur not on a yacht, but in a conference room in the District of Columbia,” Racine said. “Because no one is above the law.”

Hey Danny boy.....do we have your attention now?

Glengarry Glen Ross Alec Baldwin GIF - Glengarry Glen Ross Alec Baldwin Do I Have Your Attention GIFs

Edited by sebestian
  • Haha 4

14 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

I want Jeff Bezos not the baseball nerd guy 😌

I dunno.  Henry has a proven track record as a sports team owner and has already revitalized one storied franchise that was in tatters (a bit hyperbolic...but you get my point).  We could certainly do worse.

• Like 9

18 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

I want Jeff Bezos not the baseball nerd guy 😌

I am ok with Bezos but watching my share of CNBC, its not much of a secret that Bezos is major jerk (to put it mildly) and not the most likeable guy.  And some of his business practices haven't been lauded as to how he treats his workers among other things.  Don't get me wrong, I'd take him.  Love that he has money.  But I wouldn't say he has the most pristine reputation for how he is behavior wise.

Henry from what I observed is super nice guy, classy.  He's sort of like a Tom Landry type personality wise.  

I've had a front row seat to his prowess being a Liverpool fan (rooting for him) and a Yankee fan (rooting against him).  And he's been impressive.

In both cases of the Red Sox and Liverpool he took over iconic franchises who were far from their peak and quick brought them championships after long draughts and energized both brands.

In many ways, he's the perfect owner for this team -- some parallels here to what he had to do with other clubs.

John Henry and the Making of a Red Sox Baseball Dynasty

The Red Sox’s owner didn’t buy a championship team. He built one by doing the math

April 25, 2014 at 12:11 AM EDT

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/7005442/mlb-how-john-henry-built-sports-empire-espn-magazine

What Henry has done in Boston since his arrival is assuredly wonderful. With the help of Tom Werner and Larry Lucchino, Theo Epstein and Tito Francona, Papelbon and Papi, he has transformed the franchise from the mom-and-pop Sawx into a team that could contend on a yearly basis with the guys from the Bronx. Henry has brought Boston not one but two World Series trophies and made Fenway the best experience in baseball, witness its 700-plus (and counting) straight sellouts.

Henry loves facts -- "I don't read fiction" -- so here are some. He was an asthmatic farm boy who grew up worshipping a miner's son named Stan Musial; a philosophy major who fell under the thrall of Indian individualist Jiddu Krishnamurti; a rock musician who shaved his eyebrows to play a space alien in a rock opera; a mathematical whiz who was banned from Las Vegas blackjack tables; a commodities trader who watched soybeans grow into a beanstalk that eventually yielded ownership of some of the most storied franchises in Major League Baseball, NASCAR (Roush Fenway Racing) and the Premier League (Liverpool FC). You have to make this stuff up.

But it's not just Henry's bio that makes him interesting. He's a whole host of contradictions. He uses dispassionate analysis in pursuit of his own passions.

https://lfcglobe.co.uk/a-historic-club-making-history-again-liverpool-owner-john-henry-hails-title-winning-reds/

John Henry reacted Liverpool’s Premier League title win by claiming the Reds have made “the beautiful game more beautiful than ever.”

The Reds ended a 30-year drought as they won their maiden Premier League title on Thursday night, following Man City’s loss to Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.

City can no longer mathematically catch Liverpool, confirming what had already been known for months.

Jurgen Klopp’s side have blown away all competition and clinch the title after just 31 games played, a new Premier League record and one of many the Reds set this season.

The Liverpool boss has transformed the club since his arrival and taken the club to a level they haven’t been since the 1980s.

Tweeting after the Reds’ title win, Liverpool owner Henry claimed it was “a season for the ages” as he hailed Liverpool for achieving FSG’s long-term target of winning the Premier League.

“This was a season for the ages and for the faithful of Liverpool Football Club. It has been an incredible year of magnificent achievement culminating tonight in capturing the Premier League title,” Henry wrote.

“The world has watched the fierce determination of this club on the field for every single match – the preparation, the resolve and the talent of those who put together perhaps the greatest league performance ever in any country’s history.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4

As fans we're exhausted, I can only imagine how these players feel.  Surprised we can win any games.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2022/nov/10/commanders-cornerback-benjamin-st-juste-says-there/

“Since I arrived here, it’s been a dark cloud over our organization,” St-Juste said. “Every time there is something good happening on the pitch, something bad is happening off it. It would give us great energy to have a fresh start and regain the confidence of the fans.”

