Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

πŸ˜€πŸ˜€ Ron fired days ago. Mission Accomplished.πŸ˜€πŸ˜„

88Comrade2000

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I am truly lost, at this point. I'm out of ideas.

So is this franchise from top to bottom.. I’m at the point with this franchise to where I would actually question if Jesus came back today and was the New Owner, GM or HC if it would get any better

1 hour ago, No Nonsense said:

Nothing against you, but I’m so sick and tired of hearing who the players like. Are we supposed to be stuck with bad personnel because they’re popular?Β 

I agree….Bingo… if I recall correctly didn’t most of not all the Giant players hate Tom Coughlin? But yet they won 2 SB’s with him …. The whole players coach crap is over rated and where has the players love RR gotten this team in 3 years? Exactly nowhere….

38 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Give up for what? Trying to save their jobs? I don't see a big off-season. Either the sale will just be finalized or still on going--neither portends to a lot of big moves.

Β 

I will happily tread water until Snyder is going, knowing he's gone. Nothing good will happen until then

Β 

Β 

Ryan Tannehill.

2 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

That can’t happen. Β Until the deal is done these is absolutely no way the buyer can dictate to the seller to do anything. Β 
Β 

Let’s say the presumptive buyer was Bezos, and he tells Dan to go hire Sean Peyton and then trade for Lamar. Β And then tells Sean and Lamar to play ball and they do. Β 
Β 

Then, for whatever reason, the deal falls through. Β Dan pulls out last minute, Amazon and the NFL can’t work out a deal so Bezos is not double dipping, Bezos decides he wants to buy a small nation instead, whatever.

Β 

Now you have a real mess because Sean and Lamar thought they were working for Bezos, Dan’s still here, he might not have the money to pay for any of it, and it’s a disaster. Β 
Β 

Β 

This scenario would be the perfect cap on Doofus Dan's ownership.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

Man JP and crew are absolutely laying into Ron.

Β 

"they arent getting together and doing any of that ****. They dont think they are doing anything wrong"

Β 

Who is surprised?

Β 

He didn't think that anything was wrong in Carolina either. Then he brought as many of their coaches and players with him.

Β 

They even had a pretty good franchise QB there for most of a decade and had 1 single great season. The rest of the time they were mostly like this team.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Β 

Who is surprised?

Β 

He didn't think that anything was wrong in Carolina either. Then he brought as many of their coaches and players with him.

Β 

They even had a pretty good franchise QB there for most of a decade and had 1 single great season. The rest of the time they were mostly like this team.

Β 

His OC during a lot of that time was Mike Shula. πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ

Β 

One of Riveras biggest faults is he's to loyal.Β 

Β 

Can't say I'm surprised by the results with coordinators like JDR and Turner. Unfortunately he probably sticks with both for next season.Β 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Β 

His OC during a lot of that time was Mike Shula. πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ

Β 

Β 

Shula is probably the one the team forced him to fire. Rivera was on Norvs staff before so naturally he made his typical hire my buddy move.

• Sad 1

Ron is now a national joke for his decision to go back to Wentz. Β Nearly all of the national media are mystified and incredulous that he would make this move with the season on the line.

Β 

Here locally, there is an understanding of why Rivera did what he did, but the results couldn’t have gone more disastrous. Β Ron had handled this whole situation about as poorly and amateurish as you could possibly handle this as a head coach. Β He deserves to be fired for the trade, it’s aftermath and his handling of the O-Line.

Β 

JP Finlay said it best today during the postgame show, where he listed all of the O-Line players that have departed the last few years (Trent Williams, Scherff, Morgan Moses, Ty Nsheke, etc). Β Our line single-handedly torpedoed our season. Β NO QB would work behind this line, and the tepid, anemic and moronic play calling of Scott Turner.

Β 

I have no idea what will happen once the season ends after next Sunday, but there needs to be a serious discussion of stripping Ron of his FO responsibilities, and his offensive staff needs to go. Β I would love for Ron himself to be fired, but it’s unlikely due to the pending sale of the team. Β But the team needs to take FO duties from Ron and fire Scott Turner at the very minimum.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Yup Ron is from the Norv Turner coaching tree. Worked for Andy Reid too. Probably shoulda hired more Reid assistants. πŸ˜”

Β 

Rons best OC in Carolina might very well had been Chudzinkski. Who's another Norv underling tho.Β 

Didn’t realize Chud worked for Norv. Like Ron, the guy was already a big shot before working for Norv and Ron. He was the young OC 20+ years ago of the Miami team that won the national championship with Dorsey at QB

Β 

Chud is a dude who has weirdly disappeared from the coaching ranks and seems to have an admin job at Boston College.

• Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Β Ron will be back next year but will have a terrible year.New ownership will come in and get rid of him after next year. Next year will be bad but someone new will come in and hopefully get the us going.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

He can’t be allowed to run rampant in an effort to save his job just to make the next guys job significantly more difficultΒ 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

You can’t fire Ron now. Who is going to take a job with a new owner on the immediate horizon? We are stuck with Ron for another year.

