Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

πŸ˜€πŸ˜€ Ron fired days ago. Mission Accomplished.πŸ˜€πŸ˜„

88Comrade2000

1 hour ago, NickyJ said:

Brian Flores is still suing the league at this very moment. I don't care what upside Flores has (he doesn't have much), I don't care how justified he was in his lawsuit. I wouldn't want a league-wide sideshow to be our head coach, especially after the entire team has been a league-wide sideshow for 5+ years.

im not sure but my hope is it would be finished prior to next season. I think the judge just recently said no to the arbitration. I’m not sure how quickly these things play out, I’m not in law.

Β 

I do think him being wronged and then kept out of head coaching searches isnt fair at all. I know life’s not fair, but this guy is talented. To say he has no upside is a bit narrow minded. Go read up on what he’s been doing with the Vikings this year. It’s not something that he has run before. He is not stuck in his ways. He is obviously open Tom new ideas and change.

Β 

but, I’ll stop now. All y’all can go back to drooling about Brian Johnson without any interference from me. (I’m not against Johnson by the way). But some saying we need a wide head coaching search and leaving out a guy that’s one of the better defensive minds in the game seems a bit silly.Β 
Β 

He’ll be past these issues soon enough. I bet he still has a long career in the NFL. Well, until Mara decides he should be blackballed.Β 
Β 

Im not one for attacking the whistle blower and I wouldn’t fire one as a result. I also wouldn’t stop them from moving up in my company.Β 

11 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Flores may get interview but probably for only Rooney rule compliance. I think his Miami experience will be used against him. Why should we hire you when you failed with your qb but your successor is having success with same qb.

Β 

EB may get an interview also for Same reason but Chicago seems genuinely interested in him.

Β 

That is if they interview at all. Just being a compliance interview, they may say no.

Β 

We’ll just have to disagree. Β We did the defensive route and that failed miserably. To rebuild, we need an offensive guy.

The Rooney Rule is exactly why he’s suing. Nobody in their right mind will bring in the guy to satisfy the Rooney Rule without a serious interest in hiring him. I hope Josh Harris is smarter than that.Β 
Β 

It’s funny listening to some people label our players as whiny because of EB yelling at them and others are defending Tua because his coach told him he needs to work harder and he should have drafted Mac Jones instead. Eh πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈI’m sure his words were probably more egregious than that, but I don’t get why some players are whiny because the coach is demanding and others are like, don’t hurt his feelings! You’re going to ruin him.

Β 

Β 

But, it’s football. I guess all the coaches these days have to play shoots and ladders with everyone and make sure they don’t ruffle any of the players feathers. Their baby birds and they need to be fed. I’m not saying every coach should be out here screaming and yelling, but sometimes people just do not get along. I’m a nice person if you were to meet me, but I’ll be damned if I hadn’t met someone and been around them for 5 minutes and I’m like **** this mother****er even without a reason. It happens.

4 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Flores may get interview but probably for only Rooney rule compliance. I think his Miami experience will be used against him. Why should we hire you when you failed with your qb but your successor is having success with same qb.

Β 

EB may get an interview also for Same reason but Chicago seems genuinely interested in him.

Β 

That is if they interview at all. Just being a compliance interview, they may say no.

Β 

We’ll just have to disagree. Β We did the defensive route and that failed miserably. To rebuild, we need an offensive guy.

Β 

Well to be fair, every type of coach failed here. So, it doesn't matter their background, they were hamstrung before cracking their first playbook.

I can see Bieniemy as the Carolina HC or OC, whoever their new coach is, or Chicago. A terrible run organization no one with options will go to--like we were under Snyder.

Β 

I want an offensive guy--Johnson, Smith, Slowik. But if the Carolina DC (oh Jesus, the meltdown if that happens...Defensive coach AND from Carolina?! People will want him fired by Week 1 of training camp) is the next Ryans, I am not going to complain. It's not just the HC selection, but also the staff. Seeing the chaos in Carolina reminded me so much of the utter dysfunction under Snyder. A team of coaches that work together is probably more important that the HC selection alone.

