Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

😀😀 Ron fired days ago. Mission Accomplished.😀😄

88Comrade2000

Ron seems to major now in letting the clock run out without taking timeouts because heck what's the point if the team doesn't have momentum at that point and encouraging the players (no coaches) to do the half time rally speeches.  

Maybe next, he should designate a player to run their respective unit?  Terry calls the offense?  Jonathan Allen calls the defense. 

Woudn't shock me if Rivera becomes the first HC to watch games from a luxury box.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

You tell JDR to try adding a few blitzes too. Explain to him how it can help....

And tell Rivera to stay away from the mic and concentrate on what his staff is not doing...learn to make adjustments and for goodness sake, better game prep

Maybe Vincent Rivera should take over as LBer coach.  :ols: and Luke Del Rio can take over play calling. :ols:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

EB has been the biggest disappointment this season.  We thought we were getting an explosive offense and instead are getting something 10x worse than Scott Turner

Yeah for real. I saw some good things early in the season but its been disastrous since the Eagles game. 

We're just so bland and vanilla on offense. Its obvious now that Reid was the engine that drove the Chiefs offense(not that we didn't already know that). 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Doc Walker on The Junkies this morning provided his best "ism" reference the last Eagles game and then pitfull showings vs inferior teams. 

"You showed me you have the right horse but you don't have the right jockey"

The right horse? I assume he means roster and or QB. Answer to both is lol nope 

21 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

We squeaked by the 1-6 Cards thanks to our defense. Then the 2-5 Broncos. Two top 5 drafting teams and have been 1-4 since with losses to 2-5 Bears and 2-5 Giants.

Our 3-4 record is so inflated.  

A 3-4 record with an 0-7 coaching staff

• Like 1

Watching clips from Ron's presser yesterday, I wish the DC media was more like the New York or Boston media.  Rivera should be squirming and uncomfortable when answering questions from our media.  He's been given way too big a pass the last few years, and it's time that he owns up to the fact that he botched the offseason, and he's botched this program in Year 4.  If this were NY or Boston, he'd be getting skewered daily by the press and the radio.  I know that he's getting skewered by local radio now, but he shouldn't be allowed to BS his way through pressers like he was able to do yesterday.  His feet need to be held to the fire for the atrocious mismanagement of our O-Line, and our lack of aggressive moves to make the team better. 

• Like 1

Just now, samy316 said:

Watching clips from Ron's presser yesterday, I wish the DC media was more like the New York or Boston media.  Rivera should be squirming and uncomfortable when answering questions from our media.  He's been given way too big a pass the last few years, and it's time that he owns up to the fact that he botched the offseason, and he's botched this program in Year 4.  If this were NY or Boston, he'd be getting skewered daily by the press and the radio.  I know that he's getting skewered by local radio now, but he shouldn't be allowed to BS his way through pressers like he was able to do yesterday.  His feet need to be held to the fire for the atrocious mismanagement of our O-Line, and our lack of aggressive moves to make the team better. 

agreed. His comment about wanting to say things to the media that he can't, was pathetic. They barely push him. All the times he said "We're going to fix this" or "We have X weeks to turn it around". Nobody ever asks "Why should players, ownership and fans believe YOU are the guy to turn it around?" This week was the time to do it. "It's year 4 for you and Jacks defense. Why after these past season should anyone expect anything different? Every team has young players every year."

5 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

agreed. His comment about wanting to say things to the media that he can't, was pathetic. They barely push him. All the times he said "We're going to fix this" or "We have X weeks to turn it around". Nobody ever asks "Why should players, ownership and fans believe YOU are the guy to turn it around?" This week was the time to do it. "It's year 4 for you and Jacks defense. Why after these past season should anyone expect anything different? Every team has young players every year."

ALL OF THIS.  The media should be asking why he should continue to be the HC for this team, when we look no different now in Year 4, than we do when he arrived in Ashburn.  I feel like our media aren't (or weren't) fans of the team, or don't ask the really pressing questions that need to be asked for fans sake.  These kind of questions should be layups for people like JP Finlay or Ben Standig, unless they're nervous or scared about losing access if they press too hard with the questions.  The media needs to be more critical, even at the expense of losing access.

Edited by samy316

9 minutes ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

A 3-4 record with an 0-7 coaching staff

None of our wins were because of coaching. All three were because individuals on defense made some big time plays. Maybe you give Del Rio some credit for the St. Juste pressure, but the others were Fuller and Davis making great plays(and Ridder playing like a donk).