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HigSkin said:

As fans we're exhausted, I can only imagine how these players feel.  Surprised we can win any games.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2022/nov/10/commanders-cornerback-benjamin-st-juste-says-there/

“Since I arrived here, it’s been a dark cloud over our organization,” St-Juste said. “Every time there is something good happening on the pitch, something bad is happening off it. It would give us great energy to have a fresh start and regain the confidence of the fans.”

as long as the checks dont bounce, im sure the players get along just fine

• Thumb down 1

Imagine how awkward it is for unknowing players seeing our stadium overrun every week. I've grown comfortably numb to it but you know many players do NOT want to be drafted by us NOR sign here. I think by now everyone knows.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 1

I don't care if it's Bezos who buys or Henry or the ghost of Bruce Lee (that would actually be awesome). I just want Dan OUT. He's steadily taken this franchise from the highest point into the gutter. For many years we could somewhat console ourselves by saying some franchise was worse than ours. The Raiders, the Browns, the Jets, whoever. But now we're absolutely bottom of the barrel. Dan just needs to GTFO. That's all I care about right now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Imagine how awkward it is for unknowing players seeing our stadium overrun every week. I've grown comfortably numb to it but you know many players do NOT want to be drafted by us NOR sign here.

We really need a new state of the art stadium and practice facilities. Yeah mabye bezos would be awesome for a bezoworld

• Like 1

I've been pondering what the impeccably qualified and well respected lawyer par excellence Gutman has said.

And now I'm concerned about the law of unintended consequences coming back to bite us in the ass.

This new lawsuit by Racine introduces an element of uncertainty into the Snyder equation.

Everything depends upon whether  the shield decides to close ranks and defend Dan in order to protect itself or make him their sacrificial black sheep.

Where as before it seemed that all roads led to a 100% sale of the team by Snyder, now that is less than an absolute certainty.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, The Rook said:

That's a bit myopic.  

:229:The Rook

players really dont give a **** like we do...fooling ourselves that they do. They go where the money is and i dont blame em a bit. Dallas is a good example...ownership is garbage, but they spend the $

• Thumb down 1

45 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

I've been pondering what the impeccably qualified and well respected lawyer par excellence Gutman has said.

And now I'm concerned about the law of unintended consequences coming to bite us in the ass.

This new lawsuit by Racine introduces an element of uncertainty into the Snyder equation.

Everything depends upon whether  the shield decides to close ranks and defend Dan in order to protect itself or make him their sacrificial black sheep.

Where as before it seemed that all roads led to a 100% sale of the team by Snyder, now that is less than an absolute certainty.

The NFL can close ranks all it wants with or without Snyder, but it doesn't change the fact that they can't lie under oath in a courtroom. The NFL thinks it is above the law, but that's what got them into this mess in the first place.

If they decide to close ranks anyway and just plead the Fifth in court, it will not make the issue go away...this ain't the 70s any more.

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, dunfer said:

players really dont give a **** like we do...fooling ourselves that they do. They go where the money is and i dont blame em a bit. Dallas is a good example...ownership is garbage, but they spend the $

I'm not talking about "team spirit".

I'm talking about working for a company etc where you have to explain Danny to your friends, family, etc.  They are working in a labor restrictive employment, where opportunities are limited.  Have you never left a crap job/owner/boss even though the money was good?  Do you think St Juste wouldn't want to play in a different "climate"?

They have mothers, wives, sisters and even daughters who are listening to this stuff.  Think that matters?

• Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, The Rook said:

I'm not talking about "team spirit".

I'm talking about working for a company etc where you have to explain Danny to your friends, family, etc.  They are working in a labor restrictive employment, where opportunities are limited.  Have you never left a crap job/owner/boss even though the money was good?  Do you think St Juste wouldn't want to play in a different "climate"?

They have mothers, wives, sisters and even daughters who are listening to this stuff.  Think that matters?

Majority of guys are fighting for a job. Thats life in the NFL. If we had a new stadium and nicer practice facilities than what theyre used to at college, wed have more guys wanting to come here. Theres probably a toilet in the locker room that still has an albert hayensworth **** in it....too big to get it down

Edited by dunfer

1 hour ago, dunfer said:

We hate Jerry and he’s a different flavor of **** but playing for the cowboys is NOTHING like the experience of playing for us. The player experience there is good even when they aren’t very good. Playing here is ass all the way around and downright embarrassing. Yeah the money spends but you’re kidding yourself if you don’t think it matters to the guys who have a choice—or wish they did. Some guys have been not-so-subtly forcing their way out of here for years now. I don’t need to go down the list and ruin the thread.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Conn said:

We hate Jerry and he’s a different flavor of **** but playing for the cowboys is NOTHING like the experience of playing for us. The player experience there is good even when they aren’t very good. Playing here is ass all the way around and downright embarrassing. Yeah the money spends but you’re kidding yourself if you don’t think it matters to the guys who have a choice—or wish they did. Some guys have been not-so-subtly forcing their way out of here for years now. I don’t need to go down the list and ruin the thread.

i think its the facilities that attract players. Yeah im not saying contracts are everything. Jerry splashes on the environment too

Edited by dunfer