14 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Β 

Well to be fair, every type of coach failed here. So, it doesn't matter their background, they were hamstrung before cracking their first playbook.

Β 

Β 

Yup...

Β 

Norv Turner - offensive guru (at least when he was a 'hot OC')

Terry Robinskie - interim (interim is a type of coach, yes?)

Marty Schottenheimer - defensive-minded old school good ol' boy

Steve Spurrier - college offensive guru (at least when he was at Florida)

Joe Gibbs - franchise legend (although 2.0 wasn't as good as 1.0...)

Jim Zorn - under-qualified last-minute replacement coach when fanbase rebelled against hiring Jim Fassel

Mike Shanahan - Superb Owl-winning offensive guru (at least when he was HC in Denver)

Jay Gruden - offensive guru/'hot OC' (at least when he was OC in Cincy)

ANOTHER INTERIM COACH WHO'S NAME ELUDES ME

Ron Rivera - defensive-minded old school good ol' boy (Schottenheimer 2.0?)

Β 

Yes, all types of coaches have failed here. The common thread is they were all successful before coming here...

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen

8 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Β Bill Callaghan. OL coach and Allen stooge.

9 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

The common thread is they were all successful before coming here...

And had He Who Must Not Be Named drive everything into the ground. So hopefully, that virus has been cured.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

Β Bill Callaghan. OL coach and Allen stooge.

And had He Who Must Not Be Named drive everything into the ground. So hopefully, that virus has been cured.

Β 

One has to wonder how the current 'whiny' roster would handle it if Schottenheimer were still around and was the coach. I don't buy that all the players are snowflakes by any means...I'm sure there may be some who are but I think they tune out EB not because of the yelling but because they just don't respect him.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Β 

One has to wonder how the current 'whiny' roster would handle it if Schottenheimer were still around and was the coach. I don't buy that all the players are snowflakes by any means...I'm sure there may be some who are but I think they tune out EB not because of the yelling but because they just don't respect him.

I don't buy the players don't want to be coached hard narrative as a description of the entire offensive locker room. I think when the operations aren't yielding desired results these kinds of gripes are soon to follow. Cannot wait for the season to end.Β 

• Like 2

This whole idea of players not wanting to be coached hard is bull****. Robinson played at Alabama. McLaurin played at Ohio State.

Β 

Theres a difference between being coached hard and being an asshole. Perhaps Bieniemy is the latter. He might be a bigger asshole here with out ReidΒ 

• Like 6

I think yall are giving these players too much credit honestly. They deserve none. And no one has said anything about him being an asshole. The problem that has been reported is not that he curses alot or hes a jerk.....its literally that meetings are going to long and he moved the off day. That's some whinny ass **** in my book.Β 

Β 

I don't doubt the lack of winning is the biggest factor. But it sounds like only one coach and a few players are even putting in the time to be successful. That's not because one guy is a jerk. Its because they are soft. And they always have been. You can name exactly 1 guy on offense that you know is a winner and his name is Terry. The fact that you cant name me 5 should tell you something.Β 

Β 

Yall have a tendency to make me want to defend a man that I want to get fired and its really upsetting lolΒ 

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Firm but fair always works. But you gotta treat these guys like grown men.Β 

Β 

There really is no indication that he hasn't, is there? Howell himself said that he feels valued.Β 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Conn said:

@Fan since a Fetus

Β 

Not just Tua.

Thanks for this. in one of my posts I said that intelligent people change their mind when presented with new information that goes against their knowledge and feelings.

Β 

Β Well, I’m here to tell you I’m a dumb ****. Flores all the way!!!

Β 

Β Nah, just playing. I’m brilliant. that’s why I’m changing my mind on Flores. He has two very young and talented guys that he crushed mentally. We can’t have that.

Β 

Β It does make me wonder how he’s done so well throughout his career if that’s the way he’s coached.

Β 

Β I’m happy for both Tua and Austin. Ecstatic really! Because I’ve been through the similar situations. Except at 45 it still affects me in ways.