Our coaches don't give us any sort of advantage whatsoever. They are actually often a net negative on our players.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

9 minutes ago, samy316 said:

They had the threat of Dan taking passes. No longer the case. They need to grow as well. 

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah for real. I saw some good things early in the season but its been disastrous since the Eagles game. 

We're just so bland and vanilla on offense. Its obvious now that Reid was the engine that drove the Chiefs offense(not that we didn't already know that). 

Its as if he has a bunch of plays from his last gig but does not know how to correctly insert them into the game plan and is unable to modify them as needed.

10 minutes ago, samy316 said:

ALL OF THIS.  The media should be asking why he should continue to be the HC for this team, when we look no different now in Year 4, than we do when he arrived in Ashburn.  I feel like our media aren't (or weren't) fans of the team, or don't ask the really pressing questions that need to be asked for fans sake.  These kind of questions should be layups for people like JP Finlay or Ben Standig, unless they're nervous or scared about losing access if they press too hard with the questions.  The media needs to be more critical, even at the expense of losing access.

They appear intimidated the way they sometimes ask a question, Ron gives them a look, and then they rephrase to make it sound less harsh.

45 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

We squeaked by the 1-6 Cards thanks to our defense. Then the 2-5 Broncos. Two top 5 drafting teams and have been 1-4 since with losses to 2-5 Bears and 2-5 Giants.

Our 3-4 record is so inflated.  

If we didn’t play 2 of the 3 worst starting QBs in the league we’d be 1-6

• Like 2

I have no interest in firing Ron and I hope he isn't.

No just because of the comical media gaffes either. I find them more sad than funny.

What I do want is for Ron to wake the **** up and move some personnel around to do a better job and at least make it see like we're trying.

Hell, go scour some bingo callers for an OC with a clue. 

1 minute ago, Stihl89 said:

If we didn’t play 2 of the 3 worst starting QBs in the league we’d be 1-6

We had what, 40 yards of offense in the second half of the Cards game?

Our defense is responsible for all of our wins, even if they haven't looked good.

9 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

They appear intimidated the way they sometimes ask a question, Ron gives them a look, and then they rephrase to make it sound less harsh.

I don't think they are afraid. I think it's just how things go here. Nobody every pushes that hard in these with a Washington coach. Maybe they are worried they'll lose off the record access to information. But let's be honest.  With Ron, who cares now? Is he going to tell them off the record "Yeah, we've have not drafted really well, especially this year. Then free agents? We wiffed pretty bad, eh?"

I believe the reason they don’t ask hard questions is probably losing Ron and his close lieutenants as sources and that type of unofficial access. However, I don’t get why some of the guys who don’t break stuff like Michael Phillips don’t ask the tough questions

27 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

I don't even think they need to get him to squirm anymore. His apparent apathy and the constant excuses say everything I think we as fans and the ownership really need to hear. He is done here and literally everyone knows it. Its why we couldn't do any better than EB in the coaching search. No one wanted to come to a team they knew was a season from being blown up. 

14 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I don't even think they need to get him to squirm anymore. His apparent apathy and the constant excuses say everything I think we as fans and the ownership really need to hear. He is done here and literally everyone knows it. Its why we couldn't do any better than EB in the coaching search. No one wanted to come to a team they knew was a season from being blown up. 

They never got him to squirm. Like Jack's defensive scheme, Ron never got better with the media in his years here and probably going back to his time in Carolina. Those are critical thinking skill issues that he doesn't seem to have worked on. Nobody is saying you need to speak fast. If you're worried about saying something stupid, slow down. It's ok. Well, it's not ok because what you're thinking is stupid and now all these issues are self-inflicted with your roster and coaches. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

They never got him to squirm. Like Jack's defensive scheme, Ron never got better with the media in his years here and probably going back to his time in Carolina. Those are critical thinking skill issues that he doesn't seem to have worked on. Nobody is saying you need to speak fast. If you're worried about saying something stupid, slow down. It's ok. Well, it's not ok because what you're thinking is stupid and now all these issues are self-inflicted with your roster and coaches. 

Shanny, Ron, Jay, etc. all complained at one time or another about the intensity of the DC media and the reaction by those same media members is always "please, we're easy compared to Philly or New York"... DC media is actually more cutthroat than most other markets, as difficult as that is to believe. I assume media members CRAVE access, so lots of them will shy away from being contentious so they don't lose that.