Β 

Dunno, I can see Dan going out in a blaze of glory just to make life difficult/uneasy for whoever the next owner is.Β  "Oh, hey Jeff Bezos.Β  You think this is a cakewalk?Β  Yeah, I'm going to fire the guy who's the coach now, right in this murky weird transition area in hopes that all the good coaching candidates get snapped up before you can really come in and start making decisions.Β  Your first year is gonna suck, you're going to have some lame duck coach and then you're going to have to fire that asshole after your first season and the fanbase is going to start to turn on you, just like they did to me.Β  Good luck, buddy!Β  **two middle fingers, crotch grab**"

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Β 

We are truly trapped until at least the sale is over, why I feel stuck with Ron and no idea what we could do better.

Β 

If Snyder does fire Ron he gets to hire his replacement.Β  With the imminent sale and reputation Snyder has, the odds of getting someone better then Ron slim to none.

Β 

Snyder finally goes, watch the names open to coaching here light up like a Christmas tree.Β  Trying to figure out what to do at head coach with Snyder still here is pointless, we know it won't be better likely worse, so why bother?

Because we want to stink in 23; so we have a Top 5 pick in 24. The new owner’s Gm/ coach will have an easier time to get that qb.

Β 

Stay with Ron, we finish with 6-7 wins and drafting lower. Meaning, we will have to give up more assets to get that qb.

Β 

Β 

There’s plenty of desperate coaches that Dan can hire and we know the desperate coach will suck, which helps for 24.

Β 

Β 

Whether Ron is here or not, we aren’t going anywhere in 23. 23 is a lost year. Better to do that without Ron.Β 

3 hours ago, Zim489 said:

Ron resigns in the next week to two.

JDR interim HC.

Team Sold by February in principle with LOI signed.

GM in 2023 before the draft and FA. Possibly a few right hand men join.Β 

Rest of the FO gutted after draft.Β 

JDR leads tank year.

Coaching staff fired.

New coaching staff hired by GM.

Draft Caleb Williams

???

Profit

Β 

JDR could be the interim but Dan would still have to go threw the Rooney rule.

• Thumb down 1

3 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Because we want to stink in 23; so we have a Top 5 pick in 24. The new owner’s Gm/ coach will have an easier time to get that qb.

Β 

Stay with Ron, we finish with 6-7 wins and drafting lower. Meaning, we will have to give up more assets to get that qb.

Β 

Β 

There’s plenty of desperate coaches that Dan can hire and we know the desperate coach will suck, which helps for 24.

Β 

Β 

Whether Ron is here or not, we aren’t going anywhere in 23. 23 is a lost year. Better to do that without Ron.Β 

Β 

Nah, man, you want to stink, good for you.

Β 

This roster has too much talent to be throwing seasons away.

Β 

Give me Lamar Jackson when he's franchised, we can't draft and develop a QB anyway. Give those firsts to them so they can do their rebuild.

Β 

Β 

Edited by Renegade7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bowhunter said:

My suggestion is to keep RR on board as continuity for 1 full year. See how he does without Snyder making bad decisions. New GM (or even current FO) will have a full year to evaluate if change is necessary.

No, Ron needs to be gone after 23 regardless.

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Β 

Nah, man, you want to stink, good for you.

Β 

This roster has too much talent to be throwing seasons away.

Β 

Give me Lamar Jackson when he's franchised, we can't draft and develop a QB anyway. Give those firsts to them so they can do their rebuild.

Β 

Β 

Ron won’t do anything.

Pity the fool that gives Lamar the long term deal. He’s already breaking down. Last 2 seasons missing time for injury.

Β 

I don’t want to spend any picks on trading for a qb. Plenty of stopgaps will be available as free agents.

Β 

I view 24 as the big move for qb under a new owner, new Gm and new coach.

Β 

Frankly, the best thing for this franchise long term is if 23 ends up being a tank year.

Just now, 88Comrade2000 said:

Ron won’t do anything.

Pity the fool that gives Lamar the long term deal. He’s already breaking down. Last 2 seasons missing time for injury.

Β 

I don’t want to spend any picks on trading for a qb. Plenty of stopgaps will be available as free agents.

Β 

Β 

Frankly, the best thing for this franchise long term is if 23 ends up being a tank year.

Β 

Big move for who if you don't want to trade for anyone?

Β 

There is a lot of fan speculation right now Ravens are jus being over protective of Lamar versus he actually can't play, he's 25, he's not falling apart RG3 style.

Β 

What I'd like to see is a contract that is a compromise between what he wants $ wise and garuntee money.Β  Like, I'm willing to give more garunteed money if he's willing to count less against the cap.

Β 

I'm not seeing the need for an elite QB here, jus someone that can extend plays and get the ball to our WRs on playaction.Β  We are clearly a run first football team, honestly believe we got Wentz because he was best we could get, not to throw the ball all over the place.Β  Scott may have, but Ron never did and Ron finally win thanks to emergence of Robinson to compliment Gibson.

Β 

Β 

11 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Ron won’t do anything.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Yeah 2019 was exactly what the franchise neededΒ 

• Haha 1