Β 

Β Edit: I think McDaniel is going to be talked about as one of the best. I am interested in Frank Smith for this reason. Especially since he’s there viewing all these changes with these young guys and how they are excelling now. I still question his role on offense. Similar to Bienemy.Β 

Edited by Fan since a Fetus
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

This whole idea of players not wanting to be coached hard is bull****. Robinson played at Alabama. McLaurin played at Ohio State.

Β 

Theres a difference between being coached hard and being an asshole. Perhaps Bieniemy is the latter. He might be a bigger asshole here with out ReidΒ 

Not only that but from a mental perspective he might think he’s flipping fantastic and it’s everyone else. Then you add on the fact about the rumors he's been running the team. He’s trying super hard so it’s super verbal barrage and it’s not working.

Β 

I don’t doubt Eric Bienemy thinks highly of Eric Bienemy. Under Reid he knew he wasn’t the top guy. Out of his shadow and out here making chicken **** out of chicken noodle.Β 
Β 

Ron made the guy assistant coach. It sounds and appears that he’s the head coach. I wonder how him and Ron discussed his deal to get him this point.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Jay Gruden - offensive guru/'hot OC' (at least when he was OC in Cincy)

He really wasn't that hot a coordinator.Β  But he had the Gruden name and a relationship with Bruce Allen through his brother, and he had coached Andy Dalton to be somewhere between respectable and good.Β  Mike Zimmer was the "hot" coordinator on that staff.Β Β 

Β 

Jay was basically a bad nepotism hire.Β Β 

Β 

O' Man Bill Callahan.Β  Offensive Line Coach who made a really odd adjustment in his career.Β  He was a Jon Gruden disciple and when OC/HC of the Raiders, ran one of the most pass-happy WCO's with Rich Gannon in the early 2000's.Β  Then he went to become an OL coach and found the religion of running the ball 97 times a game.Β Β 

Β 

AP loved him.Β Β 

Β 

Ron Rivera - defensive-minded old school good ol' boy (Schottenheimer 2.0?)

Ron couldn't carry Marty's jock.Β Β 

Β 

Marty was 200-126-1, a .613 winning percentage over 21 years as a HC.Β  He coached both the Browns and the Chiefs to AFC Championship games.Β Β 

His post-season record was pretty terrible.Β  However, and I went through this YEARS ago and would have to find it again, part of the problem is he was coaching in the 1980's and 1990's in the AFC with the Browns and Chiefs.Β  He consistently ran into Marino, Elway and Jim Kelly.Β  And would consistently lose to them in the playoffs.Β Β 

Β 

Ron has one good season to his name.Β Β 

Β 

Marty should be in the HOF.Β  I'll die on that hill.Β Β 

Β 

He's 7th on the all time Coach's win list.Β  Behind (wait for it) Don Shula (328), George Halas (318), Bill Belichick (300), Any Reid (255), Tom Landry (250), Curly Lambeau (226).Β Β 

Every one of those guys are LEGENDS of the game.Β  (Editorial note: I don't think Bill is going to catch Don and I think he's going to see that as a huge failure.)Β 

Β 

Of the active coaches now who are within shot of Marty, Tomlin will catch him.Β  He's at 170.Β  Assuming they can find a QB.Β Β 

Carroll is at 167, he's too old to get there.

McCarthy might catch him, he's at 167.Β 

Sean Peyton has 158, and John Harbaugh has 156.Β  They both MIGHT get there.Β  They'd need about 1/3 of their existing career wins to get there.Β  I think Harbaugh will but Peyton won't is my guess.Β 

Β 

After this crop of coaches retires, Marty is probably no worse than 10th on the all time win list.Β  It's possible he's 8th with only Tomlin surpassing him.Β Β 

Β 

Of the young guns, McVay and Kyle are young enough 63 and 57 wins respectively.Β  Each would have to average 10 wins for another 14 years to catch Marty.Β  Which they might just do.Β  But they are THAT far away.Β Β 

• Like 2

Marty was the original "culture changer" coach except he actually DID change the culture. Unfortunately the owner wasn't having fun and got rid of him.

Β 

That 2001 season could be considered the best coaching job in NFL history. That roster had no business even winning four games let alone eight. EIGHT.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Marty was the original "culture changer" coach except he actually DID change the culture. Unfortunately the owner wasn't having fun and got rid of him.

Β 

That 2001 season could be considered the best coaching job in NFL history. That roster had no business even winning four games let alone eight. EIGHT.

Your argument holds no water!!! Tony Banks was a top 3 QB of all time. Unfortunately he did not have the arm, the accuracy or the skill to be considered one of the best.Β 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Β 

Eh, I think there were parts of that roster which were good. Β The OL wasn’t terrible and Stephen Davis was legitimately good. Β QB was a problem. Β 
Β 

They also had pieces on defense. Β 
Β 

The biggest issue was QB and the fact all the veterans hated him because after Norv’s lackadaisical approach to life, Marty actually demanded they work and practice. Β 
Β 

It’s a pity they had virtually nothing at QB. Β 
Β 

The offense they were running looked really good in KC when Joe Montana was running it. Β 
Β 

With Jeff George and … tony banks maybe? It was pitiful.Β 
Β 

EDITED to switch from Jeff Blake to Tony banks. Β Not sure how much of a difference the two are though…

Edited by Voice_of_Reason

4 hours ago, Llevron said:

I think yall are giving these players too much credit honestly. They deserve none. And no one has said anything about him being an asshole. The problem that has been reported is not that he curses alot or hes a jerk.....its literally that meetings are going to long and he moved the off day. That's some whinny ass **** in my book.Β 

Β 

I don't doubt the lack of winning is the biggest factor. But it sounds like only one coach and a few players are even putting in the time to be successful. That's not because one guy is a jerk. Its because they are soft. And they always have been. You can name exactly 1 guy on offense that you know is a winner and his name is Terry. The fact that you cant name me 5 should tell you something.Β 

Β 

Yall have a tendency to make me want to defend a man that I want to get fired and its really upsetting lolΒ 

Β 

There really is no indication that he hasn't, is there? Howell himself said that he feels valued.Β 

Β 

But Terry is the one somewhat pseudo-leading the charge against EB, so clearly it isn't that simple

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Β 

Of the active coaches now who are within shot of Marty, Tomlin will catch him.Β  He's at 170.Β  Assuming they can find a QB.Β Β 

Β 

As a Stillers fan, I will say Tomlin will never get anywhere near 320 wins. He would have to average 10 wins per season for another 16 years, which is doubtful since he lost to two 10-loss teams in consecutive weeks at home. The problem is in Pitt is that Tomlin isn't bad enough to fire, while in the meantime a good season to him means 9 wins. He's 9-7 every year, like an inverted Jeff Fisher.

Β 

And he gets out coached by a half senile Bill Belichick and made Zappe look like Tom Brady II.

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen

5 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Β 

Β 

Β 

Once I started to listen in depth to EB, in addition to reading what he's said, I saw (from a behavioral/psychological/social perspective) why he had been "passed over" for an hc job and also why many teams wouldn't even be interested in offering him an oc position.Β 

Β 

Outside of the well-established KC "culture", pervasively adopted by players, coaches, and management, he is much more a shaky and questionable selection in every aspect of the role. Big gamble, big dice roll. Real hit and miss mix with more misses imv. I definitely want him gone and hope that's the case.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Jumbo said:

Β 

Β 

Once I started to listen in depth to EB, in addition to reading what he's said, I saw (from a behavioral/psychological/social perspective) why he had been "passed over" for an hc job and also why many teams wouldn't even be interested in offering him an oc position.Β 

Β 

Outside of the well-established KC "culture", pervasively adopted by players, coaches, and management, he is much more a shaky and questionable selection in every aspect of the role. Big gamble, big dice roll. Real hit and miss mix with more misses imv. I definitely want him gone and hope that's the case.

Β 

I'm now in this camp regarding EB as well.Β  Β I think I've seen enough.....I hope the next FO staff does the right thing and we move on from him.Β Β 

• Like 1